Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 interface throwing a wobbler...
nalab1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 10, 2013 13:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have noticed that, every so often, the whole of the user interface of PD12 (Ultimate) goes missing! In that it just turns black and the menu items etc just disappear. If you run the mouse over where they should be they then reappear...

To me, this appears to be a memory management issue... I'm at work at the moment so cant post a DXDiag but will when I get home...

My PC is a Dell XPS 2710, i7 processor, 8mb RAM and a GT640M graphics card running 64bit Win8 So, in theory should have enough grunt!

Anyone else come across this issue?

Regards,

Alan Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB DDR5
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
PowerDirector 15 ultimate
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Every so often, the whole of the user interface of PD12 (Ultimate) goes missing! In that it just turns black and the menu items etc just disappear. If you run the mouse over where they should be they then reappear...

Seen here occasionally with PD11 and reported by others who use that version. Apparently the oddity carried over to PD12.
nalab1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 10, 2013 13:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Hi borgus1,

Is there any fix as it gets annoying! Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB DDR5
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
PowerDirector 15 ultimate
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi borgus1,

Is there any fix as it gets annoying!

It happens to all of us at one time or another.

If you close Powerdirector and re-open the interface should re-load.

If you click on another Room, then back to the first room will usually bring the user interface to full bloom.

Another trick is to wave your mouse pointer over all parts of the PD interface, most will pop in as your mouse pointer passes over them.

The Video Card driver may have an effect, nobody knows for sure.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.