Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 Workaround for Error Code 800401F9 / Access Storage drive - Workaround
ymo1965
Newbie Location: Peterborough, UK Joined: May 13, 2012 03:24 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Whether it was Cyberlinks decision to infuse this premuim priced software with this filth is anyone's guess. Could be Cyberlink or could be pressure from the movie industry. After I pay hard earned ca$h for this software I don't expect to be greeted with stupid messages in the top-left of the screen after 20mins running time telling me the sounds been muted. Is this the thanks we get for buying your original movie. This hobby is getting more expensive by the minute and not helped by Cyberlinks incessant advertising and 'final sale!' messages for software I clearly don't need. Wait a month and they'll be another 'final sale!'. The demo of PDVD12 doesn't even work on my machine anyway. Tells me it can't detect my 3D vision hardware and selects anaglyph instead. It's not like I need an upgrade anyway. All the functionality I need is in PDVD11 thank you and good night!! All PDVD12 has is bloated networking and from what I gather, turns non 3D blu-ray into fake 3D. Yeh, well worth paying £30+ for... and a nice Cinavia bonus lol. My next player will be a hardware one, of that I am sure. It's horses for courses really, you pays your money and takes your choice. Not for me however...
ymo1965
Newbie Location: Peterborough, UK Joined: May 13, 2012 03:24 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot believe this. I have just received a reply to my original ticket raised about the issue I have been experiencing with this 'region zero' problem. I told cyberlink of my woes, included the genuine serial key as part of the form fill. Now they write back asking me to provide MORE details and proof. This company is an absolute joke. I refuse to deal with them again. Here's my reply.

"I have already given you my serial number when I wrote to you. Its a genuine serial number and I don't see why I should continue to wait more days for your replies. I have a working hot-fix version anyway now thanks to the forum posts. Cyberlink is taking far too long responding to genuine paying customers for an issue that should of been addressed day1. What is it about my serial number that shines doubt on me being a genuine customer??

Only genuine full serials keys work with this hot-fixed version.. together with clearance on the server when installed. That's all the proof you need. "

:/

DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
you guys received a response from cyberlink saying that you use your old cd-key?

they gave me a new one.

now, that's interesting...

or maybe because mine is an upgrade...
ymo1965
[Post New]
The key I used was the one that was provided when I purchased PDVD11. So far as I know, only full install keys worked with the hot-fix version. So, sounds like they gave you a new one because your upgrade key wouldn't work. How long did they give you the run around?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2013 13:33

Noguffay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2011 19:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The key I used was the one that was provided when I purchased PDVD11. So far as I know, only full install keys worked with the hot-fix version. So, sounds like they gave you a new one because your upgrade key wouldn't work. How long did they give you the run around?

I'm in agreament with you on that point.

I've been waiting for three days for my new key. As I have mentioned, I have only an "upgrade of PDVD 11 Ultra" key.
ymo1965
[Post New]
If they're so bloody paranoid about piracy and the dodgy ways people are supposed to be using there product keys, why don't they record the purchasers IP address at the time of transaction. If memory serves me right, Blizzard do with this with peoples accounts with warcraft. It may not be the best solution but anythings better than this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2013 13:52

DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The key I used was the one that was provided when I purchased PDVD11. So far as I know, only full install keys worked with the hot-fix version. So, sounds like they gave you a new one because your upgrade key wouldn't work. How long did they give you the run around?

13 days after the day i sent the initial ticket.

i just installed the workaround installer.

region code changes remaining is still zero.

blu-rays still play, just like with 2608. (that's what i did when this whole problem popped up. uninstalled pdvd11 and reinstalled up to 2608 which worked out fine.)

ymo1965
[Post New]
I have done a fresh installation of windows 7 64bit, installed all other drivers and software including PDVD11 ultra and backed up the entire boot partition with 'r-drive image'. If I get another problem in future, I am just restoring the backup. At least then I don't have to keep activating the serial key and get that annoying 'exceeding the use of serial key' which would take another week to clear up :/
VaNilla [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2013 07:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Just in case Cyberlink are checking out the thread, here's my specifications. Fully working BD's, no error codes and I got my region code access back with 4 tries left.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Intel i7 950
Nvidia GTX 580
6GB DDR3 Ram
Asus Xonar DX (soundcard)
2 disc drives (DVD RW and Blu-Ray RW).

All of the latest drivers are installed. Disabled MoovieLive because shovelware sucks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2013 14:07

Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: If they're so bloody paranoid about piracy and the dodgy ways people are supposed to be using there product keys, why don't they record the purchasers IP address at the time of transaction. If memory serves me right, Blizzard do with this with peoples accounts with warcraft. It may not be the best solution but anythings better than this.

Oh be assured, they(Cyberlink) have "all" the info they need on the people complaining about this issue, and then some.
helpless user [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2013 07:05 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
The 'good' customer service here has one result for me.

When I move in the summer I will get a new home cinema system. Costs more than the software I use now, but than I have hardware player and speakers to use on my TV. No need to buy an upgrade every 2 years.
PowerDVD 11 ultra was the last software I bought from this company. Another lontime customer gone cyberlink, only cause of your lacking interest in customers.
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
You see Cyber-Mike......building hostilities. What are you guys...lock up in a shanty town, backwoods, third world, blackmarket company sweat shop? Get the F off your @#S and make a genuine apologetic statement.
GrantRi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2013 19:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Support Ticket: CS001241499

I gave everything they asked for, and the first response back was straight from the book: Send us you DxDiag and screen shots. They should have a patch out now. It doesn't need to patch the whole product, just the broken region code. This misery is exactly why my wife hates Blu-ray and will never touch DRM.

Please hurry Cyber-Mike and hook me up!
Periander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2013 00:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Submitted support query today, but really wanted to watch GoT S2 on blu-ray this weekend so I hunted for and found the FTP link for the fix.

Worked for me. Had to put in my CD key though.

Pretty silly, they should have just fixed it and made it work for upgrades and original keys, and just given us all a link for it. When they verify the keys, that's the point for them to put up the big red hand to the non-legitimate users (pirates).
ymo1965
[Post New]
I think cyberlink are a little nervous posting a full version for all to see and download. Seems they just want the paying customers to be the ones only to download it. Worried about people cracking it maybe.

My problem does lie with the time it's taken them to address this problem, although it probably was a b*itch to fix... who knows. My main grumble is from there heavy handed approach to customers proof of purchase (hell, I don't even have the receipt for PDVD11... bought it absolute years ago). It's also the actual time they took before they even respond to your tickets. With 100s if not 1000s of users and a slow response time to each one, this is gonna hang around there necks for some time to come. It's all been done too casual like for my tastes. There's also the problem with you submitting your key in the ticket, then they take several days to respond, then ask for more info which delays things even more. There communication skills leave a lot to be desired. Maybe they should take a leaf out of Slysoft's book. Now there's a company with real PR skills. Heck, they've spent the past 2 days on the forums with users asking them to test out 4 beta's of there anydvd program. Asking for feedback and information about problems and other issues. That's 4 betas in about 2 days. Amazing!! take note cyberlink!! it's a real community spirit... and a breath of fresh air I can tell you!

I recently triggered an 'exceeded activations' error because I was trying things to get this 'zero region' problem fixed. Took them ages to reset it for me. Wanted screen grabs of me entering the key etc. So now, I have done a fresh installation of PDVD11 and O/S and backed up the entire boot partition. So if things do go pear shaped again, I just restore my backup without ever sending another ticket again. 'R-drive image' is a great program for system backups and highly recommended.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 09. 2013 01:39

Howling Murf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2011 23:13 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
So I'm confused, are we supposed to be using the ftp version of the update that was posted earlier in this thread or are we to wait for each individual ticket to be answered.

I responded just like Cyber Mike asked and my ticket hasn't received a response in 4 days.

Is everyone having success with that ftp update link with their own activation key?
ymo1965
[Post New]
I think what happened was the ftp link is given in private to each person sending a ticket. The ftp was posted on the forum when in reality it probably shouldnt of been... at least not in the eyes of cyberlink. It was only posted here to help users avoid a hellish wait. They didn't want the ftp link posted I imagine to avoid non paying users getting there hands on it. If there response time was much faster... hyperspace like, it wouldn't of come to this. Cyberlink, make it so

I can tell you that it does work... for me at least. Only issue I had was the 'zero region changes'. Worked a treat for me. Until maybe micro$oft bugger things up again by posting one of there updates and break PDVD. Everyone has different hardware, not really one pc the same.... so one success, maybe a failure for another. I keep my fingers crossed for other users out there.

weakset [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2013 11:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I got same answer: link to that test build and CD key.

This time it wasn't direct ftp link, but it was instead http protected with htaccess or similar unlinkable authentication.

My own PDVD11 key was full, not upgrade, but I didn't try it since support asked me to use new one.

But the result is that it works for my discs. Only funny thing is that it shows my BD region to be A, but the disc is region B and it didn't ask me to make a change. I have no region A discs, so I cant test what they would say.

While waiting the answer I did install those Windows updates that was scapegoated before, and they had no effect. They didn't solve the problem nor did make it worse. I'm still convinced that it was instead PoverDVD specific DRM expiration issue, until someone proves otherwise. I watched a bluray with trial-version of a different providers bluray software and it hadn't got any problems.

But the problem is solved in my case and I keep using this PDVD11 for an another year.
IdeasMan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2012 21:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I tried that FTP file linked to in a number of places in this forum and it worked for me too. I didn't bother contacting support, and my license was a full PowerDVD 11 Ultra license.

Thanks to those who posted the FTP link, it worked a treat for me
Jonathan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2013 11:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
So... after sending them the screen shots of the error message and the dxdiag info they tell me they are going to escalate my problem and let me know when a fix for the issue has been found.

Oh, wonderful. In the meantime....

I think it's odd that there was no mention of the "hotfix."
VaNilla [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2013 07:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've tested this over the last couple of days and it works perfectly. The issue is that they have to go through rigorious QA in order to make sure it works on a variety of different setups. That's obvious to anyone with developer experience but they haven't communicated this very well to their customers. How hard would it be to send an email to people with PDVD11/Ultra keys telling them that they have a patch in the works?

It took me a long time to find this thread, and I'm pretty experienced. Your average consumer is not going to find it, and they probably wont bother with the support, they'll switch to another product instead. You don't want to lose customers on the basis of lacking communication.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 09. 2013 07:17