Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you, Adrian, for lighting a candle for our friend CP.
I miss him.

Nina
I went to PDToots quick tips and found a video from 2015 which I like also today!

(The edits are because I'd forgotten how to embed!)

Congratulations on your new forum!
At last.

I’ve been a member of CL forum (PD) for...must be a good 12-14 years? (I see I joined 2008! wink)
Some friends are still here, and I know you will know I advocated many times for having a forum for creative stuff.
Somehow, back in the days, it didn’t seem possible to get CL on board with this.

I’ve always recognized that PD members forum will- for the most part - deal with technical issues.
Well, as years went by, one could see that issues of technical concerns got to be the only thing posted and discussed.
From being quite active on the forum - I just lost interest in dxdiags, processors , CPU benchmarks, Cores, Ram and drives, cameras and drones.

What did people actually make?
How was PD actually used?
What was people editing?

In the end I dropped out.

And time passes.
Now I have a new PC, a new monitor - but now I don’t even have PD installed because the edition I have is out of touch.
I still edit, quite a lot actually, as retirement finally hit me.

I just wanted to pop in and congratulate CL, Tony, Adrian, Barry, Jeff and Ron on the new forum.

Nina
The thing(s) regarding VO is an ever returning issue/problem/matter of taste?

If we should agree that the internet language is English, we could perhaps also agree that English comes in many different shades of dialects. Not only from different continents, but from countries - and within countries. I really don’t mind. As long as the audio itself is good and as long as I understand the English spoken, I don’t mind the accent of Ireland, Texas, India, Germany, Australia or South Africa.

Editing software seems to be promoted mostly towards male customers. As if skills and creativity are understood to be reserved men. (Lately, the car industry is twisting their promo.)
Some editing software companies do not prefer female VO in any form of English.
It’s been puzzling to me – if the promotions mostly want to target men – why companies choose to have a male VO speaking so softly / soothing as if promoting lip gloss, body lotion or massage oil.
With CL, it’s been like that for some years.
That’s a bit bewildering 😊
I had to make a sample title, couldn't resist wink since I understood my tips on creating titles helped by a photo editor was "dated". Well.....

It's mostly about keyframing when you want something clean and straight forward, not any 3D effect or perhaps gradients in motion. You may even leave out any drop shadows.
In this sample, I didn't add any (colored) square or circle graphic. Simply because I am not that enthusiastic about those things in a personal video. To me, those graphics are more what you use in a PowerPoint for a lecture or when you advertise something for sale.

Anyway......

https://vimeo.com/268434314

Cheers
My point:

If you want these kinds of titles you linked to you can perfectly well create them yourself.
They are just letters, graphics and animation.
It means a little work, but then you will be in charge of the titles yourself, not a program's template.

Thanks for your quick reply. I still think these don't come close to the quality of the other programs; there's still a very dated look to the title. Can anyone recommend another program that is better suited for this kind of thing? It seems like Adobe Premiere or AFter effects is the way to go. But those also seem to be a lot more complicated programs.

Hi,

I wonder; did you take a look at the videos I posted links to?
The titles there aren't from any template - they are made from scratch in a photo editor
and then animated.
If you are looking for a "clean" title to suit a project it's a sure way to look away from templates in
any program - and make them yourself. You have no limit in PD to animate - or not.

Nina
Just a visit to the forum before bedtime and I read (again) about titling.
A few hours ago I uploaded something about titling. Not anything fancy, but
just a reminder that we can produce our own titles from scratch.

https://vimeo.com/268235423

(First title here is made in NBTitler Pro)

Years ago something similar was uploaded to PDToots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE25h0efYLU

Nina
Hi Tony

I watched it and thought; how brave of you to stick with it for 8 min! I can’t see how anyone would think of adding things like this to footage. Maybe for 1 sec in a special effect setting. I think effects like these, or a couple of them, are “suited” best for images, not footage.
What’s next, I wonder……….
Over the years, I spent hours and hours on Skype with my dear friend Carsten. His family moved from Denmark to US. Even though a little child when arriving to US, he never forgot segments of Danish. Me, being Norwegian, I guess we had a special Scandinavian connection. Apart from video stuff, we could talk about food, traditions and way of life, which was of great interest to him.

He had a wish, a dream, to be able to go to Denmark once again. I am so very sorry he didn’t get his wish come true. Life goes on, but even though “I know nothing stays the same”, not a day goes by without hearing Carsten’s voice and recalling conversations I will treasure forever.

Nina
No, Anna, I don't think you can copy/paste from Office in to PD - or most video editors I should think.
Anna; I have been making educational videos for many years.
I find using png files is not at all a tideous workflow. I have some folders where I have stored png assets over the
years and I can quickly find and import them.
I wonder; are your videos for students? Collegues?
Or do you have pehaps a channel you wish to promote as an "edu-channel"?

Have you had a look at Office Mix?
You could then use PowerPoint.

Cheers
Hi Anna,

Using png files (transparent background) as overlays, that's what I do. You will find several downloadables if you don't wish to make them yourself in a photo editor.
I remembered questions about waving flags from before because I was involved in an answer at that time.

If not actually recording a waving flag or spending lots of money on software, animating a gif I would say will do the job for you, - that is if you are making something that is not supposed to be broadcasted somewhere.

These days, it seems to be no end to what you can do online.

(sorry about the editing......)

Post from 2014
Quote Hi Pete -

I'm sure this has been raised before, but can't put my finger on it.

Cheers - Tony

I can...........
Quote Is this the future for titles and effects?

I was impressed after having used After Effects and Fusion for compositing.

Breathtaking Animations In 3 Clicks

Al

Hi!

Wow, have you tried it? Looks almost too good to be true........
Quote I have just purchased PowerDirector and find it easy to use although there are a few minor irritations.

The supplied titles are good as far as they go, but I would really like to be able to edit a title design or create a new title from scratch from my own artwork. Is there a resource that might help me to do this?

The other thing I would love to do would be to be able to fade subtitles in and out. If this feature is available I have not been able to find it. The snap in and out annoys me slightly.

Finally there is only one subtitle track. I know that this will be just fine for most users, but my first video with PowerDirector used 2 GoPros and a stationary camera, at times all displayed simultaneously. I wanted to have subtitles for each of the images. I was able to do it, but much trial and error was involved.

Great product for the price.

Hi!

I suppose there's a ton of ways to create titles. Some bulit in - and you can tweak, there are special softwares, online possibilities and of course titles you can create yourself using a photo editor and your own creativity. A while back I did this for PDToots:

Nina
Quote how can i remove watermark from video i was downloaded on youtube ?

sorry for bad english, Thanks

Seriously?
Thing is; earlier - on guidance here on the forum, I uninstalled GForce Experience on my laptop. I went ahead this morning to Nvidia site to get a new install of that one. For some reason, they now want me to log in / create an account. (still on my laptop). You know the drill; google/facebook - whatever. GFE will not work now unless I create an account. So; I went to the manual download site, found my card - but then.....32bit? 64? Both listed.

You should use the 64 bit link if that's what you have. The 32 bit WON'T work, like I have already shown you.

However, I never had to REGISTER to download drivers from nvidia, are you SURE you are on th eright site and you are virus-free? Sounds sketcky...

PS: When you install the drivers, always choose the option "Custom". That will let you deselect the GeForce Experience.

It's GeForce Experience that now wants registration, not the nVidia download site.

Yes, I should be virus-free, Norton is working at all times wink
Quote To my surprise; both computers run 64 bit Win 10, yet I have installed (via update) 32 bit card drivers.........? Is there a rhyme and reason for that or should I manually download 64 bit card drivers?

Nina

Why do you think that you have 32 bit drivers?

Because the nvidia installer won't pass compatibility check - below is my attempt to install 32 bit Windows 10 drivers on my 64 bit Windows 10:

Thanks, guys.

I have been to that site, Carl.

Thing is; earlier - on guidance here on the forum, I uninstalled GForce Experience on my laptop. I went ahead this morning to Nvidia site to get a new install of that one. For some reason, they now want me to log in / create an account. (still on my laptop). You know the drill; google/facebook - whatever. GFE will not work now unless I create an account. So; I went to the manual download site, found my card - but then.....32bit? 64? Both listed.

I have downloaded the 64 bit, not yet tried to install. I then read all kinds of google sites and found a spot in my computer stating 32 in the end of driver name/number, like this (32). This is where I start to wonder. (Right now I can't remember where I saw this info on my system..........?)

Jeff kindly enlighted me and so I get the understanding this is referring to system 32.......?

I opened GFE on my desktop just now to get a glimpse of things there, and what do you know! the same thing happened there; "updating" the thing in a flash- and the same shi......now there, asking for account and permissions. ( I went ahead for this one but answer was: "sorry but we can't log you in at this time, try later".

Bottom line: will it be safe to try and install the 64 bit new driver - manually downloaded - on my laptop? I get the understanding that if it's not ok I will get a message window popping up?

Guys; I think I get it now - I'll use the manual download. Searching for the right card, Win 10 64 bit; It has to be right! Sorry for the time I stole from you, but I really was confused there.

Have a nice weekend!

Nina
Hi,

I am in the process of updating my graphic cards (nvidia) and had time to get a bit more in to it. To my surprise; both computers run 64 bit Win 10, yet I have installed (via update) 32 bit card drivers.........? Is there a rhyme and reason for that or should I manually download 64 bit card drivers?

I find the present status strange, but hesitate to do the change. If you, Jeff, are around, I know you can give me knowledge of this- I will not do any change before I get your input.

Nina
Go to: