Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
UNABLE TO IMPORT MEDIA FROM FREESOUND.ORG VIA POWERDIRECTOR 9
ralphps2000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2011 00:03 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Is anyone else having this problem???

For many MANY months, I was able to download media (sound files) from Freesound.org by using the IMPORT feature in Power Director 9. My username and password are correct, but I keep getting the error message: YOU HAVE ENTERED AN INCORRECT/INACTIVE username or an invalid password.

HOWEVER, if I go on to the Freesound.org site and use the SAME USERNAME AND PASSWORD, I can sign on without any problem.

This must be a glitch in PD9 but they said it wasn't. Any suggestions?!

Thanks!
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Ralph - I frequent Freesound also. What a great organization that is.

But I didn't realize we're supposed to be able to import directly from that site - I haven't tried that. Sounds like there's a glitch in it though, from your experience.

I've used Freesound .wav files recently - I just downloaded them the usual way from the Freesound site, then imported in PD9. I guess that would take a little bit longer than what you're talking about, but it couldn't be all that much more time.

Just do that though, since the direct import isn't working.

rbowser
ralphps2000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Right by the media file icon there's an icon of the earth with green arrow, if you click on it, one of the options is to import media directly from freesound.org...you can enter your username and password and it should remember it for future logins.

it was working fine for me for many months, but now has stopped working. you should see if you can do it. it's great when it works because it deposits the imports in both your working library and on your disk.
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Right by the media file icon there's an icon of the earth with green arrow, if you click on it, one of the options is to import media directly from freesound.org...you can enter your username and password and it should remember it for future logins.

it was working fine for me for many months, but now has stopped working. you should see if you can do it. it's great when it works because it deposits the imports in both your working library and on your disk.

Ah! You're right, Ralph - That doesn't work. I double checked at the Freesound site to make sure I had my user name and password right - I did. But I can't log on through PD9.

OK, that's a major bug, since on that "download from the internet" button, only two things are listed - Freesound and Flickr. Half of them aren't working! Well, I never use Flickr - so I don't know if that works. Maybe it's broken too!

This needs to be drawn to the attention of Cyberlink. I installed the newest update tonight, and this Freesound link is broken - so, it could be some time before it's fixed, but they need to be alerted.

Meanwhile, just do what I do. Get my sounds at Freesound, download them, import into PD9. It's all we can do.

rbowser
ralphps2000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm contacting Cyberlink again, hopefully they fix the problem in PD9.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]

If I go to the freesound site (as rbowser described) I can log in & download sounds.

Using the same user name & password in PD, I get an invalid user name/password message.

If that's the worst thing that happens today, it'll be a good day!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have reported the matter and CyberLink have informed me they intend fixing the issue asap. The problem is to do with a change on the Freesound website. All versions of PowerDirector with links to Freesound are affected.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
CL information:
The Freesound web site recently underwent some changes that are not yet supported in the latest version of CyberLink PowerDirector. We are currently fixing this issue now.
FAQ: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=12744

my ref: 244

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2011 10:25