Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cyberlink clqtkernelclient32 has stopped working
Anthyon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2013 13:53 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Good call Thurston.. The obvious solution..

I hate to say it guys. BUT 99% of the information in this thread is pointless and nothing more than guessing and random shots in the dark.

VERY time consuming shots in the dark too for anyone who tries to follow it. Not to mention that its telling the average person to do things they should not be messing with. I feel awful for the original poster who installed PD like 5 times. The only reason he actually solved the problem is because his quick time was updated with win8 and he doesn't even know it.

In the interest of customer service and accurate information the whole thing(thread) should be deleted except for Thurston's post. The rest is just leading people on an insanely time consuming wild goose chase that has no relevance to the problem. .
WildWayz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Dec 03, 2012 17:11 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Good call Thurston.. The obvious solution..

I hate to say it guys. BUT 99% of the information in this thread is pointless and nothing more than guessing and random shots in the dark.

VERY time consuming shots in the dark too for anyone who tries to follow it. Not to mention that its telling the average person to do things they should not be messing with. I feel awful for the original poster who installed PD like 5 times. The only reason he actually solved the problem is because his quick time was updated with win8 and he doesn't even know it.

In the interest of customer service and accurate information the whole thing(thread) should be deleted except for Thurston's post. The rest is just leading people on an insanely time consuming wild goose chase that has no relevance to the problem. .

Actually, my problem was nothing to do with Windows 8. I replicated it in Windows 7 too. The problem is when working with SSD and SATA drives and doing a custom install of Windows where you relocate (at install) Program Files AND Users folders to a seperate hard drive and not the default SSD drive.

I've worked in IT for 16 years - not your average Joe Blogs. I have access to lots of test environments and spent a long time testing the install and linked it to PD not liking Program Files being in a non-standard location
Anthyon [Avatar]
[Post New]
True yet you did do everything correctly. Your issue was quicktime. I also am a certified Microsoft systems engineer and administrator. This was not your problem.

But your up and running none the less. So that's good. But its new "consumer oriented" users that shouldn't be trying such impressive feats with the OS. a quitetime update generally will fix this in 2 minutes.
WildWayz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Dec 03, 2012 17:11 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
lol it wasn't quicktime. I had the latest installed

I also did an install of PD without Quicktime, downloaded it from apples site and tried again.

When I installed this system, I did exactly what I did before, but only moved the Users folder, and all was fine with the DEFAULT Quicktime that came with PD

Yes, some situations QT would fix the issue, but not this one
Anthyon [Avatar]
[Post New]
You hafto do the install with quicktime. Then update quicktime. This I've experienced on 3 seperate 64 bit systems of my own. As well as with 2 small production studios I work closely with. Thats all I can say is that an update fixed it eveytime on my end. And most likely would fix others.

*edited to correct my sloppy phone generated typo's

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 13. 2013 15:24

Anthyon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry didn't have too much time earlier,

But just to offer some more information to those who are having the “simple” version of this issue.

One can trouble shoot it easily.

Typically it seems to stem from a corrupt install of “apple application support” (or some component of).
When I said “install PD with quick time”. And then “update” quick time. What I meant is actually install the full boat PD including QuickTime. Then go to apple, download the latest QuickTime install and allow it to “remove” the previous install and reinstall itself entirely (repair/modify will not work to solve the issue), where by reinstalling “apple application support”. I assume one could likely skip the PD QuickTime installation and just do their own QT installation after but this I have not specifically done.

So.

**To reproduce the issue on a PD installation that’s not experiencing the problem (assuming QuickTime was installed) one can go into the control panel and uninstall “apple application support” and you should receive the error from that point forward when starting PD.

If one is already suffering from the issue its easy to confirm the source of the problem by going to the control panel to see if “apple applications support” is installed. If not then there's your problem. If it is installed then uninstalling QuickTime completely should at least allow PD to start without error. This too will confirm the issue.

If that’s the case then you simply reinstall QuickTime in its entirety allowing it to remove the initial installation first.

This for me is 100% percent reproducible on windows 7 64 bit systems. (although I am not certain windows 7 or the fact that it’s a 64 bit system are relevant to the issue).

Im inclined to think that the QT install included with download version of PD is possibly corrupt and/or mildly damaged.. Either that or the qt install included with PD is just outdated and not handled well by 64 bit systems. I have not checked that personally. I have only solved the issue then moved on.
Sardar Abdullah [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 11, 2013 05:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I myself am getting an error message "Cyberlink CLQTKernellClient32 has stopped working" and tried mybest everything to remove the problem , but nothing works. Searched google and found Cyberlink forums... came here and looking at all the threads and seeing the misery the Cyberlink customers are going through is ridicoulus. I mean the professionals haven't got a clue about the exact cause of the problem and are proposing one solution after another and the custumers have no option but to try whatever they say and in the end everyone says that the problem is still there. Its a circus ... I am giving up and going out of this SOLUTION room right now.... best of luck to all the sufferers including me....

Cyberlink get your act together , build a nice software and then sell it in the market... don't sell rubbish which is more irritating , time wasting and productivity reducing ( Just the opposite of what we install it for ). Thanks for wasting our days....
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I myself am getting an error message "Cyberlink CLQTKernellClient32 has stopped working" and tried mybest everything to remove the problem , but nothing works. Searched google and found Cyberlink forums... came here and looking at all the threads and seeing the misery the Cyberlink customers are going through is ridicoulus. I mean the professionals haven't got a clue about the exact cause of the problem and are proposing one solution after another and the custumers have no option but to try whatever they say and in the end everyone says that the problem is still there. Its a circus ... I am giving up and going out of this SOLUTION room right now.... best of luck to all the sufferers including me....

Cyberlink get your act together , build a nice software and then sell it in the market... don't sell rubbish which is more irritating , time wasting and productivity reducing ( Just the opposite of what we install it for ). Thanks for wasting our days....

Other post removed from http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/27878.page :
Quote: I myself am getting an error message "Cyberlink CLQTKernellClient32 has stopped working" and tried mybest everything to remove the problem , but nothing works. Searched google and found Cyberlink forums... came here and looking at all the threads and seeing the misery the Cyberlink customers are going through is ridicoulus. I mean the professionals haven't got a clue about the exact cause of the problem and are proposing one solution after another and the custumers have no option but to try whatever they say and in the end everyone says that the problem is still there. Its a circus ... I am giving up and going out of this SOLUTION room right now.... best of luck to all the sufferers including me....

I had this error message a while back when I installed PDR11 onto a clean system, running W8. I did the QT update and the issue wasn't fixed. I then uninstalled PDR11 and reinstalled. The issue was fixed for me.

Sardar Abdullah, The members here answer issues and provide solutions. Had you posted your issue as a new topic, giving your diagnostic data you may have been helped. If you opt to add a new post then members will have the opportunity to answer you. For a novice, error messages can be scary. Most issues can be fixed, you just have to work through how members guide you.

Thread locked.

Forum Moderator

New topic link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=110
Version used and Diagnostic data: Part A, B: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page
Guide for Sardar Abdullah to read: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24769.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2013 06:38