Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdvd 10 will not play the starwars boxset
ord_mantell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2011 16:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Found it using the internal updater. By the way, that internal updater is HARD TO FIND! Yikes... Anyway, thanks for the update. Looking forward to trying it out!
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2011 07:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink-Michael :Im so sorry to tell you that the 100% one core usage still is a problem,nothing has changed!At least for me on my pc.
Peter [Avatar]
[Post New]
ive installed the 3322 patch of course.im running on Vista 32bit
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: CyberLink-Michael :Im so sorry to tell you that the 100% one core usage still is a problem,nothing has changed!At least for me on my pc.

Hi,
this issue is not reltated to POwerDVD - it is related to the copy protection used by those specific titles.
We are working with Fox to identify the root cause.

The issue has no influence on the playback

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Maybe it's time to revisit the usage of those useless copy protections, which are "cracked" a few days after each new release anyway, and which only annoy honest customers, and not the pirates.

Just my 2 cents to this... maybe you can work with the Fox about that too, Michael. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
Peter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear CyberLink-Michael ,we users gonna appreciate if your team can find something to solve it.Its just no good when someone have a 4 or 6 core cpu's,but only one utilized at 100 percent,the rest of at 1-2.Good luck for the investigation.
adamw264 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2011 15:03 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I had to enable the "Automatically connect to the internet for product information" then the updater found the patch.
It doesn't fix the 1 core overload, but the picture distortion is gone which is was the main issue. A little late (I already watched the movies using AnyDVD), but thanks Cyberlink.
Garry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2011 10:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The internal updater indicates no pathces are available. My version is 10.0.3306.54 so I should be able to update but I can't.

I can't manually download the patch as there's no link so any assistance would be appreciated, I have the "automatically connect ot the internet for product information" box checked.

I still can't watch the Star Wars box set and needless to say this will be my last Cyberlink purchase but if anyone can assist in getting PovwerDvD10 ultra II working I would be most grateful.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Garry,

I'am afraid that your platform may has other issues than the ones reported here.

Do you use retail or OEM version of POwerDVD 10?

The available patches for PowerDVD are found here:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-update.do

there is also a link on top of this page under "Support"

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
español [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2011 16:32 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18957.page