Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Is this seriously still an issue? I just updated PowerDVD 10 Ultra to version 3715 after not using it for a year and half, during which I bought a second monitor. I was expecting a terrible user experience, but not being able to use the software at all is a real surprise.
That's exactly it. They've known about it for over two years, gotten lots of complaints, and done absolutely nothing about it even though it's a minor technical fix that doesn't afflict competing software.

That's why the only thing to do is walk away from CyberLink and go with Arcsoft Total Media Theater. I did, and I'll never look back.
Check out this thread:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10620.page

Clearly Cyberlink even has a band of brothers fending off these criticisms.

It has been a "known problem" for over a year. It was also never a problem in previous versions.

An important measure of a company is, of course, how responsive they are to customers...
Quote: Oh MY!!! You mean Cyberlink is monitoring my messages in this forum...Yikes! What an unexpected pleasure...Hi Cyberlink.

And yes, Looking Cap'n Kevin and RobertJ/OZ time on this forum nets to a little more than 10 years experience...How DARE them profess to know more than you Paul!! The almost 2000 posts they have are certainly of no help to the users...your comments (Paul) are MUCH more helpful. NOT!!

Please see link below..as I am sure you hate this product now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWweqP_ZWbg

Wow. What a dork.
Quote: You make assumptions based on very little experience. I was correct in your anticipated answer. It really doesn't mean anything in mthe end and my prediction is completely irrelevant. But I have seen your type before and in my opinion you completely miss the point.
Kevin wrote:
If you have a response...I can anticipate what the content of your post will be. You are very predictable....

Great, Nostradamus. Try substance next time. You sound like a teenaged poet.
Quote: Robert,

I just changed my other monitor to Landscape, it took me less than 10 seconds! ...would you care to watch a movie? I'll boot up Power DVD and you select the title....Pass the popcorn!! I Love extra butter!

Hey Fred....quit hogging all the M&M's!!

I am fascinated at what people complain about.....and Paul...you are entitled to your opinion and you have certainly taken the opportunity to share yours.....it's just that no one is really listening to you....I am too busy watching a movie to be interested.

What was your question again?

If you have a response...I can anticipate what the content of your post will be. You are very predictable....

My suggestion is to contact Cyberlink Technical support. I am sure they will listen to your problem and do their very best to correct your issue with the product. This forum isn't the place to make demands and complaints as Technical Support does not monitor this forum. They have provided other avenues of which you should avail yourself to. The users of the software that are participating in this forum are not able to make the changes that you are insisting be made to the software.

Regards,

Kevin

Good lord, simple minds and the blind leading the blind. Both of you vets have totally missed the point and moreover totally misunderstood the problem. I doubt you yet understand the technical issue, but more importantly, you're suspiciously eager to defend Cyberlink without even having read this thread, let alone the others in forum. Cyberlink is actively monitoring the threads. And there are numerous support tickets out on this issue. But they don't give a shit. Get it? The fact that you two don't either has zero meaning, because you probably aren't running a sophisticated setup, or even more probably don't have hardly any technical competence.

Now go away. The whole reason for this thread, in case you hadn't noticed and were just trolling, is that there is an unresolved problem causing numerous people grief. So thanks for nothing.
Quote: But it's not an issue, just set set your monitors to Landscape, it takes 10 seconds.

No.
Quote: Paul,

You have not as yet posted one constructive comment, why do you bother, you have already stated that users should purchase another product, why haven't you, then you can go away and not come back.
Yes, PowerDVD stalls if one monitor is set to portrait mode, but then, who in their right mind would want PowerDVD in portrait mode, get real, why should CyberLink spend time and resources on this issue when only one in millions has an issue with it.
CyberLink have provided a product suitable for 99.999'% of it's users, there is no issue here, there is no problem to fix by CyberLink.
So go away, maybe come back later when you have found the product of your dreams, that does everything you want and tell us about it.

This forum is provided by CyberLink for users to try their best to help each other resolve issues, your particular issue cannot be resolved on this forum, take it up with Technical Support. None of the forum members are CyberLink employees, but yes we will defend CyberLink against unwarranted comments like yours.

Robert

An awfully stupid chiming-in. You wrote, "who in their right mind would want PowerDVD in portrait mode?"

That is so beside the point that it's comical. It's tantamount to saying, "99.999% of Windows users never use portrait mode for any of their connected monitors."

If you actually read this thread (or even just the key parts of it), you would realize that the problem is that Cyberlink stupidly designed a program that crashes/refuses to open if ANY connected monitor is in portrait mode. The even worse part is that they know it, they've ignored the issue for over a year, and they don't care. They also have people like you blindly defending them.

But thanks for pointing out the obvious, that no one wants to watch movies on a monitor in portrait mode. We get that, "mate."
Quote: Paul M.;
Spending a lot of time pounding on something you don't like!! The users here are often very experienced and technical (some even know what the technical data in the DXDIAG MEANS!), but I can see that you are just interested in "venting", not a solution.

Sorry I got in your way, please feel free to continue without my further interference.

Again, you are so far off. People with technical competence will not simply fire off the easiest possible boilerplate if they haven't even tried reproducing the problem themselves.

Once again, you conveniently ignored the fundamental issue that would apply to you as well. Do I need to walk you through this or do you understand by reading this thread?

Turn any of your connected monitors to portrait mode, then try running PowerDVD 10. REPORT HERE WHAT HAPPENS. When it fails, go ahead and look at your own DXDIAG file and you'll see that the problem is Cyberlink's.

Do you work for them/with them? Some reason you instinctually defend them?
Quote: Track0 and Safer;
Please update your video drivers. The most current WHQL drivers contain many fixes and enhancements that may help solve your problem.

PaulM and Richard2;
Without a DXDIAG file I can not be sure you suffer from the same issues. Please, post or go to the link below for help updating the drivers:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14275.page

Not even remotely the issue. I am using the latest WHQL driver for my GTX 285 and my DXDIAG file will give you no information that you will understand. Every single user in the whole universe will experience this problem. Try it yourself and let us know how it goes. You should have done so before repeating the vanilla advice of updating drivers.

All you need to know is that Cyberlink is aware of this problem, doesn't care about the problem, and will not be fixing the problem. Buy something else.
Quote: I just realized that it's been a few months since I originally posted this problem and wanted to follow up to see if the issue has been identified yet? I've got the latest updates installed but so far the only ways to make the program work on my system are to change the display settings for the monitor to landscape or to unplug the monitor that is in portrait orientation from my PC, and then run PowerDVD (just turning the monitor off doesn't work.)

This continues to be frustrating. Can someone from Cyberlink please let me know if this issue is even something that is on your "to-do" list at this point? I would just like to know if I need to a consider purchasing a different Bluray playback application or not.

Thanks
Cyberlink are arrogant and lazy; we have been asking this for a year persistently in this thread and in numerous other threads. They absolutely don't care. Buy another player from a better company.
Clearly Cyberlink ignores all customer feedback.
Clearly Cyberlink ignores all customer feedback.
Clearly they are ignoring us; the point of these forums (and even direct requests to them) is what exactly? There is no reasonable technical excuse for this limitation.
Hey Cyberlink: You make a lot of money. You have settled into the luxury of having a monopoly on HD playback applications. But if you can't fix this trivial, common error, then you are incredibly incompetent. Evidently the problem has existed for years. You are pissing off your customers, and it will come back to bite you if you don't fix the problem now.

You are the only application in the known universe that has a hissy fit when just one of a PC's connected monitors is in portrait mode. Stop that.
Hey Cyberlink: You make a lot of money. You have settled into the luxury of having a monopoly on HD playback applications. But if you can't fix this trivial, common error, then you are incredibly incompetent. Evidently the problem has existed for years. You are pissing off your customers, and it will come back to bite you if you don't fix the problem now.

You are the only application in the known universe that has a hissy fit when just one of a PC's connected monitors is in portrait mode. Stop that.

Quote: Hi,

PowerDVD does not work in Portrait mode - please try to set both monitor to landscape mode.

BR
Michael

Go to: