Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Build 1714, Unable to burn the DVD. Error Code eb130581
Ginger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2007 15:58 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,
I put this project together with color boards, titles, Pips, music, a slide show montage and DV files. Project went together fine. I couldn't get a menu to work on it and I see that others are having problems with it, also, so I skipped the menu on this project. When I go to burn the disk, it stops about 20% of the way through and gives me the "Burn Failed, Error Code eb130581" message. This happened twice and then it burned a disk successfully. However, while I could play the disk in a commercial DVD player, it wouldn't let me make copies of the disk saying that it was a blank DVD when I put it in the drive.

In addition to this, it locked up my DVD drive and it wouldn't open or read any disks until I re-booted. I thought perhaps it was my DVD drive as there were the other problems I mentioned in the previous paragraph. So, I purchased an external DVD burner (my house computer didn't have one so I figured I could use it for both) and it had the same problem with the failed burning. However, it didn't lock up afterwards.

I outputted the file to a folder as an MPEG2 file and burned it through Nero's software and it seems to be fine. But, this takes more time, resources and disk space to do it this way so I'd prefer to do it in PD.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
~Ginger
Hall47
Member Location: Manchester UK Joined: Dec 14, 2006 05:32 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the club!! I'm having the same issues, and even attempting to burn a simple captured video fails at about the 20% mark. I've put a query in to technical and as you might expect I have received the "uninstall" retort and the advice to turn everything else in the computer off, with the suggestion that the problem is not with the software but with my burning software!!

I was a beta tester for this software, which I rate very highly and did not have these issues when using the beta version, and find the formula responses to technical queries to be very frustrating. I do hope that the bugs are kicked out of this product very quickly as I would be reluctant to revert to PD6 or alternative products just to be able to generate an end product. Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!
Hall47
[Post New]
Might have hit the solution - I have just done a "system restore" back to June 1st 2008, and have just successfully burnt a project that was previously failing - I could be wrong, but it looks very like a Windows XP update that is causing the problem for me - are you using XP or are you on Vista? Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Julian, I've sent you an email.

Dafydd
Hall47
[Post New]
I've responded to your email, but for the benefit of other forum readers:

I wasn't too sure when I first had a failure, so I took the "buckshot" approach and rolled back to June 1st, knowing that first work after installing had been OK, and having accepted all of the "security" updates and defended definitions etc for XP. As I think I might have said, I've just built another computer, which I hadn't intending using for this work, but as a a trial I had installed PD7 on that one, and been having the same results, but as a newish installation, I couldn't roll back, so I installed SP3, and that also seems to have resolved the issues with burning.

I hope that this helps, and it may be a case that the answer could be to
advise installing SP3 (which is really only a consolidation of SP2 &
updates).

I'm going to try putting SP3 on my working computer,after I've created a
rollback point, and seeing if everything is OK still. I'll update you when I
have done that.
Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!
Hall47
[Post New]
I think that I have identified the update causing the problems. It appears to be a "Security update for Windows XP" dated June 6th 2008. I have done multiple install and uninstalls with various windows updates in play, and only when that one is removed does PD7 continue through to completion with a burn to disc. If you are still experiencing failures, it might be worth uninstalling PD7 and removing that update before reinstalling PD7 - Good luck! Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!
Phil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2008 10:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same error code. I purchased a DVD EZMaker USB Gold on June 5, 2008 that came with PD5. I was successful in burning a DVD shortly there after captured from VHS. I then tried a project using input from a HDV/Dolby camcorder and was told, via a pop up, that I needed to upgrade to PD7 for Dolby support.

I first download the trial version of PD7 Ultima on June 19th and when tried burning a DVD I got the eb130581 error code after about 20%.

On June 12 a Media update (KB950126) was applied to my Vista Home Edition, SP1. I am wondering if this, or some other update, could have the same affect the Hall mentioned with his XP updates?

I just purchased the download version of PD7 Ultra and installed it yesterday. When I tried to burn a DVD last night it made it through "Creating motion menus" and at about 80% during "Producing titles" it aborted with the eb130581 error.

Phil
Hall47
[Post New]
After listening to advice from RobertJ and Dafydd I have arrived at the conclusion that using PD7 as an editing medium is fine but burning the end result using Power2Go makes a lot of sense - after all PD7 IS editing software & P2G is burning software. Pity in some ways, but at least it does produce an end product. Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've asked around for a bit more information on the eb130581 error.

Please read the info:
The eb130581 error code is a WRITE command failure when writing VOB files.
It's possibly a hardware compatibility issue.
Try changing to a better disc brand to retry (eg. Mitsubishi).
If the error still occurs, the PC operator needs to retain the command log to report to the drive vendor.

I hope the information helps.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Julian,

Have you had the
1. eb130581 when writing a DVD directly from PD7
2. when writing a DVD to a folder and then using P2Go?

Utilising the same brand of disc in both cases.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2008 05:12

LarrySH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2008 18:11 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I find it extremely hard to believe that my burners or media are at fault here. Both of my burners and Verbatim media produce perfect disks with all of the other authoring programs I have installed here, including Vegas, Pinnacle, Ulead, Nero, and ArcSoft. Only PowerDirector 7 Ultra craps out with errors, something the trial did not do.

Cyberlink has to fix this......... and rolling back to earlier versions of Windows is a crappy solution, since no other authoring/burning programs have any issues whatsoever.

Larry
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
All the above comments have been noted and passed onto CyberLink.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Dafydd
LarrySH [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks very much!

LarrySH [Avatar]
[Post New]
I requested, received, downloaded, installed, and ran the very latest rev of PD7, version 1829 (newer than 1819 previously mentioned) and it fails in exactly the same manner as the prior build 1714 I originally used. 3 hours of wasted time with removing, downloading, installing, and testing, with exactly the same outcome..... another coaster.

I wanted to report this for the benefit of others trying to solve this same problem.

Larry
LarrySH [Avatar]
[Post New]
One more thought.....

Many programs maintain a "Burn Log" someplace, and perhaps Cyberlink PD7 does as well. If so, this should be a very useful starting point for debugging this problem,

Is there such a log? If so, can I send it to Cyberlink for their analysis? It could save a lot of time, particularly if they (Cyberlink) have difficulty reproducing this problem which most of us here are having.

Larry
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Larry, I've sent you a PM - please include all the info as part of the reply - thanks.

Dafydd
LarrySH [Avatar]
[Post New]
My burning problem was ultimately resolved with replacement dll files for the burning manager. The temporary workaround was to burn the output folder using Nero, and now the updated files eliminate this extra step.

I can only assume that an updated PD7 or patch will be released incorporating this and other fixes.

Larry

Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I would love to get access to those dlls to see if they fix my problem with build 1829.

I have yet to get through a complete burn process (either to HDD or DVD) when using the stock menus.

I've only been successful when burning 'without a menu'.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2008 16:13

Regards,

Mark H.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Mark,

The problem resolved with Larry using the replacement dll files may not work for you.

I supplied Larry and one other forum member with the dll's and have had differing results (back today). Both are part of this ongoing discussion.

All results go back to RD at CyberLink.

Contact me - PM me your contact details and see if you can help resolve this error issue with a couple of "simple" tests.

Dafydd
Steeldrum [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dallas Joined: Jul 24, 2008 22:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, new member here who just found this thread through a google search because I just starting having the same eb103581 error code. What's strange is we've been burning DVDs all week (converting old VHS tapes to DVD) and the problem just started today.

I appreciate the information here and if the DLL solution is an option I'm willing to try.