Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Recently purchased an OM Systems OM-5. I just found out that this camera isn't supported. In fact none of the new cameras are.

Does anyone know when CyberLink plans on including these cameras in their software?

I'm really not interested in going to another software, but my license is up for renewal at then end of May. If they aren't going to support my camera I'll have to move on.

I filed a support claim about this and all they're telling me is the camera isn't supported. They either don't care or don't understand what I'm asking. However my question was very clear: Is CyberLink going to include support of the OM-5 and all OM Digital Solutions cameras in future updadates and when will those updates happen?

Thanks for any help.

I had the same issues with my Canon R7. They released 14 without .cr3 support for the R7 but then added suport to the 365 version. I still use 13, but use dxo pure raw and Canon dpp mostly now, sometimes I'll use Version 13 for jpegs. It is dissapointing haveing spent a lot of money on their software and they're so far behind the competition.
UPDATE!!

Contacted support again. I was told they were not going to fix the issue in Photodirector 13. Additionally there is no support in the newest 14 version one time payment version. They have said the files are supported in the 365 subscription Version. I am gradually getting away from this software as the company seems more focused on different priorites and are slow on getting out the updates to support newer cameras or previous software versions that we have paid for.
I inquired to customer support for information if version 13 was going to get an update to support these raw files as they seem to be different than the R5 and R6 raw files. I didn't get a response to that specfic question but did also inquire to as the new version 14 supports them as as of release they do not. So anyone looking for raw editing will unfortunatly have to use a different software package for editing R7 .cr3 raw files till the engineers get on the ball and get them integrated into the new software. Below is their response email
Quote Hello TonyC,

You're right. It doesn't.

The best I can do is to contact the development team to prompt some action on a compatibility fix. Currently, it would be very difficult to accurately edit these CR3s.

PIX

Yeah, mine were orangish and really grainy, so far only been able to use the Canon software as I don't use lightroom. Haven't
tried any other software as of yet, been crazy busy at work.

Do you have the newest version? I was able to edit the CR3 files on my R6. Email support the will ask you for some files to test it if its not working I am sure it will be in a upgrade being it does work with the R6

I did email support, they asked for a few .cr3 files and reported back to me that indeed they were able to
repoduce the issue in the software and was forwarding it to the engineers. Yeah newest version installed.
Not suprised there isn't support yet for these files on this camera. Little disapointed however. All orange with a
look of iso 50000 lol..
Quote Hello TonyC,

Agreed the process of adding LUTs one by one is a bit tiresome & clunky, compared to importing a folder.

optodata's suggestion of adding the LUTs in the file directory quoted is a productive way around that.

Further to that, if you have large numbers of LUTs, organised for different purposes or sources, you can add folders withing the CLUT Manager.

These folders can also be created in the directory: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\LUT\UserCreated, where LUTs can be copied/pasted into the folders.

The result is a more organised/efficient CLUT Manager interface. laughing

PIX

I did as you suggested and made Directores in the Lut folder. Lot easier organazation for sure. Be nice if PhD created the new subfolders in the program when a directory is made, but I at least got them all in there at this point, I will organize them in folders when I can get around to it. Thanks for the insight.

Tony
Quote You can drag and drop all your new LUT files to the following folder:
C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\LUT\Imported

Do that with PhD closed, and when you open it up you should see all the new LUTs under the Imported filter in the CLUT Manager

Awesome, that worked, I must of tried it with PhD open before and it was giving me all kinds of grief. It was a lot of
different .cube files in all kinds of different directories structure on the purchased download. Still took a good amount
of time making the directories to copy them over but not as much as doing them individually haha. Thanks again.
I just purchased a 3rd party LUT pack, couple hundred .cube files. I'm wondering if there is any way to import multiple Lut files into Photo Director 13. Instructions (manual) pretty much tells you to install them one at a time in the CLUT Manager and not finding any more information on the subject.

There is a LUT directory in the c:/Programfiles/cyberlink...blah blah blah... but the only ones in there are the ones installed
from the initial install of Photo Director and after importing some of the new luts I am not seeing them in that particular directory.

Additionally, once the luts are installed you can only drag and drop one at a time to a new folder in the main lut directory. This is very daunting and time consuming. Not to mention adding them one at a time. Anyone have any insight on this at all?

Be nice to be able to drag and drop the .cube files into a directory and just have them show up in the LUT module.

Wonder if this is something Cyberlink can change on a future update. And add an option to select multiple files in the imported area to drag and drop into new folders.
Does anyone know why when trying to stream to youtube why Screen Recorder 4 does not pull the stream url or the stream key from youtube as described on page 19 of the users guide? The only way to stream to youtube it seems is to use a custom setting instead of the actual youtube icon, when using the youtube selection one can't even type in that area to put the youtube streaming url which you have to go into youtube and do a live session to get a url and key. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or is it just me?
Thanks for the input, I did do a dxdiag as stated in the readme I just didnt post the file, it was late.
Howdy,

I was attempting to make a video of all the different FX on my Power Director 17. I loaded a video added some music and then proceeded to start adding FX to the time line. I managed to get A-M loaded on the time line and if crashed about 4 times while attemping to do that. I then started to add the title tracks so I could write the FX type while the video was playing and have it displayed. It seems to be crashing alot since I started to add titles and I can only get a couple new titles on the timeline before it crashes again. Before it crashes and this also was with PD16 Ver the screen like expandes to full screen before it crashes or does it sometime when it is thinking....is this common to other users? Any ways the main issue is the crashing when I am adding titles for THIS project, I don't seem to have issues when just adding a beginning or ending title. I will post a video of what I am seeing and maybe someone might have some thoughts as to the problem or has a fix. Thanks..

Something else I just thought of it seemed to crash more when I was messing with the BorisFX Film Style FX and the BorisFX Stylize.

-Tony

https://youtu.be/-loB8XjzDUA
It is a SHADOW FILE ISSUE. When I click on the Enable Shadow files setting under the General Preferences ,and disable shadow files, the preview plays fine when I use the video collage Designer plugin. If I cancel the project and go back to settings and enable shadow files , reset the shadow file resolution to 1280x720 it will play correctly or if I enable to 1920x1080 it will work fine. Just seems odd the 1920x1080 wont work on initial program startup and I have to fiddle around with these setting to make the program work right. I did update my video driver but it didnt make a difference. Anyhow. Thanks for the help, I think I will send off an email to support and see what they have to say.

If I save the script file .pds I guess it does save the setting so when I close and reopen the program the shadow files box stays off.

-Tony
Quote Hi Tony -

There's some good news and some confusing news...

Thanks for uploading the Note 8 clip & testing the iPhone clip. That tells us something, because...

Your Note 8 clip, which has the same rotation tag as the iPhone clips I've tested: "Rotation : 90°", displays correctly at each stage of the process on my PCs.

In Video Collage Designer -

In titmeline preview -

In production preview -

So - it's not the rotation tags & it's not a universal issue with PDR17. It's something about your particular installation of PDR17 & how it's interacting with your system.

I know - as clear as mud. I don't have a clue what it might be... but at least you're able to produce the video correctly.

Cheers - Tony

I will try a reinstall of PD17, and see if that fixes it. Thanks for taking the time to check this all out.

Tony
Quote Hi camarodood -

I'm not suggesting for a moment that there's no problem with PDR17. I'm just posting what I've observed with the clips I'm using - which are not from a Galaxy Note 8.

i.e. with the clips I've used, I haven't once been able to replicate the issue you're having.

Try the same procedure with this iPhone clip & see what happens at your end.

Upload a short clip from your Note 8 to Google Drive or similar shared file site - and we can check it.

Just trying to isolate the issue so a solution can be sorted out.

Cheers - Tony

Here is a link to a short clip from that note 8.

I did download the iphone clip and used it with 2 other videos to make a collage and it displays the iphone clip sidways as the other portrait clip, the 16:9 clip still displays fine. Still plays right in the produce window, and saved video displays fine as well. Wierd huh.

-tony

Here is a link to thefile info from that program on the note 8 video link.
Quote Good thinking, the King. Unfortunately, even when shadow files are enbled in the example below, everything is hunky dory.

camarodood - I've replicated your procedure here using vertically shot clips from iPhone X, iPhone 7, iPad & DSLR. In each case, the orientation display is correct in VCD preview, timeline preview & produce preview - in a 16:9 project.

In a 9:16 project, the produce preview shows the 9:16 vertical videos sideways.

In the screenshots below, left & right videos are 9:16 & the centre one is 16:9.

Video CDollage preview -

Timeline preview -

Produce preview -

I think the issue may be related to the orientation tags in your Galaxy Note 8 videos. e.g. when I open the 9:16 videos I'm using in Media Info it states "Rotation: 90°" these videos display properly. When you check your Note 8 videos in MediaInfo, does it state the same?

Cheers - Tony

Where is this media info thing? Never had issues with any orientation of videos, They play fine in any media player I play them on. I also followd the same procedure in PD 16 and the orientaion displayed correctly in that Collage video designer throughout all steps of the design, so I don't think it is that. I could try some portrait video from my 80d and see if it still does it with those files. Shadow files are enabled as well on the videos.
I made a video of what I am seeing. Not sure what the issue was at the end, possibly system taxing trying to produce and run screen recorder 3 at the same time, most boring 11 minutes of your life lol. Here is the link.

https://youtu.be/3cFIIOJmiCY

This is a shorter video (4min) showing the issue, I did enable preview during producing on this one which shows the video renduring fine, as well as the preview on the production screen before pressing the produce sign. Videos were taken with a Note 8. Sorry for the repititivness and thanks for your patience. In the end the video came out fine, but version 16 has no issues doing the same thing.

https://youtu.be/UEt27ORtRRk

Tony - was your preview during production sideways once you enabled it? I'm making a quick vid that shows what my workspace looks like. Also, I only used 9:16 images, but when I had a single 16:9 in there that didn't change the previewing while producing issue.

I never enabled the preview during production.
Was just following a tutorial on youtube by Sharper Turtle on PD 17 Collage designer, following along. I loaded a 3 window collage design and used 2 portrait videos and 1 16:9. In the playback mode the portrait videos played sideways and the 16:9 played just fine. After hitting ok and the collage video posting to the time line in the edit mode the 2 portrait videos also played sideways during preview. Once you get to the produce screen the preview there plays fine, no sideways portrait videos and the Produced video file also plays like it should. I am wondering if this is an issue( BUG) with using portrait videos in the Collage Designer. Anyone else having this issue. Program seemed kind of laggy as well with just 3 videos 1080x720 with a I7 7500U with 8 gigs of ddr4 ram...sigh..
Go to: