Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink, listen to this suggestion
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
would be useful to create in forum a topic "suggestions for the next version " contributing to the improvement of the product, where everyone can read and participate.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 24. 2015 06:32

W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Videocam: Panasonic SD 700 avchd
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: would be useful to create in forum a topic "suggestions for the next version " contributing to the improvement of the product, where everyone can read and participate.

Hi bonagege, I think you may have already started a new topic on the subject

Well done I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I've made the thread a sticky - perhaps members would like to add to the suggestions etc.
Dafydd
[Post New]
One of the best feature CL ever put in PD was the Multi-Cam Designer. Unfortunately, it looks like they rushed the development and didn't complete it. Here's my suggestions for MCD
1) Allow a marker to be set on an imported audio track as is done for the video tracks, so that the imported audio can also be synced.
2)The timeline can be expanded (zoomed) like the main timeline in PD, but there is no facility to "view entire movie", that is, to view the full extent of the clips with a single click as is available on the main timeline.
3)Each track in the MCD timeline can contain one or MORE clips, but only ONE marker can be placed per track. It would be very useful to allow a separate marker on each clip and to identify the markers for syncing. The main timeline has identifiable markers so why not MCD?
4)As per #3, allow timeline markers in MCD as per the main timeline.
5)Currently there is a facility for syncing tracks in the main timeline, but only by the audio content. This looks like another rushed/partial implementation. If the clips to be synced have different or no audio, the syncing facility is essentially not useful. Where's the ability to sync by timecodes, file creation date or markers on clips?
6)The syncing facility on the mai timeline looks like a start of migrating MCD to the main timeline. How hard would it have been to migrate the other facilities of MCD to the timeline WRT syncing clips?
7) In MCD there is no way to delete segments from the "recording" track. Segments can be overwritten and the target camera can be changed, but it would be useful to be able to delete a segment as well.
8. Allow the preview and camera view panes to be resized. Currently the camera views are too small to pick up fine detail.

I regularly do multiple cameraI shoots and IMO, the addition of MCD alone in version 12 justified the purchase price I paid for the upgrade from V.11, but I think it needs to be completed.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 23. 2014 19:46

Scott Hendry
www.scotthendry.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
bonagege [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Italia, Lombardia GMT + 1 Joined: Jun 25, 2011 16:32 Messages: 187 Offline
[Post New]
"suggestions for the next version"
how to facilitate the editing process.
In order to improve the product would be very useful to increase the shortcut keys. In particular, as in Pinnacle Studio 14, the keys "A" and "S" allow you to cut and delete respectively on the left and right of the timeline slider, in a single operation.

Suggerimento molto importante per velocizzare il processo di editing : incrementare i tasti di scelta rapida. In particolare ,come avviene in Pinnacle Studio 14, i tasti "A" e "S" dividono e cancellano rispettivamente a sinistra e a destra della linea del cursore sulla timeline con 1 sola operazione anziché con 3. W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: One of the best feature CL ever put in PD was the Multi-Cam Designer. Unfortunately, it looks like they rushed the development and didn't complete it. Here's my suggestions for MCD
1) Allow a marker to be set on an imported audio track as is done for the video tracks, so that the imported audio can also be synced.
2)The timeline can be expanded (zoomed) like the main timeline in PD, but there is no facility to "view entire movie", that is, to view the full extent of the clips with a single click as is available on the main timeline.
3)Each track in the MCD timeline can contain one or MORE clips, but only ONE marker can be placed per track. It would be very useful to allow a separate marker on each clip and to identify the markers for syncing. The main timeline has identifiable markers so why not MCD?
4)As per #3, allow timeline markers in MCD as per the main timeline.
5)Currently there is a facility for syncing tracks in the main timeline, but only by the audio content. This looks like another rushed/partial implementation. If the clips to be synced have different or no audio, the syncing facility is essentially not useful. Where's the ability to sync by timecodes, file creation date or markers on clips?
6)The syncing facility on the mai timeline looks like a start of migrating MCD to the main timeline. How hard would it have been to migrate the other facilities of MCD to the timeline WRT syncing clips?
7) In MCD there is no way to delete segments from the "recording" track. Segments can be overwritten and the target camera can be changed, but it would be useful to be able to delete a segment as well.
8. Allow the preview and camera view panes to be resized. Currently the camera views are too small to pick up fine detail.

I regularly do multiple cameraI shoots and IMO, the addition of MCD alone in version 12 justified the purchase price I paid for the upgrade from V.11, but I think it needs to be completed.

Hi ScottFromOz,
You've raised some good points here and I have passed them onto CyberLink. Thanks Scott.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: "suggestions for the next version"
In order to improve the product would be very useful to increase the shortcut keys. In particular, as in Pinnacle Studio 14, the keys "A" and "S" allow you to cut and delete respectively on the left and right of the timeline slider, in a single operation.

Suggerimento molto importante per velocizzare il processo di editing : incrementare i tasti di scelta rapida. In particolare ,come avviene in Pinnacle Studio 14, i tasti "A" e "S" dividono e cancellano rispettivamente a sinistra e a destra della linea del cursore sulla timeline con 1 sola operazione anziché con 3.

Hi bonagege,
Thank you for the suggestion. I was wondering if you have tried out the Keyboard shortcuts and altered/customized them to what you want? Please view the attached images.
Dafydd

[Thumb - SD-2013-02-1082.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-1082.png
[Disk]
 Description
Locate keyboard shortcuts/customize
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3936 time(s)
[Thumb - SD-2013-02-1083.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-1083.png
[Disk]
 Description
Hotkeys
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3944 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2014 05:56

bonagege [Avatar]
[Post New]
for Dafydd
How to ease the process of editing
I have read the user guide, I suggest that the function does not exist, and must be designed and inserted in a future release or patch.
I am using an automatic translator, I hope to be understood. greetings

Per Dafydd
Come facilitare il processo di editing
Ho letto la guida utente, la funzione che suggerisco, non esiste, e deve essere progettata e inserita in una prossima versione o patch.
Sto usando un traduttore automatico, spero di essere capito. Saluti

W 10 64 , pc Dell XPS 8000 - core i7 2,8 GHz--ram 6 MB--GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB - SSD 256 + 2x630--area Pal
Pinnacle 14 - PD 9-13-17
marja3D [Avatar]
Newbie Location: France Joined: Jun 04, 2010 05:34 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
hello
Regarding the stereoscopic 3D it would be good to complete the module by the correction functions of automatic correction and rotation. (left versus right).
Indeed would be useful to use separate files from a rig with two camcorders.

kind regards
Jacques
marja3D
David MVP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2014 09:01 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello there, I would like to make some suggestions to plugin Multicam Designer (MD), first of all I would like to have a way to save the project in MD, because looks like mixing 4 cameras in MD overheat my pc and when I go back to PD crush so all my work is gone, working with 3 cameras is fine and never had problems.

Is funny but I also like to have more cameras to work with in MD right now is up to 4 but having 6 or 8 will be great, I know that will kill my pc now but having the option to save the project and a new pc with more graphic power will do the job.

Everything else is fine but the other suggestion sounds also great, I'll be deeply thankful if this accepted.

David
[Post New]
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html

PLEASE NOTE: For users of NVIDIA cards who have updated to graphics driver 340.43 or later, the video hardware acceleration feature in PowerDirector is no longer available. To re-enable hardware acceleration, please download and install an earlier driver.

Suggestion: Fix it. Also make clear if that applies to Quadro cards too (it does), because the driver link points to a GeForce driver.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2014 21:57

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
This is not a suggestion - just a response to David.

Quote: I also like to have more cameras to work with in MD right now is up to 4 but having 6 or 8 will be great

Not in MultiCam Designer (restricted to 4) but in the timeline, you can (according to the sales blurbs) mix up to 100 tracks. Who knows what that would do for your over heating???

Anyway - if you invest $30 000 or so in a pro-level work station you may be able to do it.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rcohen [Avatar]
Member Location: Smokey mountains, TN Joined: Oct 10, 2013 21:44 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Ooops wrong place. Please delete

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2014 23:16

RCMedia Services dot net
Most Anything Digital
David MVP [Avatar]
[Post New]
To ynotfish, working in the timeline is what I just to do it up to 10 cameras but it was to much work synchronizing cut and paste and lowering opacity to see the other cameras, the plugin multicam designer was a life saver even just working with one camera is more easy, any way my pc isn't the best, just a 3 year laptop so the new PCs has more memory and graphic power.

Right now I just wait to cool down the PC and then I go to time line is how I manage to solve the problem, before obviously I didn't knew that.

And this forum is to ask what we need it, if people just work with one camera even 2 cameras in multicam designer will be too much, but I do work with 4 to 6 cameras and even more if the program let me work with, Power director is a great program no need for a $30.000 work station

Thank you
David
David MVP [Avatar]
[Post New]
By the way I saw also that the time line has 100 tracks that you can synchronize by audio but there is no preview for each cam and you have to go cutting, etc etc to much work, far more ease in multicam.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi David MVP -

Sorry - I didn't know whether or not you were aware of the timeline sync feature. You're right - it has its drawbacks.

I was only being funny about the big gun work station, but it really is a huge load editing lots of tracks/camera angles.

Nor was I suggesting that you shouldn't have made the point about more flexibility in the MC module. Of course that's what this thread is for.

Just to put it through its paces, I did play with a 5 track mix to create a 4 minute MC collage (in the timeline). For that, I resized & masked each clip before editing, so preview wasn't an issue... but I absolutely see your point.

Might using shadow files for projects like that take a bit heat off your laptop?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote: "suggestions for the next version"

Suggerimento molto importante per velocizzare il processo di editing : incrementare i tasti di scelta rapida. In particolare ,come avviene in Pinnacle Studio 14, i tasti "A" e "S" dividono e cancellano rispettivamente a sinistra e a destra della linea del cursore sulla timeline con 1 sola operazione anziché con 3.

While PD has not this tool, you can use this I use a long time already, "PDSpeed​​" there topic about it,
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14452.page

Run the application that adds keyboard shortcuts to PD. ("S" - split,) ("D" - Split and cuts left) has other shortcuts, I use only these two.

Nota: Note: Run the application, will be active until you turn off the PC.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 26. 2015 19:45

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
David MVP [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Ynotfish.

You have a good point there with shadow files, I'd use in PD 8, but I had bad experience with that, now maybe I'll use again.

Just to let you know by that time while converting the pc slowdown big time and when the shadow files were ready the clip became black and lost projects, space in hard drive, also fragment the hard drive a lot and I stop using those, but I may try again when I have 4 cameras just to play safe.

Thanks
David
chuckpuckett [Avatar]
Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Suggestions in next posting...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2014 18:33

Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while"
http://www.puckettpublishing.com
http://www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com
chuckpuckett [Avatar]
Member Location: Alabama Joined: Jan 30, 2011 09:41 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, hit Submit too early:

• Video often comes in from recorders in separate clips, defined by file lengths. We then reconstruct the sequence by placing them sequentially in the time line. Often, I wish/need to crop a clip, effectively zooming in (let's say). It would be nice to have this crop applied to the whole track, or perhaps to all selected clips in the track. As it is, if I crop one clip, and want the same croppage applied to the next clip (to avoid a "jump"), I have to guesstimate, which, given the lack of precision cropping, still leaves a "jump"

• Speaking of cropping, I typically apply a crop to the whole clip. But if I crop the beginning, PD assumes I want some sort of "motion" applied to the cropping so that it roams back out as the clip proceeds. I am forced to Duplicate previous keypoint. Seems like the default behavior would be to apply the crop to the whole clip, with an option to have some sort of "motion". Or at least a Preference that allowed me to apply to the whole clip.

• This application of effects across a set of clips in a track would also be useful for all the Modify options. Basically, we should be able to treat all the clips in a track as a seamless whole for the purposes of editing.

• It's only an irritation, I guess, but PD does not remember where I "left it". I have two screens, one quite a bit larger. When PD starts, it always starts on the small screen, I have to move it the big boy. Better re-invocation memory would be nice.

• Currently, to Synch By Audio, all selected tracks/clips have to be video clips. To include an audio only clip (say, a mixed-down audio from a music video), I have to put the audio on a video track (that has no video). Seems reasonable to be able to put it on the Music track.

• When cropping, I would like to arbitrarily move the handles up/down/left/right. Seems to me that only the corner handles should proportionally expand the whole crop area. Why not allow just raise the top, lower the bottom, etc. The preview result window would show what was then seen.

• Provide some precision method of cropping and other "handle"-oriented editing. Grabbing and dragging handles is terribly imprecise. Specifying pixel widths or percentages (or other keyboard mechanisms) would give a very precise method of editing.

• When I exit, then return to a project, remember the folder where I left my last produced file

• Remember (and preselect) the format I last rendered with (this should be remembered regardless of what project is opened)

• May seem like lazy man request, but PD makes the higher track numbers the winner in occluding what is on lower tracks. A right mouse selection on a clip in a track to "Bring Forward" or some such would be nicer than manually moving clips to higher number tracks just to get then "in front for a while".

• In a similar vein, howsabout a right mouse "Clone Clip", which copies the currently selected clip (clips?) to available (or newly created) tracks, at the same timecode.

• When clips overlap on the screen, provide a "Merge Overlap", so that overlapped area shows both clips (ie, lower opacity on topmost clip). To do that today, would have to arbitrarily lower opacity on topmost clip, which effectively makes it fainter everywhere, not just the overlap region.
  • This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2014 18:43

Chuck Puckett
    "I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while"
    http://www.puckettpublishing.com
    http://www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com