Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
...the camera is a Panasonic SDR-H80 and it records in mpeg 2 format ...

I can burn movies using the supplied Panasonic software and watch on an 42inch LCD TV and the quality is very impressive.

...but i like to mess around with my films using Powerdirector ..
HI ... I just bought a HDD camcorder which saves mpeg movies in 704 x 576 format (DVD Quality).

Basically when using PD8 , the software thinks the ratio is 4:3 .... i manually changed it to 16:9.

...so is this a bug in the software? .....
I don't care if i get blocked and this reply will be blocked or edited anyway but i think the moderator here is very negative on this site. Anything said against Powerdirector is heavily censored or removed. Why is this? Whatever happened to debates? Who cares if we compare other products? Surely that's what forums are all about.

Is there a body above this website where we can complain about the moderator and his heavy heavy censorship ......
Peter .... don't worry your not doing anything wrong. I cannot connect to YouTube either. It was working OK about 3 days ago.

If the video length/size were too long then PowerDirector tells you this.

There is nothing wrong my Internet connection and as far as i am concerned it's a problem from Cyberlinks end and not ours.
Who moderates the Mods?

I've copied and saved this page to show other forums how bad this forum really is.

bye.
totally agree with OP.

Read that support link above. I cant believe in this day and age tech support are telling you to delete temp files and empty your recycle bins.

What a load of rubbish.

****************************************** *************************** ******************* ************* EDITED OUT!

Like i said i a previous post this new V8 has exactly the same problems as V7. Pretty appalling, and i'll not fall for it again.
Great.....

.... Power director 8 still keeps crashing and i can't create a movie and burn it to DVD - error eb 130581 or motion menu crash(?)

Thought by now all these problems would have been fixed. Very Disappointed.
Dafydd i actually think you are quite offensive. How can a forum about a video editor be so heavily moderated? Very strange.

I paid £57 to legally download this product, yet in the forums you heavily edited my original post and i find your attitude of "if you have a problem then follow this link......" etc stinks.

I thought this was a forum, but i was wrong.

Maybe this is why these forums are so quiet because people cannot post what they want to say.

Needless to say, i won't be back. Don't worry CyberLink, you got my money and that's what really counts in the end.
Hi, Dafydd

I thought i was explaining my user experience in my 1st post. I don't think i wrote anything illegal. If i did could you please PM me and explain what was illegal.

Anyway as a little update i finished my wedding DVD. The only way i could get any DVD quality was not to use the "Magic" button. If i used this button eg, to adjust to light or colour, then the quality of the final DVD rapidly decreased.

I used fades and managed to adjust the volume to the desired level and all in all I'm quite happy with the end result.

As a note on the Magic feature - when i clicked on "Lighting Adjustment" it turned everyone orange. To compensate this i clicked "Colour Adjustment"
and had to move the Saturation slider down.....

As before, fellow users, any advice would be most grateful.......
Ok....i give up!!!

I am still a bit concerned how heavily edited my original post was. What is the point of a "Forum" if comments cannot be expressed? Are we only allowed to post good things about the program and not the bugs and errors?

Anyway, I've been on all afternoon making my wedding DVD again. I saved the file into MPEG2 DVD HQ format and burnt the movie onto DVD.

The quality is appalling. The footage looks foggy (like watching a VHS) and blurry.

I took 2 identical clips and edited one in PowerDirector 7 and the other one using Windows Movie Maker. I saved them both onto different RW DVD's.

The Movie Maker version is DVD quality. The PowerDirector 7 version is foggy and blurry and the quality substandard.

I really wanted PowerDirector to edit some wobbly footage and improve the lighting in some scenes, but it looks like i may have to revert back to Windows Movie Maker.

.....Or am i doing something wrong?

PS - The original DVD footage is saved on my computer in original DV format and is 10.5Gig in size.
Oh my original post has been heavily edited.

No i didn't save any of the film. I edited my film and then went straight to burn onto DVD. So everything i created last night was lost.

As for the audio, i always thought this was OK on my camcorder. I have a TRV 255E which records in 16 bit Stereo. I was standing just in front of the Bride And Groom when they got married, with the camera mounted on a tripod. A couple of occasions the Bride talks very quietly during her vows, otherwise the sound is A OK.

From what i can gather from google searches etc, is this program is very prone to crashing. So what i am going to do is save constantly and then see what happens.

Another thing that would be greatly appreciated here is how do you change the DVD menu duration? I have ripped the audio sound from when the bride and groom done their 1st dance. I want this audio to play in the DVD menu.

I can only get the DVD menu to play for about 15 seconds and then it goes back to the begining. I have changed the number in the settings page (where you enter a figure of 15-99) but this makes no difference whatsoever.

Off i go......round 2....

Yes i have the latest build for this software and yes my computer is more than capable (Q6600, HD 4870 1 GIG, 3 GIG DDR 2 RAM).

Another annoying thing is the sound editing

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED AFTER REFERRAL TO CYBERLINK.
Go to: