Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
An option is to purchase AnyDVD HD. It's well worth the money and will end any compatibility issues with PowerDVD or any DVD/BD software player as it "fools" the players to see the disks as unencrypted and/or region free. And it's updated very regularly too. It allowed me to play the Star Wars disks with PowerDVD 9 quite fine several weeks ago already, for example.
AnyDVD works around the Star Wars problem, it might for for your Conan disk too.
Just to confirm I have the same problem with PowerDVD 9, and using the current AnyDVD to strip out the protection allowed PowerDVD to play the disks fine.
*** Workaround

I think the problem is with the BD+ encryption. I updated AnyDVD to the current version and after AnyDVD strips out the protection then PowerDVD 9 plays the disks just fine. Should have thought of this earlier.
Same here with PowerDVD 9, will not play Star Wars boxset disks, just get a screen saying to go to the CL website for an update, but I have the latest version 9.0.4105.51 installed. Very disappointing...
Go to: