Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
backgrounds
iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. Using PD16. Is there a way to save my own background image into the ones contained in the background tab? Thanks. iammykyl
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

It should be here:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\Background

Just put your background photo into the folder that matches your project aspect ratio, i.e. 16_9, 9_16, etc.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28. 2022 21:32

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

It should be here:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\Background

Just put your background photo into the folder that matches your project aspect ratio, i.e. 16_9, 9_16, etc.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for replying, just used windows search, result "windows cannot find that file" iammykyl
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for replying, just used windows search, result "windows cannot find that file"

Hi,

See attached for the 16_9 folder on my system, as far as I know it's not a "hidden" location so should be available to view/access.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - Background 1.png]
 Filename
Background 1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1038 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 29. 2022 03:15

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Mine is on a different drive and path because I choose it during the initial installation. Finding it should be easy on the pc. A search for backgrounds with file explorer on each drive on the pc should reveal the location of the folder.
iammykyl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Mine is on a different drive and path because I choose it during the initial installation. Finding it should be easy on the pc. A search for backgrounds with file explorer on each drive on the pc should reveal the location of the folder.

Mine also on it's own drive but still could not find the folder. I have though found a tutorial and am now able to add any image to the background folder, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NR9ajzhqvo

Thanks all for your help. iammykyl
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Open PD15. Go to the media library and select backgrounds… Right mouse click on one of the background images. And select View properties. A popup window will show the file path of that background image. Take a screenshot of that popup window and post it on your next reply.

If the background images do not appear in the dropdown box in the media room then it is possible that you have an oem or lesser version of PD15. Click the word PowerDirector on the top right of the Edit page to see a popup window showing the version of the PD15 you have. Take a screenshot of this window and post it on your next reply.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2022 10:07

iammykyl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Open PD15. Go to the media library and select backgrounds… Right mouse click on one of the background images. And select View properties. A popup window will show the file path of that background image. Take a screenshot of that popup window and post it on your next reply.

If the background images do not appear in the dropdown box in the media room then it is possible that you have an oem or lesser version of PD15. Click the word PowerDirector on the top right of the Edit page to see a popup window showing the version of the PD15 you have. Take a screenshot of this window and post it on your next reply.

Using PD16. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, NOW SORTED SO NO MORE HELP REQUIRED. iammykyl