Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen "resolution" problem?
Adam A. Wanderer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Arkansas Joined: May 07, 2010 17:47 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've upgraded to PowerDVD 10. I'm receiving a strange popup when I try to call up the program: "CyberLink PowerDVD10 is not optimized for this screen resolution and will now close." Is the the "Error 103" that everyone is receiving after installing PowerDVD? I have the most recent patch for PowerDVD 10. If not, has anyone else gotten this error popup? If it is, does anyone know of a solution? Thanks.
[Thumb - ScreenShot001.jpg]
 Filename
ScreenShot001.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
357 time(s)
http://folding.stanford.edu
Save lives, visit today!
CHAD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2010 20:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've got this issue myself. I've seen this mentioned at avsforum and after reading a few posts of people with this issue I got a clue of the cause and have verified it and I wish CyberLink would fix it as it's been around awhile. So here's the bug CyberLink (now please fix it):
In a multimonitor system if one of the monitors (I'll detail my setup below) is in portrait orientation you get this bug.

I can't say for certain if the rest is important (but in case it is):
My setup (that generates bug) Monitor 2 is my primary monitor it is in Landscape mode at 1920x1200. Monitor 1 (to the right of monitor 2) is in Portrait mode 1200x1600.

Workarounds:
Switch Monitor 1 to Landscape.
Disable portrait monitor.

It's a real pain to have to whack my second monitor to use PowerDVD. I also am totally confused as to why this check is even in the software cause it can and by default is ran in a window anyhow. Please fix. If I can be of assistance in testing I'd be glad to.

My one other (after just having installed program) complaint is that in Win7 it exits Aero when running PowerDVD10Ultra.
[Post New]
Thanks! I will try this! http://folding.stanford.edu
Save lives, visit today!
PAUL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the exact same issue.

Monitor on left 1200x1600 portrait, middle 1600x1200 landscape, right 1200x1600 portrait.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.

CARL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2010 22:56 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I use Dual setup (one Analog and one HDTV PLASMA)- when watching some Blu-Rays the Analog must be disconnected due to the HDCP- however, I did notice that my Plasma had a thin line on the right edge (bleeding) I adjusted by enabling ATI Scaling options- for your situation you you need to tweet your video card settings- You haven't included any system info tho- why? isn't that part of the solution- So start with your GPU software, tweek there-
CHAD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2010 20:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
The problem is running a multi monitor setup with one of the monitors in portrait orientation. No need to troubleshoot further. Now if only CyberLink would fix it or at least remove the check in their software preventing it from running.

Quote: I use Dual setup (one Analog and one HDTV PLASMA)- when watching some Blu-Rays the Analog must be disconnected due to the HDCP- however, I did notice that my Plasma had a thin line on the right edge (bleeding) I adjusted by enabling ATI Scaling options- for your situation you you need to tweet your video card settings- You haven't included any system info tho- why? isn't that part of the solution- So start with your GPU software, tweek there-
[Post New]
Yes, it is odd that CyberLInk hasn't put out a patch for this. It should be a simple fix. Does anyone know if they're even working on a patch? http://folding.stanford.edu
Save lives, visit today!
Richard2 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 19, 2010 12:16 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
They have known of the issue for some time. My old PDVD7 still works but they keep breaking stuff in the new versions. Can't use two displays can only display the movies on the primary display and can't have the any display rotated, the menus get stuck on screen all the time and so on. I'd stay with PDVD7 if it had HD audio.

Other thread here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10852.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2010 22:05

Richard2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oops

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2010 22:04

Paul M. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2010 15:04 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Cyberlink: You make a lot of money. You have settled into the luxury of having a monopoly on HD playback applications. But if you can't fix this trivial, common error, then you are incredibly incompetent. Evidently the problem has existed for years. You are pissing off your customers, and it will come back to bite you if you don't fix the problem now.

You are the only application in the known universe that has a hissy fit when just one of a PC's connected monitors is in portrait mode. Stop that.
Richard2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: PowerDVD 9 Build 2320: Works as it should with any screen configuration I've tried as do all previous version of PowerDVD I have used over the past 4 years or so. 7,8,9...

PowerDVD 9 Build 2528 and now PowerDVD 10: Gives the error if one of the two displays in portrait mode.

This is a totally valid Windows configuration. CyberLink should have no issue with this.

Still not working in the latest update. (PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D build 2325) Kind of sad, I even told them the exact build that added the bug. I guess I should be glad that they are no longer asking me to reinstall or to run Windows at 1024x768 or that there is no bug. I still use PowerDVD7 as 10 removed 9 and 10 still does not support Windows.
Paul M. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Clearly Cyberlink ignores all customer feedback.
freshmas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2012 01:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Is this seriously still an issue? I just updated PowerDVD 10 Ultra to version 3715 after not using it for a year and half, during which I bought a second monitor. I was expecting a terrible user experience, but not being able to use the software at all is a real surprise.
Paul M. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Is this seriously still an issue? I just updated PowerDVD 10 Ultra to version 3715 after not using it for a year and half, during which I bought a second monitor. I was expecting a terrible user experience, but not being able to use the software at all is a real surprise.
That's exactly it. They've known about it for over two years, gotten lots of complaints, and done absolutely nothing about it even though it's a minor technical fix that doesn't afflict competing software.

That's why the only thing to do is walk away from CyberLink and go with Arcsoft Total Media Theater. I did, and I'll never look back.
freshmas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2012 01:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This software is such garbage. My computer is going to feel dirty until I reinstall Windows.