Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cannot launch resolution lower 1024 x 768 or connected to portrait monitor.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Good Job!!

I changed my font size to 150% and PhotoDirector wouldn't open, same error message!!

Glad that you stuck with it to figure it out for yourself. As you found out...making changes here and there on your system does make it difficult to narrow down the root cause of the problem. It ended up as being a difference on your system that made the difference.

I suppose we could have asked...."What changes have you made on your system that is not "Standard"? That would be difficult for anyone to answer because you could have made the change ages ago!!!

Nice work!! I learned something today!! THANKS!!!

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2013 14:25

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
FWIW:

Audio Director DOES open with setting at 150%. Only Photo Director does not open at 150%.
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Update:

I have been informed that Cyberlink was able to duplicate the issue.

A patch to fix the problem will be released late March or early April.

Kevin
rp0156 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2013 17:00 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks again
Maybe this will be a help to others as we use larger and larger monitors.
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
I think everyone should be thanking you since you figured out the solution.

Could you add the word " Solved" in your topic header? That might help others if they also are experiencing the same problem.

Than you again!

Kevin
rsigmon24
Newbie Location: Princeton,West Virginia Joined: Aug 02, 2011 12:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I too am trying to launch Photdirector 4 for the first time and am getting the same screeen resolution error message. Photodirector does noteven try to launch. I am running windows 7 64 bit. GO MOUNTAINEERS !
[Post New]
Hello rsigmon24 ,

Does the font size "fix" not work for you? http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/26596.page#144871

Hopefully the issue will be corrected in the next patch update.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Keith [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2013 17:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issue. I contacted tech support and they are asking me to try all sorts of things and to send a bunch of information. I tried setting the font size to 125% and it worked!

Maybe their tech support needs to look at this forum and stop wasting their customer's time by sending them on a wild goose chase.

Thanks guys!!!!
rsigmon24
Newbie Location: Princeton,West Virginia Joined: Aug 02, 2011 12:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I agree totally. It seems like each time I have problems, I find simple solutions here while tech support takes a road to who knows where. The lower setting of the font size worked for me, and it would seem like tech support never reads these forums. They could learn somethng from us. GO MOUNTAINEERS !