Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7 Burn Initialize error: eb020b8d
Kyle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2008 17:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When I click the burn disk option in the create a disc tab, I select the settings and hit OK. A window comes up that reads "Initializing", but after a few seconds before any progress is made an error window appears that has the error code: eb020b8d.
Harris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2008 02:53 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Same here. Exactly the same problem. Looks like it has been around for a while and Cyberlink is depressingly quiet about it all. Like you, I get the error message almost immediately after clicking "create disc" I haven't seen any fix posted but will keep watching for a while before I toss my PowerDirector disc in the garbage.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Both,

I'm sending you both a report form I'd like filled in and returned.

I'll see what this issue is all about. Just remember to give detailed information.

Read:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART D
And E,F will help as well.

I might need some sample files from you - but that'll be sorted out later.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Both,

Please apply the latest update 2105.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3908.page
test and report back.

Dafydd
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2008 12:19 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I installed the latest patch but sadly the error continues.
Harris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2008 02:53 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd - thanks for trying. Had a successful upgrade to .2510 but sadly no change to the "create disc" issue. I'll spend some time on the weekend and create the data document as per your earlier email and see if we can get somewhere. Thanks again for your efforts.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2008 04:16

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Harris and Kyle, where's the data I requested? If you want this issue looked into please respond to the PM's I have sent to you both.

Thanks

Dafydd
Dominic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2008 16:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to dig up an old topic....

I have PD7 - 7.00.2105

I have burnt single layer dvds in the past. On this occasion I was burning a DL DVD+R (8.4gb) and got the error eb020b8d. It occured about 20% burn time.

Part E and F to follow shortly when I've done them i have also uninstalled nero and re-installed it again to see if that is causing the problem. I have Nero Version 8 and just the burning ROM, no other DVD burning software such as InCD or Roxio.

I am using Windows Vista on a CoreDuo 1.8Ghz/2GB RAM... about 12GB free on the hdd... its a little grubby around the mouse but I don't think that's affecting it*

Many thanks in advance for your help - any questions you have to help you will be answered as quick as I can.

*this bit may or may not be serious

[edit: outputting to a folder gave me an error of a000000a at 50%. ]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2008 16:37

Antonina [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2007 13:02 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem with the latest build, has this been solved yet? I have been working on editing this old home video for a friend for about 3 months and now I can't get it to burn. Dafydd please send me the form to fill out.

Antonina
Dominic [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have sent an email in to support - I'm sure there are many more people who have this problem.

Dafydd - if you do have any suggestions, do let me know

Kind regards to all,
Dominic

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2008 04:21

Dominic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Support have suggested that it could either be space on my HDD, the DVD burner or other DVD burning software... so I've installed it instead on my windows XP system. Same errors.

Have put this to support to see what they suggest.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
sent PM x 2

Dafydd
BigO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2008 08:00 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys,
Unfortunately I have the error code too. At first my system would crash at 24% during the burning process as soon as the titles were 'preparing'. I has an 8.5 gig disc in at the time. This happened 3 times so I changed the menu around thinking one was corrupt and even tried without menus to no avail. Now I cannot even burn anything using PD7, even a single short movie file without getting the eb020b8d message at 20% burn time. Dafydd if you can please send a solution my way would be much appreciated.
Cheers.
BigO

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2008 08:07

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Owen (BigO) has returned the report, just waiting now for the others - asap please.

Dafydd
BigO [Avatar]
[Post New]
C'mon guys get those reports back - its Friday night so fill out the form while having a beer! Also some info:

My current project is around 8 gig at HQ quality.

I have been doing some troubleshooting and I can burn the same file perfectly at LP quality with no errors which brings the file size down to around 2.8 gig I think. So I go another step and try to burn the file at 'smart fit' to a 4.7 gig disc and unfortunately it crashes again. So anything above LP quality and/or 2.8 gig in size crashes. Can you try and burn yours at LP and see if you are able to burn successfully.
Cheers,
BigO

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2008 05:52

BigO [Avatar]
[Post New]
Haven't got a solution yet - what's my next step?
Cheers,BigO
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Owen,

You were the only one that returned a report. Without more details and comparison checking this issue will not be easy to resolve for you.

Dafydd
Novice [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: Oct 14, 2008 17:03 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm having the same problem when I try to burn a dvd. My movie is a wedding that I have edited and I need to get it to my client. I have tried to burn to DVD twice and have failed twice with the same error code.

Burning Failure! Error code eb020b8d.

This happens at the 21% download mark, just after the menu has been created and the DVD burner is trying to initialize.

The file is approx. 5.8GB and I am using a Memorex DVD+R DL disk. This is a recordable 8.5GB (8X), 240 min capacity DVD disk.

What info do you need from me other than that? I will be happy to provide it. Right now I am trying to Create a DVD Folder instead of burning to disk. If that works can I download the file to a DVD outside of PD7?

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the answer is "yes."

Bob Bob
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you have a disc burning software (writes DVD) such as Power2Go then the answer is yes.

Always lookout for a possible corrupt media file in the project as a likley cause of the error.

Dafydd