Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Update ...

The problem was related to the portion of a movies that were rendered by Corel Video Studio X4. It looks like files rendered by Corel although in AVCHD format are somehow not compatible with PD10 disc creation.
Sony HDR-CX500V (NTSC 1920x1080/60i 5.1)
I am trying to create AVCHD using Create Disc module in PD10, but after reaching 21% progress gets stuck forever. The counter is counting but there is not activity. Even my hard drive is quiet.
Here are more details.

Template: Holiday Pack 3 template # 15
Used movie clips ( both already rendered )
1st 4.5 min long AVCHD 1920x1080 60i
2nd 15 min long AVCHD 1920x1080 60i

disc creation settings
AVCHD
1920x1080/60i
Dolby Digital 5.1

I have tried different templates but get the same result.
I have plenty of HD space 400G. Interestingly the same combination of template and clips works fine when I select plain DVD. Also when I choose very short clips let say 20 sec each, the process for AVCHD disc creation will hesitate for a moment at 21% but then continue to the end OK.

Any idea as why this is happening?

Peter
Providing you have a ready movie (which is not part of any project) in appropriate format that you want to burn on AVCHD or Blu-ray disc. Do you know if using Create Disc module in PD 10 will cause the movie to be rendered again to selected format or the program will it use some sort of SVRT and record it "as is"?
Thank you all for the information.

I was smart enough to save entire PD9 directory before I have uninstalled PD9 from my PC. However placing it under C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Templates\Menus did not work for me.

I decided to just install it and this went smooth without any complains that PD9 is not present. Now PD10 recognize the pack.

Peter
Hi PatC

iSVRT does not work for me either. I use Sony HDR-CX500V (NTSC 60i) and I get glitches even when joining two clips together. I have tried to address the issue with my post at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20483.page

Peter
iSVRT does not work for me either. I use Sony HDR-CX500V (NTSC 60i) and I get glitches even when joining two clips together. If you would like to see more details related to my problem please see http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20483.page

Regards,
Peter
Forgot to mention....

I installed PD10 on "clean" PC, so there is no trace of PD9 there.
I have a CyberLink_HolidayPackV3_1012_MTP101020-01 that came with purchase of PD9. Can I install it in PD 10 and if so, what is the best/safest way to do it?
What is the best way to upscale the standard DVD content to full HD in PD10 ?
I am interested in good quality upscale conversion, but at the same time do NOT want to enhance color, contrast, lighting etc. Can this be done in PD10 or is there a better alternative?
Hi Playsound,

Now I am a bit confused....

My original clip 00011.MTS (i.e. I am refering to source clip only without any transitions cuts etc.) has significantly lower volume in left channel. So your capture for the same file should look the same. Yours however, shows almost equal volume for L and R channel, which is what I get AFTER rendering but not before.

Just to remove confusion, could you kindly repeat the test and follow outlined sequence step by step. This will produce two screen captures. One before rendering and one after. if you could post both that would be great.

Thank you,
Peter

p.s. There is no need to unlink audio from video. Is should work as outlined in the test.
Hi Playsound,

Although your test is different from what I asked for, it provides me with some informaiton. From what I can see both rendered by you clips (SVRT3, and On preview) have the same audio problem that I am experiencing. This confirms one more time that it is not PC depended but it is either:

1. Bug in PD10 itself or
2. My camcorder is producing some odd format that is not compatible with PD10

To eliminate the second possibility, I would like to ask other members who are using camcorders recording in NTSC using AVC 1920x1080 60i with 5.1 surround sound, if they could do the following:

1. Place original unmodified clip from your camcorder in the time line
2. Select the clip and click Edit Audio. (this should open Wave Editor and load the clip audio into it)
3. Screen capture the waveform image and save it as "original.jpg" (this would be original audio waveform image)
4. Close Wave Editor and select "No" to the changes
5. Select Produce Tab
6. Select H.264 AVC
6. Render the clip to AVCHD 1920x1080 60i selecting Dolby Digital 5.1 and x.v. color and Enable preview during production
7. Place rendered clip into the time line, select it and click on Edit Audio
8. Screen capture the waveform and save it as "rendered.jpg" (this would be rendered audio waveform graph)
9. Post both pictures in the replay and let us know what make and model of camcorder you used for this test.

Regards,
Peter

Hi Playsound,

You are right that PD 10 only displays two channels. Never the less could you please provide the screen capture of audio graph of original clip and then after rendering ( i.e. the same as I did). If you could do this for my clip 00011.MTS and also for any clips from your camcorder that would be great. I just want to see if there is a possibility that the issue I am seeing is camcorder model dependent. I am assuming you have other camcorder than mine which is HDR-CX500V. (NTSC)

Peter
I have tried your setting, as well as experiment with surround 5.1 and x.v color enable. Video joints are much better than with iSVRT, but overall quality is worse. Also I am “losing” my original 5.1 surround sound this way.

To illustrate my point please do the following.
1. Place entire untrimmed clip 00011.MTS in the time line.
2. Render it with any 1920x1080 60i profiles
3. Compare original audio to the rendered one.

You can compare the audio just by playing each clip or visually by opening their audio portion in wave editor.

Here is what I get with above test.
Hi there,

The audio rendering problem you are referring to may not be limited to 50/60p format only. I have Sony camcorder recording in AVC 1920x1080 60i format, and see the same issue. Please see my post at: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20483.page

Regards,
Peter
Playsound,

Posted clip was recorded in MPEG4, so I am not sure why you got Sony MPEG2 file error. Anyway thanks for workaround suggestion, however rendered audio does not sound the same as original 5.1 recording.

Has anyone else who uses NTSC system had a chance to run the test from posted clip?

Peter
Thank you for your valuable feedback. At least I know that my problem is not my PC or install related but it is rather PD10 compatibility issue with Sony AVCHD camcorder format.

I am a bit surprised that although you can reproduce the video glitches you do not seem to be noticing the audio change. If you compare the produced movie with original clip, you will likely hear that lady voice in original clip comes mainly from the right speaker. In produced video however in rendered portion (which typically is around 1 sec before and 1 sec after the join) her voice is coming equally loud from both L and R channels. This can be noticed even with Stereo (i.e. 2 speakers) setup.

The other way to notice this audio difference is to open original clip and then produced clip in WaveEditor. When you compare them both you will likely see what the SVRT did to the audio volumes for L and R.

I am just wondering if anyone else who natively uses NTSC system, can also conduct the test and report the results.

Regards,
Peter
Could someone please carry out the following test to confirm that problem I am having is not PC or installation of PD 10 dependent.

1. Open new project in PD 10
2. Import clip 00011.MTS to the project library
3. Place the clip 00011.MTS on the time line.
4. Using Multi Trim select the following sections from the clip
a) 0:00 – 7:00 sec
b) 9:00 – 12:00 sec
c) 15:00 – 20:17 sec
5. Select Produce Tab
6. Select Intelligent SVRT
7. Click on displayed profile( AVCHD 1920x1080/60i) and click Apply
8. Select Dolby Digital 5.1
9. Select x.v Color
10. Click Start.

One file is rendered, playit in the Windows Media player or even better on your TV with 5.1 surround sound if you have one. Then report if you see the followings:

1. Noticable sound changes (from surround to mono like) at trim points.
2. Noticable jerkines in video at trim points.

Regards,
Peter

p.s.
You can use the attached project file that has the trimming done already.
Hi Dafydd,

Both described problems (i.e. change in 5.1 audio and video disruption) does not seems to be clip specific. The same problems occur with other clips as well, which quite frankly makes PD10 useless for me. This is really said because I like this program.

I have installed patch 1129b when it became available. Unfortunately it did not fix those issues.

Also just to eliminate any possible playback incompatibility on my PC ( i.e. drivers, codecs, system resources etc.) I have copied Produce.m2ts file to pen drive and played it back directly on 2 different Sony TVs (one at home and one in a store). Both TVs showed noticeable audio changes and jumps in video. Actually the video jumps were much more visible (i.e. worse) on TVs than on PC. If you have a chance to play “Produce.m2ts” file on any recent Sony Blu-ray player or Bravia TV with USB, you will likely see what problem I am facing.

Please find attached the media information for all 3 clips that were used to make Produce.m2ts
Hi James,

If you advance frame by frame around cut point, you will notice that gondola seems to be going backwards for a frame or two. Definitely there is some wired rendering there which changes its size and appearance. Please step though all frames from 12 sec to 13:00 sec of provided sample movie as the effect is most visible there.

Regards
Peter
Go to: