Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cine (Standard 8) cleaning?
nalab1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 10, 2013 13:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have ColorDirector 2 and PD12 Ultimate and I have have some (very!) old Standard 8 cine file transferred to DVD (which I have copied to my PC. I was wondering, if there is a (simpleish!) way of "cleaning" it up and perhaps, sorting the colour out.

Any help will be appreciated!

Regards,

Alan Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB DDR5
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
PowerDirector 15 ultimate
[Post New]
Hello Alan,

Welcome to the CDR forum.

There's no "one-size-fits-all" formula for improving the look of standard 8 video. It very much depends on the quality of recording. ColorDirector could certainly help with improving colour, white balance, clarity etc

CDR is colour grading software. For stabilisation and other issues, PowerDirector is the better tool.

Perhaps if you could post (as an attachment) a short sample of one of the VOB files (perhaps they're in a different format) and members could suggest particular edits that would help.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
nalab1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 10, 2013 13:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pix,

Thanks for the reply. I will post a shortish extract from the transferred Standard 8 cine film over the weekend.

Regards,

Alan Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB DDR5
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
PowerDirector 15 ultimate