Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink, listen to this suggestion
[Post New]
Hello,

PD13 has a wonderful feature of subtitle, but I have notice that there are some missing features like:

1. The user doesn't have a control on a text border, which he can decide the size of it.

2. The user doesn't have a control on a text position by mouse, he should control it by x & y

3. Subtitle doesn't support UTF-8 character, either if you save it as UTF-8 with notepad or third part app. like Subtitle Editor at http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit

These suggestions was posted here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42072.page

Regards,

Yousef

moisesmcardona [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Oct 23, 2012 11:48 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
I would love to have motion-tracking effects, especially for the blur effect, since I recorded some street footage and I am manually removing car license plates using keyframe and it takes a long time to do this. Motion tracking should solve this issue although I expect it to not be perfect, then I could use the keyframes to fix those errors the motion tracking did. Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
visit http://moisescardona.video
[Post New]
Hello,

I am working on an advertisement for my company, describing our products, its about 45 minutes long, but I am facing a problem to follow all these products because of its long, we have purchase a new heavy duty PC with 27" LED monitor for this project, but still the problem has not been solves.

If the PD has a multi session or sequences like adobe premier pro, then this matter will be solve, because I will be able to copy each product on separate sequence & render it individually instead of single session.

Anybody can help me in this matter.

Regards
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Oct 23, 2012 11:48 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
Another suggestion is I would like to be able to add the same effect to a clip like blur for when I need to blur out several objects. Either this or the ability to add another FX track to keep adding effects to a clip. Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
visit http://moisescardona.video
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to see a sorting option that sorts USED from UNUSED clips/pics/audio in the library the same way it sorts audio/video/images.
When a lot of mixed footage, clips or photos are on the timeline,...or audio background clips for that matter, are in the library, I have found it useful in other editors to be able to sort out which ones I have not used yet. A quick click in Panasonic's HD writer, for example, shows me which clips I haven't yet used in a sequence from many cameras. I have found this feature also in the editors for Photo Books, a sorter shows me which photos I have not yet used. It's great, and would be very useful in cyberlink.

The green ticks are good, of course, but it makes going through many clips in the library very tedious.
Jenny. Jenny
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

While PD has not this tool, you can use this I use a long time already, "PDSpeed​​" there topic about it, if not find, I have a link, http://www.4shared.com/zip/-sLYdFbO
Run the application that adds keyboard shortcuts to PD. ("S" - split,) ("D" - Split and cuts left) has other shortcuts, I use only these two.

Nota: Note: Run the application, will be active until you turn off the PC.

Thank you very much for the information PlaySound, and Peter Ozpeter author of PDSpeed​​.
Finally I found what I was looking for.
We hope that they are entered in PD.
Again, thank you.

Sorry, version 13 On this program does not work W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 03, 2011 19:50 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Would like to be able to undock timeline window, move it to a secondary monitor, and stretch out to show more timelines.
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 03, 2011 19:50 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Would like to be able to select an object anywhere on the timeline without the timeline cursor jumping to that object.
Toddster [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2013 20:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
"Not a bad idea to suggest to the CL biggies."

Indeed. Adding a button in the Batch Produce popup window to import/export-list-to-file (e.g., delimited text file, xml, or xls) would do the job too...and leverage the power of external editing software. The Batch Produce window could stand other enhancements (e.g., multi-select find/replace, reordering).
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Lens Correction. Not just fisheye, true subtle across the screen LC. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote: I'd like to see a sorting option that sorts USED from UNUSED clips/pics/audio in the library the same way it sorts audio/video/images.

Or the ability to hide used. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

While PD has not this tool, you can use this I use a long time already, "PDSpeed​​" there topic about it, if not find, I have a link, http://www.4shared.com/zip/-sLYdFbO
Run the application that adds keyboard shortcuts to PD. ("S" - split,) ("D" - Split and cuts left) has other shortcuts, I use only these two.

Nota: Note: Run the application, will be active until you turn off the PC.

Thank you very much for the information PlaySound, and Peter Ozpeter author of PDSpeed​​.
Finally I found what I was looking for.
We hope that they are entered in PD.
Again, thank you.

Sorry, version 13 On this program does not work
Subject: PD13Speed-Provides extra keybord shortcuts for faster PD 13 editing [Up]

By changing the program Peter Ozpeter (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14452.page) I adapted version 13.
The keys involved are: Ctrl + space - M - N - S - I - A - O - D - J - K - L - Z - X - C
Download version PD13Speed.zip https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2JL9HJwvPVqeDRwbEFjNTZBYXM/view?usp=sharing
It installs automatically and is ready for use before opening PD 13.
Hoping to have been of help greet you. Any comments are appreciated.

W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
[Post New]
Another simple suggestion for the next PD version could be to have them use a sample video file that "Intelligent SVRT" will find (instead of using the Boat.wmv format).

This would be useful for newbies to play with and learn to use SVRT. Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]

I LOVE to have a FIX Button for Dual 2 Screen Editing also stays after Restart Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Significantly better upward installation of features already purchased in previous PD releases. For instance:

NewBlue Art part of PD10
NewBlue Paint and Motion added as part of PD11
NewBlue Essential Effects I, II, III added as part of PD12
NewBlue Essential Effects V, VII and Titler Pro added as part of PD13

To recover full compliment of purchased NewBlue effects as part of a PD packages, one stuck with an installation nightmare. Even CL admits loss of capability and reinstall as a correction. http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=17750&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1&CategoryId=-1&keyword=newblue

Reinstall just not real practical nor an acceptable longterm solution, especially for those migrating to a new computer. Why not make these add-on packages as standalone installers, I'd be glad to enter my old serial numbers for each package to verify credibility. Going forward, issue also affects other aspects too, Adorage, previous bundled Menu templates that one has to scour Directorzone for.

Thanks
Jeff
[Post New]
FEATURE REQUESTS (Begging on my knees):

MOTION TRACKING:
Required for any video editing software to be taken seriously for moviemaking, particularly if alpha channel effects (like gunfire, explosions, etc) are being used. Even Corel's VSX has had MT for 2 versions now. Manual key-framing is NOT motion tracking - it's torture. This badly needed and increasingly ubiquitous function has been missing from PD for way too long.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 09. 2015 15:08

Buckles [Avatar]
Member Location: Klamath Falls, OR Joined: Aug 26, 2014 17:04 Messages: 90 Offline
[Post New]
How about creating a way to lock in the sub titles so they don't move during editing and also if I'm working on an additional track it would be nice if the subtitles were to sequence properly with the subtitle track above it.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
With the deluge of higher resolution formats including 2K, 4k as well as high bitrate 1080p 60+Mbps, 200+fps camera files the editing engine of the PD timeline has become rather overburdened, even with very high end PC's. To edit with ease in the timeline and/or handle MultiCam features, shadow files could be useful. However, the extremely poor shadow file encoding performance makes them extremely unattractive in PD13.

1) Best user desired option would be a much more responsive behavior of the timeline playback with complex edits and transitions. Render preview just not real attractive, too slow. Timeline behavior also continues to appear slower when significant quantity of content is added to the timeline.

2) If timeline performance can't be improved significantly and we must use shadow files for performance with complex video formats, why does PD use a limited amount of PC resources in creating the shadow files? Why not give the user an option on how to create them?
For instance, in MultiCam with four 1920x1080 24Mbps clips of 2 minute duration, shadow file creation for me takes 290 seconds. I can manually render all 4 clips independently to the same 720x480, 8Mbps shadow file format in 75 seconds, that's a 3.8 times increase. Poor shadow file implementation in MC Designer that should be rectified. The same basic limited resource use with poor performance issue exists for timeline shadow files too.

3) Why do you create 720x480 8Mbps shadow files in MC Designer, regardless of display settings for NTSC, but then have the nearest display resolutions of High (640x360) or HD (1280x720) so the created shadow files have to go through yet another sampling algorithm for display? With the extremely small fixed MC video display windows, would not some resolution be more ideal for playback? You don't do the fixed 720x480 8mbps shadow files with normal timeline shadow files, they are created at display setting resolution so why do you do it in MC?

Basically I'm looking for better editing experience in the next release, PD13 has not kept up with timeline performance enhancements along side the maturing higher resolution and high framerate video formats. Desire for next version of PD is a focus on core technologies affecting user editing experience, editing ease, editing speed, encoding performance, real time preview....in my opinion and experience, these have been neglected for several releases,...I'm not really interested in another makeover of GUI colors, icon designs and such.

Jeff
[Post New]
I am waiting to see incorporated the 4K h265 hardware decoder found in GTX960.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2015 21:57

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
just thinking outside of the box...

give us PowerDirector that can use Codecs that are installed on the user's computer.

ffdshow, handbrake, x265, etc...

this will eliminate two versions of PowerDirector, one for commercial and one for personal use.

am I dreaming in the lala land??? 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
There needs to be a word wrap function. When entering paragraphs of text I would like the width of the text box not to exceed the safe zone and extend down virtically, wrapping the text as appropriate. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel