Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi forum,

If you want to see your bottlenecks try the free Moo0 System Monitor from Moo0.com

It displays system activity in real time and highlights what is limiting performance.

My bottleneck is my Mechanical Hard Disk Drives as expected, I do not have SSD.

PatC

HI Joseph

PD 11 now upto patch 3026 and over 12 months later behaviour is still the same.

Simple solution:
When choosing the production format if it throws up the error....
Then over on the left in the Profile Name/Quality click the + box to create a custom
profile and give it a name like " Exact copy of 1920x1080 50FPS " Click OK and you
have a Custom profile that is a copy of the default, saved with the name you have given.

To select the Custom profile make sure you select ALL or Custom in the profile type,
and then scroll down in the Profile Name/Quality list to choose your custom profile.

If you now select this custom copy, Produce works as normal.

You only have to do this once for each of the profiles that you use (that have this problem)
and next time around just select your Exact Copy Profile instead of the Default Profile.

PatC
Hi John,

Using PD11 Ultra.
I have been able to repeat your result, using AVCHD at 50fps progressive.
Video clip placed on timeline and using Power Tools Speed Multiplier set to 20 times.
Timeline clip produced correctly giving a clip running at 20 times speed.(AVCHD 50p)
However when the PROJECT is saved, PD11 closed and then re-opened, project reloaded
the video on the timeline is still the same reduced length, BUT...
the video is shown in power tools as still being 20 times speed but is in fact only half the Original
video at 10 times normal speed.
I also tried 82 times speed up and this time, production OK but on reopening project the
timeline clip was once again 10 times original speed but only a very short part of original video.

PatC
Hi Cubbyhouse

Bluray Specifications from Wikipedia.

VideoHigh-definition video may be stored on BD-ROMs with up to 1920×1080 pixel resolution at up to 59.94 fields per second, if interlaced. Alternatively, progressive scan can go up to 1920×1080 pixel resolution at 24 frames per second, or up to 59.94 frames per second at a resolution of 1280×720 pixels.

Resolution Frame rate[a] Aspect ratio
1920×1080 29.97-i 16:9
1920×1080 25-i 16:9
1920×1080 24-p 16:9
1920×1080 23.976-p 16:9
1440×1080 29.97-i 4:3
1440×1080 25-i 4:3
1440×1080 24-p 4:3
1440×1080 23.976-p 4:3
1280×720 59.94-p 16:9
1280×720 50-p 16:9
1280×720 24-p 16:9
1280×720 23.976-p 16:9
720×480 29.97-i 4:3 or 16:9
720×576 25-i 4:3 or 16:9

PatC
Gordon

In the screenshot you posted the Preview screen is in the normal docked position so there is no need for a restore button.
As Playsound observed you have reduced your preview to 25% so that the preview screen is not filled out.
In your screenshot the "undock button" is clearly visible bottom right, just right of the 3D button.
The screenshot you have posted shows nothing wrong, that I can see.

PatC
Hi TedK

If you are intending to install PD11 on an old WinXP computer you are in for a tough time.
PD11 needs a lot more resources than a typical XP system can provide.
Download the trial first...

PatC
Hi bjorn00

I have same problem with PD11 and 1080i panasonic clips. They will lock up program when reverse is applied.
I temporarly installed PD11 on an i3 laptop and same problem occured so it would seem to be a PD11 fault.
The 1080i files reverse fine in PD10 which I also have installed, so that is my solution.
Note: Panasonic 1080P files reverse without a problem.

PatC

Hi Topgun269

I copy my video files from Panasonic Video cameras with the supplied software
and it offers various options for saving to Hard Disk.
If I choose save to Year/Month then it will create the various monthly folders and
save the files in the correct folders in chronological order. The files are named by the
program with yearmonthdaytime. eg 2013-01-161545 (2013 Jan 16hrs,15min,45secs.)
When imported to PD library they are all in correct order.

I would assume that other camera software has similar options! Maybe...

PatC
Hi Michael,

Try playing it in SplashLite Player(free).
The "i" at bottom left of screen brings up info on screen.
I don't have any 24fps input to try so cannot confirm.

Patrick

Hi Robert,

Harking back to your initial post in this thread and the comment about RAM useage.
All the advice from PC suppliers and many editors on this forum recommend LOTS of RAM
when using Windows 7 64Bit. With this in mind I had 12GB installed when I purchased my
last PC which runs Win7 64bit. (Same CPU as you)
I have yet to see my RAM useage go above 4GB no matter what I am doing in PD10/11 or
for that matter in any program.
I wonder is there any way to utilise more RAM apart from building a RAM disk, and then how
would I use a RAM disk to do something productive ? ?

PS. I enjoy watching your videos and your commentary, super.

Patrick
Hi Bader,

I had the same Error Message Window while editing AVCHD video after loading the Version 2215 update.
I uninstalled PD11 and reinstalled my original Version 2110 and the error no longer occured.
As I did not try to render to other formats I do not know if your problem is similar.

I have NOT tried the latest patch version 2321.

Patrick
Hi Kev,

Sorry the date fell out somehow, try this ...

http://www.hpcwire.com/hpcwire/2012-02-28/opencl_gains_ground_on_cuda.html

Patrick
Hi Kev

I have the opinion that PowerDirector seemed to be more CUDA (Nvidia) friendly in versions 8 & 9.
Not that I claim to understand what it all really means.
In versions 10 & 11 Open CL seems to be mentioned rather than CUDA.
Have a read of this article published February 2012, might throw some light on the subject ........

http://www.hpcwire.com/hpcwire/2012-02-28/opencl_gains_ground_on_cuda.html

Patrick.
Hi John

I concur with Michael regarding the proceedure of going through the motions of producing a
small test video and producing to all available formats and then selecting a disk burn to the
various formats.
I found that just choosing the particular format brought up the "Activate" option, and by accepting
while internet was connected APPEARED to be all that was required. However doing a burn to folder
might be a safer route, to be absolutely sure activation has occured.
----------------------------------------------
One caveat however, after a C: drive reformat and Win 7 reinstall, when I tried to Activate the
various formats I received an error stating that Activation was not possible for some obscure reason.
This was eventually traced to my firewall "ZoneAlarm Free" having become too protective and
blocking PowerDirector from talking to the internet.
Easily cured when I found what the problem was, but by then my 30 days were down to 27days.
----------------------------------------------
I am of the opinion that the 30days is from the first time you try a particular format and not from
when you first install the software. (Just my personal experience).
It also seems that once you have activated on a particular system, activation is not requested again
unless you have made major changes to the system or drives.
This is born out by the fact that I have on occasion completely uninstalled and reinstalled various versions
of PowerDirector and not had the Activate request come up again after program re-installation.
------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the new PC.
Patrick

Hi

Thanks Carl, that PC magazine article is really concise and to the point without any
bull and personal preference. A good summation of the basic facts.

Patrick.

Hi NightOwl,

Yes the quality of 1080 50/60P is worth it provided your PC can cope.
I also run PD10 and PD11 so now I work in PowerDirector 11, which gives some great results when
producing in 1080 progressive even when fed with 1080 interlaced from a previous panasonic.

Patrick
Hi NightOwl

I would try playing the video straight from the camera via HDMI direct to TV to see if the
problem is in the native recording, and a camera fault.

Patrick
Hi bengershon,

Did you produce using SVRT ?
I get this same problem with the fade transition if I use SVRT when producing.
I am however using AVCHD video and not MOV, so maybe different for you.

Patrick
Hi xykotik,

I am not sure where the problem lies but...

Power Director is renowned for its dislike of MP3 Audio, especially variable bit rate MP3 files.
Typical solution is to convert .mp3 to .wav audio format with Format Factory. (Free)

Power Director uses some resources of Apple Quick Time Player.
Do you have the latest QuickTime player installed.

Have you installed the latest PD10 update, Patch 2231 cures latest Nvidia Graphics problems.

It's worth a try.

Patrick

Hi,

In the past there have been various posts regarding the Activation issue and the 30day warning.
Like you Garioch7 I had an instance where I was requested to Activate some format that I had
not used previously, even though the software had been installed for several months.
I am under the impression that the 30day warning is from the First Time you try to use the particular
option.
This would make a lot more sense than having only 30days from software installation, when
at the time of initial installation you do not know what formats you might be using later.
Maybe CL are getting things sorted in this area.

Patrick
Go to: