Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Your description makes it sound like PD16 opened a project saved in PD21, absolutely no way.

Glad whatever your issue or error was that it is okay now.

Jeff

Seems to be the case, creating a project in PD21 and trying to open it in PD16 then I get the error, other way around, PD16 saved project opens OK in PD21
Hi, thanks for your time. Unable to recreate the error. Ran PD16 > oened project and made changes > saved. Ran PD21 . Opened the same project > made changes > saved. Ran PD16 again, Opened the same project, changes had been made and saved. Performed the sme tasks in reverse. PD21 works corectly, no errors.
Michael.
Hi All. I have been using PD16 for about 5 years and just purchased and installed PD21. When I boot the new install, looks perfect but, when I try to open a project, (full list is still visable) I get the message "not compatible, project was written by an older version of power director" If I boot to PD16, everthing works properly. I have not YET tried to build a new project with PD21. Any suggestion please.
Quote Yes. PD automatically creates all the subfolders for its internal processes. None of them are needed outside of the app and you don't have to worry about them.

Thank you for taking the time to help.
Michael.
Thanks, I have considered that, would that mean changing the drive letter in app data, presently,
> C:\Users\Iammykyl\Aplication Data\Roaming\Cyberlink ? Would the sub folders be created?
Hi.
Using PD16, installed to it's own drive (P)
Using 2 OS installed to their own drives, 8.1 (C), 10 (E)
When booting to 8.1 save path is (C:/)
When booting to 10, (E) drive letter and path becomes (C:/), I understand this behavour.
Is there a way, when booting to 10, to get around the problem of accessing work that was saved while working in 8.1; [error., not found etc] and visa versa?
Thanks.
Quote Try this: Open PD15. Go to the media library and select backgrounds… Right mouse click on one of the background images. And select View properties. A popup window will show the file path of that background image. Take a screenshot of that popup window and post it on your next reply.

If the background images do not appear in the dropdown box in the media room then it is possible that you have an oem or lesser version of PD15. Click the word PowerDirector on the top right of the Edit page to see a popup window showing the version of the PD15 you have. Take a screenshot of this window and post it on your next reply.

Using PD16. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, NOW SORTED SO NO MORE HELP REQUIRED.
Quote Mine is on a different drive and path because I choose it during the initial installation. Finding it should be easy on the pc. A search for backgrounds with file explorer on each drive on the pc should reveal the location of the folder.

Mine also on it's own drive but still could not find the folder. I have though found a tutorial and am now able to add any image to the background folder, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NR9ajzhqvo

Thanks all for your help.
Quote Hello,

It should be here:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\Background

Just put your background photo into the folder that matches your project aspect ratio, i.e. 16_9, 9_16, etc.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for replying, just used windows search, result "windows cannot find that file"
Hi. Using PD16. Is there a way to save my own background image into the ones contained in the background tab? Thanks.

Thank you - solid video with great stuff!

Ultimately, it is an exercise in patience and grabbing great footage.

The Frame by Frame option - did not notice that!

Yes, patience and perserverance.

I set autosave to 2 minutes and only edit clips recorded at 30fps.
A 60s clip @ 30fps = 1800f, if you had to adjust 200f (I managed 1fpm) = 3h20m
You can guess why I gave up trying 50fps.
I found the Sharper Turtle PD tutorials stay on subject and in chunks not too big to absorb.

Good point.
Wish i could spell today, that is ERASE, not ERASSE!

Does this make sense?

Gday Veepo. Let us know if this video answers your question.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp3jBc4h4Oc
Thanks for the heads up Power Director.

the download, for me, was clean. Have modified it and being used on my site.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JOdBc6KivlZ93FslDhEBE-umLbV1I2F3/view?usp=sharing"
Gday.
Is this what you are looking for?
zippyshare.com/d/xyOj5iaM/14406/Subscribe.rar
Gday.
A short video I found useful. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u4VxjfZOaw
Gday.
Please help with understanding the functions of Masks in motion tracker.
I have an 11 second clip of a bird singing.
Used the first mask in motion tracker, going frame by frame.
Playback shows that the beak movement is still not followed
1 If I start a new mask, are the key frames applied in the first mask and the second mask is additional setttings?
2. If the keyfames in the first mask are not saved/applied,? how do I make finer adjustment to the beak movement using the first mask?
3. Do I have to produce the clip in colordirector, or send it back to PD and incorporate it into tthe timeline for produce?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Many thanks.

May take while, maybe take a look at upgrading everything . That will take a while what with brexit and failing pension!

Apologies to the Mods and members for hijacking the thread. But sort of related, if you stretch a point :

Rgds

OK, happen we will wee you again.
In the meantime, have a look at the software I use.
> very good cloning.
Quote Thanks,

so so reading between the lines, the system might boot from the newly cloned Hdd,

if there is boot confusion, disconnect the original old Hdd and find a way to reformat Hdd or wipe the old boot system to use as area as a partition, using a Usb caddie or similar.
rgds

If you clone the old SSD onto a newly installed SSD, then power off, > disconect the power cable to the old SSD, > power on.
As the BIOS only sees the new SSD, should boot streight up.
If this is your intention, please start a new topic and PM me with a link; I can then give you specific help,
The Mods might be getting p off with us.
Quote O/topic I know but.

Can you make a clone disc after a new disc has Been added? I.e New Hdisc may have a new OS on it and the original Hdisk , l guess, becomes a partition, is it possible to clone the original, then use the clone copy back to the new Hdisk.

i hope you understand what I mean ;

rgds

You don't actually produce a physical disk, or save the data as a file you can store and use later.
If you install a new hard drive in a machine and write a new OS to it and then clone (a bit by bit copy) of the original hard drive: the new hard drive is wiped and the old hard drive contents is writen to that new hard drive.
So you end up with two identical hard drives in the same machine,
and a system that probable won't Boot.
Quote Hi,

Thanks to all the above contributors for their help.

I have just got a reply back from the Support Team who have kindly provided me with download links for all the previously purchased software.

I am a happy bunny again!

I hope things go well, but things you should be aware of.
Your original HDD must not have the letter C: other wise when you install software to the refurbished machines drive, the installer may put files on both drives.
You cannot clone a drive taken from one machine to a drive on a different machine, it probable won't work correctly.
You can only successfully clone drives on the same machine.
Go to: