Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Download speeds for patches....
nalab1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 10, 2013 13:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to download the latest patch for PD12 and to say the download speed is abysmal would be making it out to be fast... Have Cyberlink replaced all of their modems with 4800k dial-up modems? The downloader keeps crashing/restarting and er.. its just totally and utterly useless...

GET IT FIXED NOW!!!!!

P.S. I am on 60mb fibre broadband and everything else is working at its normal fast speed.... Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB DDR5
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
PowerDirector 15 ultimate
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
This is not Cyberlink support.
We are volunteers. We do not work for Cyberlink

It is a pretty well known fact that Cyberlink's download speed is slow, there are times it is slower that normal.
It does not matter how fast your connection speed is, if the server does not serve that fast.

I suspect that Cyberlink limits the speed.

Cyberlink has added the use of download managers for some of their downloads, which run at a good speed. I have a 10 Mbps connection, and I get that full speed on some downloads from Cyberlink.

Then the downloads on the forum is very slow.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Have Cyberlink replaced all of their modems with 4800k dial-up modems?

Tested the latest PD12 patch. It averaged 745KB/sec. and took 5:45 to download.
West coast USA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2013 16:39

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
We did this a couple of days ago.
"Slow" isn't exactly the word, maybe "idle" can cover it?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31320.page
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com