Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yaaaayyy! You're a genius. Worked like a charm. Thanks ever so much!

~Ginger
Hi all,
My friend gave me a video she took to include in the one I'm making and she turned her camera sideways and it is portrait orientation instead of landscape. So, is there anyway to change it back or is it doomed to be sideways forever?

Thanks,
~Ginger
Hi All,
I put this project together with color boards, titles, Pips, music, a slide show montage and DV files. Project went together fine. I couldn't get a menu to work on it and I see that others are having problems with it, also, so I skipped the menu on this project. When I go to burn the disk, it stops about 20% of the way through and gives me the "Burn Failed, Error Code eb130581" message. This happened twice and then it burned a disk successfully. However, while I could play the disk in a commercial DVD player, it wouldn't let me make copies of the disk saying that it was a blank DVD when I put it in the drive.

In addition to this, it locked up my DVD drive and it wouldn't open or read any disks until I re-booted. I thought perhaps it was my DVD drive as there were the other problems I mentioned in the previous paragraph. So, I purchased an external DVD burner (my house computer didn't have one so I figured I could use it for both) and it had the same problem with the failed burning. However, it didn't lock up afterwards.

I outputted the file to a folder as an MPEG2 file and burned it through Nero's software and it seems to be fine. But, this takes more time, resources and disk space to do it this way so I'd prefer to do it in PD.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
~Ginger
Hi,

I recently bit the bullet and bought PowerDirector 6 for my jvc camera. I was using the express version before and was also using PowerProducer. I like the software and think I'm getting some good use out of it although it's been quite a learning curve. Even so, I have a couple questions I can't figure out:

#1 Sound - I like to put in my own music. I want to fade it in and out at the beginning and ending of my slide show before it goes into the video clip. At first, I couldn't get it to do anything with the audio mixer and then I realized I had it in the voice section. In the music section, the audio mixer has some capabilities, but I can't fade in or out just at the beginning and end. It does the entire clip as a fade in or out. If I use the mouse, I can click on the sound line and it turns into a red dot. I then have to try to click around it to make a gray/black dot. I have to be careful or I drag the whole line down. Then I drag the gray/black dot down to the corner for the fade out. This is cumbersome and I'm not sure I'm doing it the right way, but it's the only way I've got to work. It's hard to see the dots and sometimes I get more than one and then I get the sound going up and down and I can't figure out how to fix it so I just delete it and start over. Is there any easier way?

#2 Menu Music - When I first started doing this, I could pick a song to play during the top menu screen and I could cut it and edit it or have it play the whole thing. Now, it only picks the first part of the music for a few seconds and then repeats. I can't figure out how to change it to play longer or the whole song. Was I doing this in PowerProducer and it doesn't do it in PowerDirector?

#3 Editing a Song - I would like to use a sound clip from the middle of a song (i.e. a chorus) and it only lets me trim it from the beginning. Is there a way to cut out the middle and use it?

#4 Magic Movie - When I tried the Magic Movie feature, it gave me some background pictures and effects that I don't see anywhere else. Are these accessible some other place or just in Magic Movie mode?

#5 Aspect Ratio - My husband wants all our movies in the 16:9 aspect ratio. The first couple I did were in 4:3 because that's what it defaulted to and I didn't know any better. When I tried to convert them to 16:9, I lost everything in my storyboard although my pictures and videos were still in my library. I couldn't figure out how to get it back so I rebuilt it. Is there a way to convert without rebuilding and is there a way to get the software to default to the 16:9 so I don't accidentally build in 4:3?

Thanks so much for your time and help. This is definitely fun even though it's work. I've checked out your website and it's been very informative.

I look forward to learning from your expertise

~Ginger
Thank you very much! What you said made perfect sense. I do have a JVC HD camera and couldn't figure out why it would work initially and then not with the "upgraded" software. I did contact customer service and they agreed with your "diagnosis." They have issued me a refund for the suite and I've purchased PowerDirector 6 and am downloading it now.

Thanks so much for your help.
~Ginger
Hi all,

Okay, so I got a HD camera for my birthday and it came with cyberlink software. I learned after looking around at different ones that it's very proprietary on it's software. So, I used the version it came with which was okay, but I had to reload my computer so I decided to purchase the DVD suite. I downloaded the trial version and tested it out. Everything seemed okay for my test one, but my next one was too large for the trial version so I purchased Cyberlink DVDSuite 5 Pro. It has PowerDirector Express 5.0.

First of all, all the stuff on the website acted like these were all full versions and I keep getting popups to upgrade because I can't use that feature which is thoroughly annoying. But, my main problem is that I took my large file (ended up being 9gb in AVI format) and split it down into 3 files. 2 are still too large so I cooked them in MPEG-2 format. When I burned them in PowerProducer and checked them, I noticed that my video has no sound. I went back into PowerDirector and tested my file and I have no sound there either.

If I go to the video folder and double-click on the video, it opens in Windows Media Player and I have sound just fine. Any suggestions? I've checked the settings to make sure the volume is up and not muted.

Thanks,
~Ginger
Go to: