Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I reinstalled all the builds, patches, etc. moving up the list on PD11. Still, no fix. Also searches via PD11 for SOUNDS on Freesound.org fails to find a single file. It's as if my program is not syncing with freesound.org. Any suggestions?

I also have a second computer with PD12 on it and it's doing the same thing. I've tried contacting cyberlink but they tell me I have to open an account with freesound which is incorrect. The Power Director Program is supposed to connect with freesound after the PD user agrees to the TERMS OF USE. I go through the proper sequence and still it doesn't work.

Cyberlink technical support is not helping.

I paid a lot of money for my PD12 Ultimate Suite and the same issue (on a separate computer) is doing the same thing.

Not sure if Microsoft essentials is stopping it.
By the way, I don't even see the build you have on Cyberlink's site. I'm attaching a screenshot I just took that shows the latest build downloads.
Thanks for the quick response. Where is the build number located?

The only thing I see is: PD12 12.0.2420.0

I thought the program automatically updates. I have that checked in the general settings.

My Power Director 11 is: 11.0.0.3625 and that won't import freesound as well.

I have two computers. One is loaded with PD11 the other with PD12 Ultimate Suite. Neither one will allow it to connect and download media from Freesound.org.

I went to freesound.org and found that the issue is with Cyberlink. I've contacted tech support several times and they are doing nothing about it-- in fact, it seems they can't understand the issue. Yes, I do have a freesound account, but your account is NOT linked with Powerdirector. You simply use Powerdirector to link with Freesound.org and using PD can import. I am attaching two screen shots from freesound that document the issue and one is an open appeal to cyberlink to READ their API documentation page.

FREESOUND.ORG STATES THAT CYBERLINK NEVER UPDATED THEIR PROGRAM TO USE FREESOUND'S NEW API.

CAN SOMEONE CONTACT CYBERLINK AND ADVISE. MY TECH SUPPORT EMAILS ARE FRUSTRATING AS NO ONE IS GETTING IT!!!
Hi Dafydd,

Your solution works perfectly! Thanks so much! It does protect the subtitles. The program may not be perfect, but for the money it is a very powerful and creative tool that can produce professonal results. Again, thanks. I didn't have to redo my project!
Thanks.

I'm going to try converting the files to .wav format. I've dowloaded the effects from Freesound and they're all kinds of formats: wavs, mp3, aiff's, etc. That could be part of the problem.

The effects are on the C drive, but it could be a format issue even with the sync.

Again,

Thanks, I'm going to dowload that conversion program.
I am editing a multi-track video with numerous audio tracks whose purpose is to simply insert sound effects. During play back while still in the editing mode (before producing) sometimes not all of the audio effects play as the time line passes over them. If I drag the line back, sometimes they will play, but not all the time. I have 8GB of RAM and enough hard drive space and a good processor. Is anyone else seeing this? If not, any suggestions how to stop this from happening?

Also, if the effects do play, they sometimes don't play in sync where they were placed.
Thanks for the information. I am going to try it!
Thanks for the reply.

So, if you import a clip into a working project that you've already spent some time on, multi-trim it, you can't "produce" those trimmed clips separate from everything else in the project. I was hoping you could edit an imported video in a project, then put those trimmed/edited clips back into the library for future use rather than having them sitting on a timeline.

Is it possible in a project to SAVE the trimmed clips outside of the working project? Can they be transferred to an outside file or somehow dragged into the library for later use?
I just finished adding subtitles to a music track to display lyrics. Now I want to insert photos, video clips, etc. into the timeline. I can LOCK the soundtrack and videotracks, but if I attempt to cut or edit a videotrack, it seems to also CUT the subtitle and/or shorten the subtitle duration. Can the SUBTITLE track be PROTECTED or LOCKED during editing?

Thanks.
Thanks. Next time I'll use the TITLE ROOM (Title Line) for that purpose. You can lock that timeline.
I recently imported music track and used subtitles to coincide with the lyrics. Now, I wanted to edit in specific video to match the subtitles. I locked the video and audio tracks that I don't want to be effected by my "cutting", etc., but the subtitle line is effected. Is there a way to protect the subtitles so they are not moved during editing? They were in sync with the music track that is LOCKED but the subtitles appear to move with editing subsequent video tracks.
Do you mean to just drag the time line until it becomes bigger and begins showing "frame photos" of the movie on the time line? I guess you can focus on a specific event time and insert the sound effect or photo at that exact point.
Is that correct?

Thanks.
How can you insert a sound effect at an exact time in the video timeline? Other than dragging it and attempting to place it at a specific time-- but you can't get it exact--- how can you do it?

Thanks!
How do you access the romance package part of PD 10?
Thanks for your help. I'm going to try and make those improvements as suggested.
I ran the diagnostic. I'm not sure how to interpret it, but it appears as if everything's working.
Has anyone seen an improvement on the quality of AVCHD rendering in PD10 over PD9? I notice my videos in PD9 were sometimes pixelated or jumpy.
I'm contacting Cyberlink again, hopefully they fix the problem in PD9.
Go to: