Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Points on Subtitle
[Post New]
Hello,

PD13 has a wonderful feature of subtitle, but I have notice that there are some missing features like:

1. The user doesn't have a control on a text border, which he can decide the size of it.

2. The user doesn't have a control on a text position by mouse, he should control it by x & y

3. Subtitle doesn't support UTF-8 character, either if you save it as UTF-8 with notepad or third part app. like Subtitle Editor at http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit

Regards,

Yousef

Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
My main complaint with the subtitle editor is that it is extreeeeeeeeeeeeeemly sloooooooooooooow in almost every way. Even just selecting all of the lines of text takes up to 10 minutes (for example if I want to change the font size for all of the lines)! Before anyone asks, my system is by no means "bare bones", so that's not the reason.

Another complaint is that I can not offset the subtitles by a set amount of time, like have them start a little earlier or later. I have to do this in a free external program (which does it within a few seconds at the most).

A third problem is that although PD13 supports .srt files, it doesn't seem to know that an "i" enclosed in less-than-greater- than means turn italics on and the same series of characters with a backslash means turn italics off and just prints the symbols verbatim right with the text. Italics are used when talking is coming from off screen or from a TV, etc.

Anyway, the speed thing is the major thing. It is mind-bogglingly slow. Like, Commodore 64 emulator running on a Sinclair ZX80 slow. And THAT is slow!

Russell1967

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 25. 2015 19:23

System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive