Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I discovered what happened. I copied my video from my desktop to a separate external drive. I remembered that after reading your advice, Also, the way the program is created, all I need to do is put my video over the black clip spaces. then I click on replace and the program does the rest. what a relief. thank you for the eye opener.
I did not rename the folder. I took the clips from my camera and loaded them to the desktop. I think I am going to delete the movie I made and start all over. thanks for your help.
thank you. I will delete and start over.
I do not know how to do a screen shot. I can tell you that on my timeline all of my transitions, titles, backgrounds are there. The video clips are there too but they are black and blank and the numbers on them are all 0.0000 instead of mts 0021 etc. thanks for trying.
All of the video that I have used in my project went to 0.0000. The effects are there and the titles I created are there. Just no video. Can anyone help? Thanks! I do not want to start over. I have a lot of work into this. I use PowerDirector Utra. I love it. I cleaned up some very old video files but they had nothing at all to do with this project.
Hello! I also had the 'runtime error' message. i use windows vista. Since it is a windows error that pops up, contact the folks who made your computer. when i contacted hp, they sent me to the dos prompt with some codes to type in. poofka! i no longer get the 'runtime error' issue. good luck! ginnyb
Good Morning! I also have had problems with both renderring and burning using PD8. No matter what I tried, it all stopped at 18%. At that point I would get"runtime error". Now, I had the phone service and the folks there were great. They kept giving me things to try like shutting down the uac and selective startup. Those efforts all ended in failure. Then it occurred to me, the error message always says that windows terminated in an unusual way. So I sent an email to the company that made the computer. I use vista. So maybe these directions only work with vista. They Tech guys for HP gave me directions for making changes at the dos prompt. I did it, and I tried it, and it worked. I think.After making these changes, my movie produced to 100%. I don't want to get too optomistic, but that is the best I have seen since I started using Power Director.

GinnyB
The camera works fine. I have been trying to burn my video using power director 7 for the last 7 months and have had no success. I use vista as an operating system. Please reply if you have had any luck getting these two things to work together thanks
The camera works fine. I have been trying to burn my video using power director 7 for the last 7 months and have had no success. I use vista as an operating system. Please reply if you have had any luck getting these two things to work together thanks
I have the jvc everio gz-hd7u. I use power director 7 ultra. I have been working for 7 months to burn just one dvd and have not had any success. Tech support keeps telling me to install and uninstall. That does not work. If you figure it out, please post a solution.
I have the same problem. I have jvc gz-hd7. Once all the editing is done, I try to make it into a dvd file and at 45% or 25 minutes everything quits. Is there a way to increase the amount of computer space allocated to Power director?
Thank you for the advice, Mitchell. I appreciate the help. I use Power Director Ultra 7. When I talked to the folks at JVC they told me I should be using Power Director NE. The patch at the site you recommended is for the NE version. Is it possible that Power Director Ultra cannot read the files created by my JVC Everio gz-hd7.? Ginny
I purchased a jvc hd7u. I can import the video to power director 7 ultra. If I trim the video or add effects or titles I receive the error message "power director has stopped working" Then I try again and it works. However, sometimes I lose my work and have to start over. Now, is the big one. If I try to burn using pdirector, I get the error message,"microsoft visual c runtime library abnormal program termination". If I try to create a dvd folder I get the error message, "the application requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact applications support team". The pdirector program takes 5 hours and always stops after renderring 25 minutes. Please help. This has been happening for the past 5 months. I am losing customers.
Go to: