Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 7 build 2105 update patch now available
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 7
2008-09-22

Updates: This update file updates PowerDirector 7 to PowerDirector 7 build 2105. For PowerDirector retail and online purchase versions only.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_ENU.html

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2008 12:07

Bosquet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2006 20:48 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to install build 2105, but I received the message that it isn't for trial versions of PD7, which I know; however, I don't have the trial version, I have the downloaded, fully paid for version of PD7 Ultra. How can I verify if I have the right version, other than <properties> <about Cyberlink Powerdirector> ??

Thanks
Chris_K_T [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2008 22:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This installed OK, but can't seem to load my project. 1915 loaded it in about a minute. So far its been over 10....
Kai Toedter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2008 06:49 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
This build rocks! This is the first version of PD7 that successfully created a 1920x1080 H.264 AVCHD DVD with menus, using the m2ts clips from my Canon HF100.

Thanks a lot!

Kai
[Post New]
Hasn't seemed to really help with Panasonic AVCHD .MTS files. Still very slow. Will give it a workout tonight.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2008 04:31

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
pjc - I have sent you a PM yesterday - I've had no reply or email from you. I indicated in my post re the AVCHD Panasonic SD9 .mts file issue a solution would be available today. It is and I have it... I have tested it and it works!

1. Update PD7 to 2105 build
2. send me a reply to my PM
3. I will then send you a small file that will solve the issue "pretty darn quick"

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2008 05:43

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector
PDR.exe > right Click > properties > version tab

Dafydd

Quote: I tried to install build 2105, but I received the message that it isn't for trial versions of PD7, which I know; however, I don't have the trial version, I have the downloaded, fully paid for version of PD7 Ultra. How can I verify if I have the right version, other than <properties> <about Cyberlink Powerdirector> ??

Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: This installed OK, but can't seem to load my project. 1915 loaded it in about a minute. So far its been over 10....

More details please Chris. This may need to be further investigated by RD at CyberLink. Additional info required first though.

As there are quite a few "Chris'" on the forum... might be worth altering your Profile.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
[Post New]
Quote: pjc - I have sent you a PM yesterday - I've had no reply or email from you. I indicated in my post re the AVCHD Panasonic SD9 .mts file issue a solution would be available today. It is and I have it... I have tested it and it works!

3. I will then send you a small file that will solve the issue "pretty darn quick"

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Thanks Dafydd

Have PMed you.

Laszlo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2008 16:59 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem as Bosquet: I downloaded the trial version of PD7 Ultra then purchased the full product and installed the Trial Activation Pack as instructed. The program works now but when I want to apply the 2105 build, I get the message that it works only on full version and mine is trial version. Is there a solution to this "glitch"?
Laszlo
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I have the same problem as Bosquet: I downloaded the trial version of PD7 Ultra then purchased the full product and installed the Trial Activation Pack as instructed. The program works now but when I want to apply the 2105 build, I get the message that it works only on full version and mine is trial version. Is there a solution to this "glitch"?
Laszlo

Laszlo
Glitch - Looks like it. I've contacted CS and I have sent you and Bosquet PM's.
Dafydd
[Moderator]
[Post New]
Quote: pjc - I have sent you a PM yesterday - I've had no reply or email from you. I indicated in my post re the AVCHD Panasonic SD9 .mts file issue a solution would be available today. It is and I have it... I have tested it and it works!

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Replied on other thread (sorry for double posting). All working well. Thanks
Chris_K_T [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2008 22:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Chris wrote:
This installed OK, but can't seem to load my project. 1915 loaded it in about a minute. So far its been over 10....

More details please Chris. This may need to be further investigated by RD at CyberLink. Additional info required first though.

Dafydd wrote:
As there are quite a few "Chris'" on the forum... might be worth altering your Profile.

OK. It never did finish. I killed it after 1/2 hour or so, still at 35%. I fixed it in the end by hacking the pds file's XML code to removed my published output from the library, which PD7 seems to add automatically. This video is about an hour of HF100 AVCHD when produced. Removing the reference to it in the library allowed the loading to complete. Hacking the pds files seems like a poor solution though.
goggles99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2008 04:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Does this version have the ATI Avivo (UVD 2) h.264 hardware acceleration that is supposed to be released in Q3 of this year? (it's nearly Q4)

Here is the press release that says it is supposed to be released now
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/company/press-news-content.do?pid=1756

I didn't see anything in the release notes about this. I was waiting for this feature before purchasing the software.

Thank you
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
CyberLink PowerDirector to Support NVIDIA CUDA Technology for Optimizing HD Video Editing Performance

Taipei, Taiwan—September 24, 2008—CyberLink Corporation (5203.TW), an innovative solution provider for the connected digital lifestyle, announced today its collaboration with NVIDIA to optimize the performance of video editing software CyberLink PowerDirector to provide faster editing of HD video by using NVIDIA CUDA™ technology to tap in to the power of the graphics processing unit (GPU) .

With NVIDIA CUDA technology, CyberLink PowerDirector delivers much faster video rendering performance and improved user experience in processing HD videos with advanced video effects such as Gaussian radial blur, pen ink, and others. CUDA technology is a programming environment based on the industry-standard C-language that enables developers to dramatically speed up applications by harnessing the massively parallel architecture of the GPU.

"Videos today are largely adopted by consumers in their daily lives to share, communicate, and express themselves to their friends or to the world,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “PowerDirector offers advanced, yet user-friendly, video editing capabilities that let consumers express themselves creatively. We are very pleased with the accelerated performance we're achieving using NVIDIA's CUDA technology, which will improve our user's experience by letting them produce video content faster and easier.”

“Adding advanced video effects that simplify and enhance the creative experience requires a tremendous amount of raw processing power. The extreme computing capabilities of NVIDIA's CUDA-ready GeForce GPUs provide the perfect platform for innovative developers like CyberLink to improve how consumers creatively manage and share their growing libraries of video.” said Michael Steele, General Manager, Visual Consumer Solutions at NVIDIA. “Power Director 7 clearly makes video editing easier and more powerful. We're excited to help enable this for consumers and look forward to CyberLink's continued innovation with CUDA and GeForce processors for other exciting consumer video and imaging tools.

Product Availability
CyberLink PowerDirector with support for CUDA Technology will be available in Q4 2008. In the meantime, CyberLink will continue to expand the utilization of CUDA on other CyberLink applications.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 24. 2008 09:19

David (X9) [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Wales, UK Joined: Aug 22, 2008 19:58 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Freezeframe works now - I am very pleased.

Just tried freezeframe with my AVCHD clip - excellent.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: OK. It never did finish. I killed it after 1/2 hour or so, still at 35%. I fixed it in the end by hacking the pds file's XML code to removed my published output from the library, which PD7 seems to add automatically. This video is about an hour of HF100 AVCHD when produced. Removing the reference to it in the library allowed the loading to complete. Hacking the pds files seems like a poor solution though.

Hi Chris,
That issue appears more to do with a corrupt pds than anything else. Use NotePad or WordPad to open the pds file.
I'm glad you resolved the issue.
Dafydd
Laszlo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2008 16:59 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd for your quick help! After providing my purchase information, I got access to a down-load site for the latest fullt version with the 2105 build incorporated in it.

Laszlo
goggles99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2008 04:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, but what does this mean exactly?
From what I understand... Avivo is a piece of hardware dedicated to one task and one task alone. It is nothing like CUDA
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2008 00:55 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Will the Nvidia CUDA support for Powerdirector be in the form of an update patch or a new version?

I just purchased PD7 Ultra and would really like to know if it was for not. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a patch/update.