Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tejasmed,

Thanks for the reply.

I got this response on my last "ticket":

This is to inform you that I have escalated your concern with details to our Product & Development team for further analysis.

Does "Dual Video" work for anyone?

Anyone?

Thanks

I get the message "YouCam could not start the dual video"
when I try to select the 2nd webcam.

Win 7 Home premium
Logitech 900 and 500
YouCam5 Trial

CyberLink's first response to my ticket was "Check to make sure your web-cams are working and not already in use."
Good advice but a bit too basic to help.

I've also tried it on my XP PC and get the same error when trying to invoke "dual Video".

VerySoft WebCam Splitter Pro works with two web-cams simultaneously with Skype, Adobe Connect, etc., so I'm confident that my web-cams are OK.

I tried HeavyMath Cam 3D today. It is anaglyph stereo photo software that uses two web-cams simultaneously. You can select different web-cams from within the software.

Cam 3D works fine with my Logitech cams and produces interesting anaglyph stereo videos. See attachments.

So my two cams are working OK.

My customer support inquiries are still open.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks

Dual video does mean 2 cams at the same time. But some of us can't get that to work. I can select either cam L9000 or L500 from settings but the "dual" function produces an error message like "Can't start dual video."

I hope CyberLink monitors the forum.

I sent a "trouble ticket".

I tried HeavyMath Cam 3D today. It is anaglyph stereo photo software that uses two web-cams simultaneously. You can select different web-cams from within the software.

It works fine with my Logitech cams and produces interesting anaglyph stereo videos.

So using two cams is possible.

Please help us CyberLink.

I just downloaded the YouCam trial because I need the dual webcam feature. I can select either webcam (9000 or 500) with the settings function but when I try to use the dual cam function I get the message "YouCam could not start the dual video".

Cyberlink promptly responded with the usual "make sure the web cams are working...installed...not used by Skype, etc."

It almost works. I just plugged each Logitech cam into a USB port and they work fine...One at a time. Skype can see the Cyberlink camera splitter in "options" and will use it as a webcam.

I'll post any response that I get from Cyberlink. Everything else in YouCam seems to work fine.
Go to: