Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Have CyberLink Team fix the problem for PowerDVD 11 Then?

Can someone think me some information on this please
That is just unbeliveable.

it is like an ipod saying it won't play any music from 2012 plus......I can't belive it.....they are being so selfish and lazy.

I'll be sure never to recommend anything by cyberlink to anyone
That is just unbeliveable.

it is like an ipod saying it won't play any music from 2012 plus......I can't belive it.....they are being so selfish and lazy.

I'll be sure never to recommend anything by cyberlink to anyone
Beacuse they are slow and wanted us to upgrade.. it all Money, Money If i had a little Money...
Did you get somethink like this back looooool all most 3 weeks now they sent me this, and me Bet you
all got this back.

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with PowerDVD unable to play Star Wars Blu Ray.

Please note that we have escalated this issue to our Product and Development Team, they are currently investigating this. Please keep visit our website (Downloads-> Software Updates) for latest updates.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Tracy
CyberLink Technical Support

This is a Joke on CyberLink side.
So it been two weeks now from when the Star wars Box set came out and still no new information about
If they are going to do a patch up date or when they will release one to fix the problems. as me and so many other customers who use the Cyberlink progames are now thinking about moiveing on. By buying a Blu-Ray Player or a PS3.

Because I can understand why they would wanted to fix the 10 or 11 PowerDVD player, it uses the 3D technology. But there are still not many 3D films out there, apart from a few animated ones, plus you'll also need a 3D monitor, which means forking out another decent amount of cash, just because PowerDVD was unable to perform the task it commited itself to, playing blurays.

You should also fix versions 7, 8 and 9, so they can perform the service that we purchased when we paid for this software. Otherwise, what we have now, is a blueray player, that doesn't play bluerays, and therefore is deemed useless.
So it been two weeks now from when the Star wars Box set came out and still no new information about
If they are going to do a patch up date or when they will release one to fix the problems. as me and so many other customers who use the Cyberlink progames are now thinking about moiveing on. By buying a Blu-Ray Player or a PS3.

Because I can understand why they would wanted to fix the 10 or 11 PowerDVD player, it uses the 3D technology. But there are still not many 3D films out there, apart from a few animated ones, plus you'll also need a 3D monitor, which means forking out another decent amount of cash, just because PowerDVD was unable to perform the task it commited itself to, playing blurays.

You should also fix versions 7, 8 and 9, so they can perform the service that we purchased when we paid for this software. Otherwise, what we have now, is a blueray player, that doesn't play bluerays, and therefore is deemed useless.
To Administrator/ Support Team

Please can you send me some up to date information fromt the e-mail i had sent you
about my computer, and how you are trying to sort the problem out.

My Ticket ID: CS001058446

I sented you the Attachments information from useing the CyberLink Disc & 3D Advisor also the CollectUserfo

For you to have a look at when i was asking about the problems with the
PowerDVD 9.. Please can i have some up to date information.

The name that was ddealing with my Ticket was
Amit

thank you.
i can understand that beacuse £60 is a lot of money to get 10 & 11 when u all ready have a good Cyberlink Plyer.
But when i tryed the trial for AnyDvD it worked fine, But when i unstaill it and loaded the player back up again it came
with the same information again..

Sorry from when i was at school my spelling and grammar never been that good.
After sending all the information that they asked from me about my computer Box set and Player i am using.. PowerDvD 9 i have still not hear anythink from them... And want make me laugh is my computer passed all the testeds. lol
Quote: My approach is that cyberlink are preventing me from accessing my legitimately purchased Blu Ray hardware. I would have reasonably expected them to anticipate their users would want to play this realease (in their droves). I am therefore going to request compensation for the time thst I am not able to access my legimately purchased blu ray hardware. My compensation request will be in relation to each hour I am not able to access my hardware. I suggest anyone else in the UK take the same approach. I also hope that a senior member of Cyberlink staff who is familiar with UK consumer protection law is monitoring this forum, or that the technicians dealing with this pass the issue on to someone who is- see below:

Hi,

When I try and play the new Star Wars Blu Ray, I get a message saying my software needs playing and directing me to your site (cyberlink.con/bdupdate). However, this informs me that my software is up to date and wishes me a pleasant evening watching my movie. This is unacceptable- I have never had a blu ray disc that refuses to play before.
Please can you advise me of a solution that will enable me to access my legitimately purchased Blu Ray hardware by return? My drive firmware is up to date, before you ask. If a soution is not forthcoming I will seek compensation for every hour that I am not able to access my legitimately purchased blu ray hardware in accordance with UK consumer protection law in relation to fitness for purpose of products. I will start logging your response time from 23:00hrs on Sunday 18th Sept. I am aware that you already know there is a problem and suprised you let an issue like this occur in relation to a "must buy" release such as star wars.

regards

Are you not going to support power dvd 9 ???? Or was the information i send to the support team a waste of time on my end ? when other customer are having the problem sic Monday 12 September 2011. ???
Do you need to pay for the AnyDVD strips ? or is it a free progam ?
oops read the one blow please
agasit the Trade Descriptions Act of 1968 (If you live in the UK) I agree with that post.. If they do not Fix it then they should give us a free powerDVD 10.. Beacuse say if a nother film came out on Blu-ray then they are going to have the same problems over again.
agree
Quote: Hello,
we will provide a fix for PowerDVD 10 and 11 to address this issue.

Br
Michael

Will you also provide a fix for Power 9,8,7 as well ?
Thank you for writing back.

Please send me the following information for further analysis:

1). Updated DxDiag.txt log file.

DxDiag.txt: You can use the steps that follow to create this file:

a. Start --> All Programs --> Accessories -->Run (Windows Vista).

b. Type in DxDiag and press Enter or click OK, this will open the DirectX diagnostic tool.

c. Click on the Save All Information Button (save this file to your windows desktop and name it DxDiag.txt).

2). CollectUserInfo.cab : Steps to generate "CollectUserInfo.cab":

Note: Make sure you logged in as an "Administrator".

a. Download the tool and double click CLCollectUserInfo.zip (given below) to unzip files. The winzip will create the folder name, CLCollectUserInfo.

Tool Download:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/trial/pdvd/tool/CLCollectUserInfo.zip

b. Select the folder, CLCollectUserInfo, and double click "CollectUserInfo.exe"

c. Click on "Collect" button.

d. Once the process finish, click the "Cancel "button to close the program.

e. Send "CollectUserInfo.cab" to me. (The CollectUserInfo.cab will be stored on "CLCollectUserInfo" folder)

3). Blu-Ray titles (with region code) that you are trying to play.

4). AV Receiver make and model number.

5). Manufacturer of the graphics card and sound card.

6). Results of the BD/3D advisor which you can download from the link below:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do

After getting the above information I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are facing.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Amit

That wanted they said to me
Just been trying too get it into the heads of the support team that it has nothink to do with my computer or Player Beacuse they keep giveing me crap information on how try to fix it, my Card Motherborad and so on. i been tellling them that other customers have the same problems but noooooooo!!.. just GIVE US A PATCH UP DATE PLEASE.
Quote: My brother Try to go into the settings (do this before you play the Blu-Ray) Select DvD on the left and enable the read it clearly and all the others there .I did this in PDVD10 for my Thor BD and it played ....

Thanks tryed this to but a no go, thanks for given us the information. just wish they would sorted it out beacuse i dont have the money for PowerDVD 11, and dont wanted to speted the money when i have a good Blu ray player
Go to: