Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,

I am currently in the process of creating a slideshow of my daughters wedding. I have added a soundtrack of various songs (ripped from CD). When playing the assembled slideshow from within PowerDirector, there is no problem with the sound quality. I have produced the slideshow to both MP4 and H264 formats and played both of these on my PC and the sound is OK. The problem occurs when I burn a DVD. I always burn to a file and then use BurnAware to create the disc. When playing the DVD on my DVD player, the sound is absolutely awful. It sounds distorted and very muffled. This only seems to occur on one of the sound tracks - Marry You by Bruno Mars (MP3 format), the others sound fine... When I play the original MP3 of the Bruno Mars track on the PC that sounds OK too.

Has anyone got any suggestions to correct this sound problem?

Regards,

Alan
Hi Carl312,

Thank-you for your reply! I have had a quick look at the PDToots stufff (I subscribed to these ages ago!) and they do look interesting. I also had a look on the Director Zone but I couldn't find any specific slide show stuff... perhaps I am not looking in the right place?

Regards,

Alan
Hi Carl312,

Thank-you for your reply! No, I haven't had a look at the slide show templates but I will when I get home! Are there any that spring to mind that may help or be a starting point as to what I want to achieve?

Regards,

Alan
Hi playsound,

Thank you for your reply. I do not want to buy additional software for this as it will be a one-off project... I was hoping that someone had done something similar to what I want to achieve and point me in the right direction.... My initial thoughts were to use the pip editor to do each still photo and then somehow combine all of the parts together ...

Regards

Alan
Hi,

I would like to know the best way of producing a "cascade" of still photos (preferably on a black background) that fall (and optionally turn and spin or twist) from top to bottom in a sort of "falling leaf" type of way... I am producing a video of my daughters wedding that combines both still and video and would like to start the video in this way...

Any help will be appreciated!

Regards,

Alan
Hi,

I have just purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (Win8.1 x64/i5/4Gb/128Gb SSD) and downloaded the PowerDirector Mobile for Win 8.1. When I launch it, all that seems to happen is that I get the start-up screen and er.. nothing else!

I also cannot find any user guide for this application on the site...

If anyone can help me it would be great!

Regards,

Alan
I am trying to download the latest patch for PD12 and to say the download speed is abysmal would be making it out to be fast... Have Cyberlink replaced all of their modems with 4800k dial-up modems? The downloader keeps crashing/restarting and er.. its just totally and utterly useless...

GET IT FIXED NOW!!!!!

P.S. I am on 60mb fibre broadband and everything else is working at its normal fast speed....
Seven votes
Hi,

When I try to produce a video using MPEG-2 at DVD HQ 720 x 576/50i (8Mbs) with Fast Video Rendering Technology - Intel Quick Sync Video enabled it takes absolutely ages to produce... when I disable this, it produces very quickly, The video clip I am using is only 21 seconds long!

Will there any be any difference in the quality of the produced output?

I have attached a DxDiag file. I am using PD12 Ultimate with the latest patch.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Alan
Hi Dafydd,

Yes, I noticed that and I am on release 326.xx (can't remember the exact version as I am at work!) and I haven't updated it. I am always careful with regards to updating video drivers, having been caught out by an upgrade once that trashed my system

I will stick to the one that I have until something that works is released!

Regards,

Alan
Hi Dafydd,

I have applied the fix and I can confirm it works!

Thank-you!

Regards,

Alan
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies! I will have a go tomorrow and post back on how I get on. James1-thank-you for the hand image!

Regards,

Alan
Hi James1,

Sorry for not posting a reply! Its really, really good! I was looking for something like this!

Regards,

Alan
Hi!

I have imported the "pointing finger" from here - [/url]http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30451.page[url] and have incorporated it into a very short video. I then modified it using the PiP designer and added movement to it. I was wondering if there is any way of "speeding-up" the movement of the object.

Regards,

Alan

Oh - using PD12 Ultimate!
Hi,

I have no problems regarding heat... I suppose it depends on how well they are built in the first place... I do geta bit of fan noise when producing but nothing too noisy...As to upgrades, I never upgrade anyway, I always prefer to buy a new system... Having said that, I might upgrade the ram to 16GB on my system...

Regards,

Alan
Hi,

I am using an all in one - a Dell XPS One 2710. It has a Core i7 processor (3770S) 8 GB Ram (can go to 16) 2TB hard disk (with a 32GB SSD) and a NVidia 640M 2GB graphics card. I have no problems with PD12 (Ultimate).

Regards,

Alan
Hi!

Will this work in PD12?

Regards,

Alan
Hi borgus1,

Is there any fix as it gets annoying!
Hi,

I have noticed that, every so often, the whole of the user interface of PD12 (Ultimate) goes missing! In that it just turns black and the menu items etc just disappear. If you run the mouse over where they should be they then reappear...

To me, this appears to be a memory management issue... I'm at work at the moment so cant post a DXDiag but will when I get home...

My PC is a Dell XPS 2710, i7 processor, 8mb RAM and a GT640M graphics card running 64bit Win8 So, in theory should have enough grunt!

Anyone else come across this issue?

Regards,

Alan
Hi Pix,

Thanks for the reply. I will post a shortish extract from the transferred Standard 8 cine film over the weekend.

Regards,

Alan
Hi,

I have ColorDirector 2 and PD12 Ultimate and I have have some (very!) old Standard 8 cine file transferred to DVD (which I have copied to my PC. I was wondering, if there is a (simpleish!) way of "cleaning" it up and perhaps, sorting the colour out.

Regards,

Alan
Go to: