Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OM Digital Systems
Richard L [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2020 12:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Recently purchased an OM Systems OM-5. I just found out that this camera isn't supported. In fact none of the new cameras are.

Does anyone know when CyberLink plans on including these cameras in their software?

I'm really not interested in going to another software, but my license is up for renewal at then end of May. If they aren't going to support my camera I'll have to move on.

I filed a support claim about this and all they're telling me is the camera isn't supported. They either don't care or don't understand what I'm asking. However my question was very clear: Is CyberLink going to include support of the OM-5 and all OM Digital Solutions cameras in future updadates and when will those updates happen?

Thanks for any help.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Richard L -

You're right. PhD14/365 doesn't display .ORF files from OM-5 properly. In fact, it can't display them at all... not even a thumbnail.

I'm unable to answer your question about support in future updates, but it's worth asking the question directly to CL Tech Support

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Recently purchased an OM Systems OM-5. I just found out that this camera isn't supported. In fact none of the new cameras are.

Does anyone know when CyberLink plans on including these cameras in their software?

I'm really not interested in going to another software, but my license is up for renewal at then end of May. If they aren't going to support my camera I'll have to move on.

I filed a support claim about this and all they're telling me is the camera isn't supported. They either don't care or don't understand what I'm asking. However my question was very clear: Is CyberLink going to include support of the OM-5 and all OM Digital Solutions cameras in future updadates and when will those updates happen?

Thanks for any help.

I had the same issues with my Canon R7. They released 14 without .cr3 support for the R7 but then added suport to the 365 version. I still use 13, but use dxo pure raw and Canon dpp mostly now, sometimes I'll use Version 13 for jpegs. It is dissapointing haveing spent a lot of money on their software and they're so far behind the competition.