Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
FREESOUND CANNOT IMPORT INTO MEDIA ROOM
ralphps2000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2011 00:03 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I have two computers. One is loaded with PD11 the other with PD12 Ultimate Suite. Neither one will allow it to connect and download media from Freesound.org.

I went to freesound.org and found that the issue is with Cyberlink. I've contacted tech support several times and they are doing nothing about it-- in fact, it seems they can't understand the issue. Yes, I do have a freesound account, but your account is NOT linked with Powerdirector. You simply use Powerdirector to link with Freesound.org and using PD can import. I am attaching two screen shots from freesound that document the issue and one is an open appeal to cyberlink to READ their API documentation page.

FREESOUND.ORG STATES THAT CYBERLINK NEVER UPDATED THEIR PROGRAM TO USE FREESOUND'S NEW API.

CAN SOMEONE CONTACT CYBERLINK AND ADVISE. MY TECH SUPPORT EMAILS ARE FRUSTRATING AS NO ONE IS GETTING IT!!!
[Thumb - FREESOUND NOTICE TO CYBERLINK 1.jpg]
 Filename
FREESOUND NOTICE TO CYBERLINK 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
382 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
88 time(s)
[Thumb - FREESOUND NOTICE TO CYBERLINK 2.jpg]
 Filename
FREESOUND NOTICE TO CYBERLINK 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
296 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
72 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD12 build 2619, I have no issues with downloads from Freesound. Check your build. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ralphps2000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick response. Where is the build number located?

The only thing I see is: PD12 12.0.2420.0

I thought the program automatically updates. I have that checked in the general settings.

My Power Director 11 is: 11.0.0.3625 and that won't import freesound as well.

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The CL family does not auto update, it does (usually) inform you of an update.
Those last numbers are the build...PD version 12, build 2420.
You might be having some sort of issue on your own, as this is the first mention I know of this problem in V11 or 12, though it's happened in other versions with Facebook and Youtube.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2014 17:53

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ralphps2000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
By the way, I don't even see the build you have on Cyberlink's site. I'm attaching a screenshot I just took that shows the latest build downloads.
[Thumb - POWER DIRECTOR UP DATES ON SITE  03 13 2014.jpg]
 Filename
POWER DIRECTOR UP DATES ON SITE 03 13 2014.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
344 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
77 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
There's something odd there Barry!

On my Win7 desktop PC, I get nothing from Freesound - the audio clips don't even appear! There's no option to download anything! On the Win 8.1 laptop, it all works perfectly.

Build 2619 a Beta build, so it wouldn't appear on the CL Updates page http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/32601.page#177067

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
PD11 build 3230, no problems, Freesound works fine. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ralphps2000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I reinstalled all the builds, patches, etc. moving up the list on PD11. Still, no fix. Also searches via PD11 for SOUNDS on Freesound.org fails to find a single file. It's as if my program is not syncing with freesound.org. Any suggestions?

I also have a second computer with PD12 on it and it's doing the same thing. I've tried contacting cyberlink but they tell me I have to open an account with freesound which is incorrect. The Power Director Program is supposed to connect with freesound after the PD user agrees to the TERMS OF USE. I go through the proper sequence and still it doesn't work.

Cyberlink technical support is not helping.

I paid a lot of money for my PD12 Ultimate Suite and the same issue (on a separate computer) is doing the same thing.

Not sure if Microsoft essentials is stopping it.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ralph -

Yes - same thing happening here on Win7 PCs -
fails to find a single file

In some earlier versions of PD, it was necessary to sign into FreeSound (through PD) before downloading. In the current version, that is not necessary (nor does it make any difference).

Here's a screen capture of what occurs here on my Win 7 PCs - http://youtu.be/U6B5k3FEdNg

Of course, downloading can be done directly from https://www.freesound.org/ (even though I put .com in the video)

Barry - I wonder what it is that makes it work for you & not for some others?

Cheers - Tony
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
For the record;
the very same as in Tony's screencapture happens here.

Fails to find a single file.....
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

Try it in PD11 WaveEditor 2 standalone app, looks like it should work there.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2014 15:39

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Jeff -

You're absolutely right. WE2 does indeed download audio clips from Freesound... then just import into PD.

- Interestingly (or not) WE search finds a different set of audio clips from a direct site search - using the same keyword

A puzzlement.

Cheers - Tony
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Windows 7x64 is a big FAIL for me, too. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: You're absolutely right. WE2 does indeed download audio clips from Freesound... then just import into PD.

I believe WE2 and PD11 use two different jscript interfaces to freesound. Possibly why the different behavior. I don't think this is a WIN7 vs 8 thing, in fact PD11 works on my WIN7 box as does WE2 so hard for me to provide any further suggestions. Looks maybe more like a jscript compatibility/security issue perhaps. Another item for CL to sort out.

Quote: - Interestingly (or not) WE search finds a different set of audio clips from a direct site search - using the same keyword

I'm not sure why that occurs, it does not appear to be, date, duration, file type, or bitrate, a few logical restrictions perhaps. I didn't see anything in the WE2 jscript that is limiting anything but obviously it must be. Another item for CL to sort out.

Jeff

EDIT: They are not restricting anything. For "sport" search as Tony used, freesound.org finds 393 clips. So does WE2, the issue is the CL WE2 interface, lol, they only show a 6 x 3 grid of files in the interface window with NO elevator box. HOWEVER, 30 files are actually in the window, looks like it is a 6 x 5 grid. 30 on 13 pages (390 clips) and 3 on pg 14, 393 total clips.
[Thumb - freesound.png]
 Filename
freesound.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 16. 2014 21:57

ynotfish
[Post New]
Quote: They are not restricting anything. For "sport" search as Tony used, freesound.org finds 393 clips. So does WE2, the issue is the CL WE2 interface, lol, they only show a 6 x 3 grid of files in the interface window with NO elevator box. HOWEVER, 30 files are actually in the window, looks like it is a 6 x 5 grid. 30 on 13 pages (390 clips) and 3 on pg 14, 393 total clips.

All very true. Brilliant investigation JL!

When you select all the clips in the WE window, it notes "30 audio files selected", though only 18 are visible. I guess if you want to know what audio files 19-30 sound like, you have to download the lot! (which is more than I can do in PD12!)

My comment above was only based on the fact that the first dozen or so items on Freesound.org & in WE were completely different audio clips.

Here - PD11 & PD12 do exactly the same thing - as shown in the screen capture. Both were installed as part of Director Suite (PD11) & PowerDirector Ultimate Suite (PD12).

So - yes - a few wrinkles to be ironed out!

Cheers - Tony