Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dual Monitor Display Mode and other multidisplay complications
[Post New]
I recently attached my spare 24" 2405FPW alongside my 30" 3007WFP-HC to my Sapphire HD 4890 to extend my desktop. Everything works as I though it would. However, when I attempted to launch PowerDVD 9 Ultra, I get the following message:

CyberLink PowerDVD 9 is not optimized for this screen resolution and will now close.

The only way I can get PowerDVD 9 to launch is if I disable one of the montiors.

I am aware that Dual Display mode does not work for Vista for PowerDVD 9 Ultra. However, in the near future I wish to purchase a Sapphire HD 5770 and setup a three monitor configuration (one 30" monitor in the middle in landscape mode with two 24" monitors on either side in portrait mode).

I would like to know if I will still have the same problem with PowerDVD 9 Ultra launching when I setup the three monitor configuration if the following happens:

1) if I change to windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

2) if I move from PowerDVD 9 ultra to PowerDVD 10 ultra.

As well, is the Dual Display mode available in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and would my current dual monitor situation change if I install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (I am guessing not).

The following questions were answered in the interest of due diligence:

PowerDVD full Version

PowerDVD 9 Ultra

PowerDVD SR Number

DVD091 203-02

Operating System

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW?

Retail product

Used VGA

SAPPHIRE HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E

Used VGA driver version

Catalyst 10.3

Used Audio device

Logitech Z-5450, analog input 5.1 setup.

Used Audio device driver version

SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio, AnalogDevices (Driver Provider), 6.10.3.6280 (Driver Version).

Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI)

DVI-D

Are you using single or dual monitor environment

Dual environment (1 Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW @ 1920x1200, portrait, 1 Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC @

2560x1600, landscape)

Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)

Extended mode

What kind of Antivirus SW are you using

Free AVG 9.0.800

Further system specs can be seen in my sig.

Thank-you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2010 15:09

Would you hurry it up? I haven't got all night.

Marv

Sin City (2005)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

PowerDVD does not work in Portrait mode - please try to set both monitor to landscape mode.

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
That was the problem. I simply switched my secondary monitor to "landscape mode" and PowerDVD 9 launched.

Thanks very much.

Perhaps future versions of PowerDVD could support multi display configurations such as combinations of landscape and portrait modes. I know that it wouldn't be a much requested feature, but it would add to the versatility of PowerDVD and it would be nice to have never-the-less.

Once again, thank-you very much.

Sincerely,

........... Would you hurry it up? I haven't got all night.

Marv

Sin City (2005)
Richard2 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 19, 2010 12:16 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD 9 Build 2320: Works as it should with any screen configuration I've tried as do all previous version of PowerDVD I have used over the past 4 years or so. 7,8,9...

PowerDVD 9 Build 2528 and now PowerDVD 10: Gives the error if one of the two displays in portrait mode.

This is a totally valid Windows configuration. CyberLink should have no issue with this.
PAUL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2010 23:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD 10 has the same problem.

I have three monitors and one of them is in portrait mode and I get the "screen configuration is not supported" error.

I agree with Richard, there is absolutely no reason this should not work.

PERHAPS, it could throw up an error if you are trying to play on the portrait screen but it should not happen if you are playing on a Landscape screen.

I have a 30" Center screen with two 24" widescreen monitors on each side.

When I rotated the right 24" monitor for coding in Max I received the error when I tried to open PowerDVD 10.

Will this be addressed or are there just too few people asking about it?

-Paul

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2010 23:55

Richard2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: PowerDVD 10 has the same problem...

I did say "PowerDVD 9 Build 2528 and now PowerDVD 10"

Yes it is the same issue. It's just the fact that in one thread they talk about fixing it and in this newer one they say PowerDVD does not support having a screen in portrait mode. This is not true. It's kinda sad. I get PowerDVD 10 hoping for a fix and it uninstalls the older PowerDVD 9 that worked.
I still have PowerDVD 7 installed and it works fine while PowerDVD 10 just throws the error.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 05. 2010 00:51

Paul M. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2010 15:04 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

PowerDVD does not work in Portrait mode - please try to set both monitor to landscape mode.

BR
Michael
Hey Cyberlink: You make a lot of money. You have settled into the luxury of having a monopoly on HD playback applications. But if you can't fix this trivial, common error, then you are incredibly incompetent. Evidently the problem has existed for years. You are pissing off your customers, and it will come back to bite you if you don't fix the problem now.

You are the only application in the known universe that has a hissy fit when just one of a PC's connected monitors is in portrait mode. Stop that.
Richard2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: PowerDVD 9 Build 2320: Works as it should with any screen configuration I've tried as do all previous version of PowerDVD I have used over the past 4 years or so. 7,8,9...

PowerDVD 9 Build 2528 and now PowerDVD 10: Gives the error if one of the two displays in portrait mode.

This is a totally valid Windows configuration. CyberLink should have no issue with this.

Still not working in the latest update. (PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D build 2325) Kind of sad, I even told them the exact build that added the bug. I guess I should be glad that they are no longer asking me to reinstall or to run Windows at 1024x768 or that there is no bug. I still use PowerDVD7 as 10 removed 9 and 10 still does not support Windows.
Paul M. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2010 15:04 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Clearly Cyberlink ignores all customer feedback.