Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Parameter is Incorrect - Downloaded files from Shutterstock
Ed1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2012 15:01 Messages: 30 Online
[Post New]
Hi
I'm using Director Suite 365 and when I go into the Media Room and select Downloded I can see several downloaded items but not all are visible. I can hover over a seemingly empty spot and the name of the downloaded file shows up and I can drag it onto the timeline. But is not visible in the Downloaded Library. On a right mouse click I get the option to delet from Disc but no option to delete from library. I'm thinking if I delete from the disc that item will be permanently deleted from Power Director.
Another thing is when I download from Shutterstock or iStock, I get a Cyberlink Power Director warning that says "The Parameter is Incorrect". The file will download and I get a confirmation box that says that it was successfully downloaded and is now available in the Media Libray. I can use this downloaded file (whether it is visible or only the file name shows when hovering) but after leaving the Downloaded Library i can not re enter the Downloaded Library unless I restart Power Director - I get that same warning "The Parameter is Incorrect.
My plan was to try delete everything from the Downloaded Library and see if it works but with no option to delete from library only to delete from disc I'm nervous that I will not be able to download that file again for future use.
Please any help fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Ed
OOPS this might help Windows 11 Home version 22h2 with a NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3050Ti

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2023 18:09

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

It could be you have some corrupt files in the download folder, not sure. You can try going to Media Cache preferences, clicking the "i" icon and then deleting all the download content to see if that helps.

If it doesn't, try contacting CyberLink support for more help:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Ed1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank You very much for trying to help me out!!
I tried as you suggested but could only delete one item at a time and had to restart P.D. each time for that to happen. After the Downloaded Library was empty I downloaded a couple Shutterstock video clips and that went well until I tried an audio file from Background Music and Sound Clips. I then got The Parameter is Incorrect warning again. These audio clips were in the Downloaded Library but not visible. After adding the audio files if I moved from the Downloaded Library to the Media Content Library and then try to re enter the Downloaded Library I get The Parameter is Incorrect and I can not enter the Downloaded Library until I restart P.D.
I will now try your second suggestion to try ask Support.
I do really appreciate you help Thank You!!
Ed
Ed1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have contacted Support and will wait and see what happens.
In the mean time I did a Google search and saw this problem has giving Power Director users problems as far back as 2007 maybe even longer. So my expectations of getting this resolved is almost none but will give support a chance and see what they come up with.
Ed
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a very generic error code and there are probably a dozen different reasons it can pop up.

In your case, it may be that you don't have the proper support for Apple QuickTime (MOV) files on your system as many Shutterstock videos use that format. See this post for more info.
Ed1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi optodata
Thank You very much for jumping in and trying to help.
I am now thinking the problem has to do with audio files.
After deleting all the files from the Downloaded Library I found that if I download photos and video clips - everything works as intended but as soon as I download an audio clip(from Sound Clips or Background music) is when I get the warning message and things get strange.
I did not install the codecs you suggested because the all the video files seem to work perfectly.
Ed
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like waiting for tech support is the best option then. I hope they can get things resolved for you!
IainShore [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2023 15:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It seems to be an icon thing. I switched views to text and I was able to access what I downloaded, no errors.
IainShore [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2023 15:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi
I'm using Director Suite 365 and when I go into the Media Room and select Downloded I can see several downloaded items but not all are visible. I can hover over a seemingly empty spot and the name of the downloaded file shows up and I can drag it onto the timeline. But is not visible in the Downloaded Library. On a right mouse click I get the option to delet from Disc but no option to delete from library. I'm thinking if I delete from the disc that item will be permanently deleted from Power Director.
Another thing is when I download from Shutterstock or iStock, I get a Cyberlink Power Director warning that says "The Parameter is Incorrect". The file will download and I get a confirmation box that says that it was successfully downloaded and is now available in the Media Libray. I can use this downloaded file (whether it is visible or only the file name shows when hovering) but after leaving the Downloaded Library i can not re enter the Downloaded Library unless I restart Power Director - I get that same warning "The Parameter is Incorrect.
My plan was to try delete everything from the Downloaded Library and see if it works but with no option to delete from library only to delete from disc I'm nervous that I will not be able to download that file again for future use.
Please any help fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Ed
OOPS this might help Windows 11 Home version 22h2 with a NVIDIA GeForce TRX 3050Ti

Hi there. I changed the view of the downloaded "folder" and everythings fine. I think it is an issue with icons. I could access what I downloaded today searching by date.