CyberLink Community Forum
Portrait Video - Change to Landscape?  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Ginger

Hi all,
My friend gave me a video she took to include in the one I'm making and she turned her camera sideways and it is portrait orientation instead of landscape. So, is there anyway to change it back or is it doomed to be sideways forever?

Thanks,
~Ginger
Barry

Place the video into PIP timeline.
Click "modify"
Now you can re-align/orient the video as you wish.

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
[Email]
Ginger

Yaaaayyy! You're a genius. Worked like a charm. Thanks ever so much!

~Ginger
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

I wanted to answer this one....

That's the sort of camera work I fancy doing....

Ginger, you're going to have to show us what and why the angle was taken..... you have whetted our apitite for information?

Who else was wanting to answer this posting?

Dafydd

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.
RobertJ/OZ

Senior Contributor

Whats was Barry doing on the forum anyway, it was Independence day, didn't he have any parties to go to?

You need to increase your circle of friends Barry, then you may get an invite next year

Seeing as you like coconuts, come to Australia in January and celebrate Australia day with us, the coconuts are ripe and in plentiful supply at that time of year, the beaches are full of them.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/2008 20:09:25

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 12.8 Win7 64 bit
Intel T7400 4GB Ram Nvidia GeForceGo Win7 32 bit

PDtoots
Barry

Hmmm,
suddenly I see the resemblance of Roberts avatar to the doofus on the welcome screen!

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
[Email]
RobertJ/OZ

Senior Contributor

Well'

Upfront and personal, now, Barry I know where you live, I have your address, my sons are on their way with express instructions to crush your red faced lobster into tiny pieces.

What's wrong with coconuts for your avatar anyway, much better than a smelly old crab

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/07/2008 22:59:17

PDtoots
Barry

Not to worry,
as soon as the lads arrive to crush my stinky crabs, I shall offer melted butter to win them over. Then we all shall drink late into the night, singing the praises of Australian and American coconuts!

[Email]
RobertJ/OZ

Senior Contributor

In that case, I will stop my boys and come myself, why should I miss out on a binge night, maybe Dafydd will come too.

Get that crab on the barbie

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/2008 04:46:53

PDtoots
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

I'll bring some Cider .... when I get around to making some from the apples in my orchard.

I'll pipe it across the pond (shortest route) and whack a great tap on the end ... we'll be alright for refreshments then!

Not sure it'll go with buttered crab or lobster.... not sure we'll care.

Dafydd

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.

Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to: