Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,

I'm having the same problem when I try to burn a dvd. My movie is a wedding that I have edited and I need to get it to my client. I have tried to burn to DVD twice and have failed twice with the same error code.

Burning Failure! Error code eb020b8d.

This happens at the 21% download mark, just after the menu has been created and the DVD burner is trying to initialize.

The file is approx. 5.8GB and I am using a Memorex DVD+R DL disk. This is a recordable 8.5GB (8X), 240 min capacity DVD disk.

What info do you need from me other than that? I will be happy to provide it. Right now I am trying to Create a DVD Folder instead of burning to disk. If that works can I download the file to a DVD outside of PD7?

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the answer is "yes."

Bob
Help!!!

Am having the same problem as Patricia was having except I can't change the "My Viideo" text on the Chapter page. What do I do?

Thanks!!!

Bob
Thanks for your help, Dafydd . Sorry for the delayed response. I have downloaded the patch, but it is almost 1am my time and I will have to do a test on the software when I shake the cobwebs loose tomorrow.

Will let you know if the patch corrected the speed problem.

As far as the version of software...that will also have to wait til the a.m. I mean the later a.m.

Thanks again,

Bob
Please can you state what version and build of PowerDirector you are using (use/download the latest version patch).
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_ENU.html

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A

Dafydd
PS. Bob, why "Novice"?

Why Novice?

Because I thought I answered the question of what version and build of PowerDirector am I using by responding with "PowerDirector 7 Deluxe." By your question, I must assume that I did not . Now, I have worked in post production, so I know all about time codes and inserting video or audio, etc...but I have never edited. And have never used this software before. Where in the software properties can I find the answer to your question "what version and build of PowerDirector are you using."

As to the patch, I have tried to link to update software from within the powerdirector software program and am told that my software is up to date and no update is necessary or some words to that effect. Should I still download this patch? Will the patch fix my problem?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Today a novice...who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Bob
It's the latest version, Version 7. The Deluxe version, not the Ultra version. I just got it a week ago.

Hey, Guys

I know I haven't set up a profile, but I tried and the page wouldn't recognize that I had input a nickname so it wouldn't let me create a profile. Not sure why that was but...there you go.

Anyway, I am having a problem with my speed adjustment in powerdirector7. Whenever I have a clip that is shorter than the length that I need for my "scene", I extend it (within the boundaries acceptable to the software). The edited scene works fine until I quit powerdirector7 and then re-open it. When I re-open the software all of my speed adjustments have been re-set back to the original length of the clip.

For example, I have a 6 sec clip. I extend it to 9 sec.

When I shut down the software and then re-open it, the 9 sec setting is still recognized in my "movie" however the clip has reverted to 6 sec and freezes on the last frame until the entire 9 sec is up.

My question is: Is there some save button that I am missing to lock my adjusmtents so they won't revert back?

Thanks,

Bob
Go to: