Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unacceptable individual - A lesson in how NOT TO post. Members react to rant.
guest [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2010 13:22 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Subject: Fed up with this crap software

This PD software is a pile of SHI*, I paid good money for it and I can't get it to burn a DVD, I have tried producing it in every format that is listed, click burn and the dam* thing burns for 17 seconds the say burn unsuccessful, I have wasted 10 DVD's because of this piece of Shi* software.

I have Ulead DVD Movie Factory 5 but it doesn't do green screen, and it runs circles around this so called movie producing Bull Shi* PD8, whats next putting a gun to somebodys head and taking their money.

So I will do my green screening in this piece of shi* PD8 and burn it with REAL burning software, This is the last time you thieves get any money out of me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2010 07:00

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
You're talking to the wrong guys. The members of this forum are not CyberLink representatives. We're just users like you.

Now that you realise that, you could just click EDIT, change the tone of your language & someone might offer you some advice.

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmmm.... Ron,

I hope my kids don't read this. I have taught my two year olds to ask for help or express frustration in a far more constructive way. After reading the rant, I am not inclined to offer anything...

All I can say is this. Power Director runs superbly on my system and I have burned many discs without a problem.

How old are you exactly "Ron"?

It causes me to wonder at times what is happening with people in this world.

Looking forward to assisting users of the software that are having issues....but that can express and articulate it in a civilized way.

Just my thoughts....I am sure they are irrelevant to "Ron".

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2010 15:19

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hmmmm.... Ron,

I hope my kids don't read this. I have taught my two year olds to ask for help or express frustration in a far more constructive way. After reading the rant, I am not inclined to offer anything...

All I can say is this. Power Director runs superbly on my system and I have burned many discs without a problem.

How old are you exactly "Ron"?

It causes me to wonder at times what is happening with people in this world.

Looking forward to assisting users of the software that are having issues....but that can express and articulate it in a civilized way.

Just my thoughts....I am sure they are irrelevant to "Ron".

If you are worried about your two year old reading it, then delete it, I thought it would be by the time I posted it anyway. we wouldn't want those people that are having the same problems with PD8 as I am to think that PD8 is a pile of shit now would we?

How old does it make you look arguing with me?
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Just one little follow up....

I can't delete your post as I am just a delighted user of the software, I don't have the ability, power or desire to delete your post.

If I did have the power to delete your post....I wouldn't delete it as it serves as an excellent example for other people in this forum as how not to post a concern or question regarding solving an issue using Power Director. If a person might be interested in getting assistance with a problem they will now clearly see how not to pursue by the example you have left.

Sometimes the best example is letting others see an inappropriate one that lacks substance and credibility.

And actually, I look pretty good not arguing with you.....but I also have invested a couple of years helping other users learn the software in this very friendly and helpful forum.

What have you done with your time in this forum?

You clearly don't need to respond to that question as you have left your minor mark within it.

You will do better to move on.

I am also quite confident that the tone and content of any of your subsequent posts in this topic will be very predictable.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2010 21:31

guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Just one little follow up....

I can't delete your post as I am just a delighted user of the software, I don't have the ability, power or desire to delete your post.

If I did have the power to delete your post....I wouldn't delete it as it serves as an excellent example for other people in this forum as how not to post a concern or question regarding solving an issue using Power Director. If a person might be interested in getting assistance with a problem they will now clearly see how not to pursue by the example you have left.

Sometimes the best example is letting others see an inappropriate one that lacks substance and credibility.

And actually, I look pretty good not arguing with you.....but I also have invested a couple of years helping other users learn the software in this very friendly and helpful forum.

What have you done with your time in this forum?

You clearly don't need to respond to that question as you have left your minor mark within it.

You will do better to move on.

Kevin

You move on first.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 20. 2010 17:32

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
You move on first.

It's a bit like kindergarten school - I wonder if Mr. Guest's first name is "Unwelcome" ? Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
:
guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: :

Are you still here, I though you were going to move along, I know there is others that can't burn a DVD and needs help with your BS PD8.
guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you can pull your head out of my butt long enough here is somebody in need of your expert help
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/12550.page
Here is another on
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/12880.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2010 17:56

Larryva [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2010 17:50 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I would just like to say that I bought the full version of Powerdirector 8.0 and for the price I am very pleased. I do not feel that it is alot of money compared to some other products that sell for much more. I could never code a piece of software like this and so I am gratefull that for just under $100.00 I am able to create awesome home videos. That said, I also feel the pain of software in-compatibilities. I am a systems engineer and i have to admit, I have laid into Microsoft technicians on more than one occasion. Yes, I have completely lost it when I have become totally frustrated. I can understand frustration as I have been guilty of blowing up myself. Sometimes just walking away and coming back to an issue can lead into very Positive results.

Heres my recomendation:

1. Have you tried updating your DVD hardware with the latest drivers?
2. Walk into any Best Buy and Purchase a DVD burner, Perhaps even a USB one so that you dont have to open the computer case. See if it works..If Not you can return it for a FULL refund!!! No money wasted...

I know, you do have a DVD but if updating drivers dont work, try a different model. They are so cheap that your time is way more valuable than figuring out what the heck kind of driver issues or compatibility issues are happening with your current DVD.

Beleive me, I am sure that there is a DVD burner available that WILL work with your setup. But only purchase a DVD burner frm a repuatable store so that you can return it if it doesnt work..

My 2 cents...
Larryva [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2010 17:50 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a great suggestion from one of the Links you provided:

Hi. Sometimes, I get the same error message. To avoid that, I don't burn the movie directly to a DVD. I'm burning it first to a folder. When this is done, I'm burning the content from this folder to a DVD with Imgburn

Have you tried this? Can you burn ditrectly from a file?

guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I would just like to say that I bought the full version of Powerdirector 8.0 and for the price I am very pleased. I do not feel that it is alot of money compared to some other products that sell for much more. I could never code a piece of software like this and so I am gratefull that for just under $100.00 I am able to create awesome home videos. That said, I also feel the pain of software in-compatibilities. I am a systems engineer and i have to admit, I have laid into Microsoft technicians on more than one occasion. Yes, I have completely lost it when I have become totally frustrated. I can understand frustration as I have been guilty of blowing up myself. Sometimes just walking away and coming back to an issue can lead into very Positive results.

Heres my recomendation:

1. Have you tried updating your DVD hardware with the latest drivers?
2. Walk into any Best Buy and Purchase a DVD burner, Perhaps even a USB one so that you dont have to open the computer case. See if it works..If Not you can return it for a FULL refund!!! No money wasted...

I know, you do have a DVD but if updating drivers dont work, try a different model. They are so cheap that your time is way more valuable than figuring out what the heck kind of driver issues or compatibility issues are happening with your current DVD.

Beleive me, I am sure that there is a DVD burner available that WILL work with your setup. But only purchase a DVD burner frm a repuatable store so that you can return it if it doesnt work..

My 2 cents...

Thanks for the understanding, I accessed this forum through Cyberlink.com so I though it was part of CyberLink and I had an opinion, but the only ones to respond got all issed off like they owned CyberLink ,it had nothing to do with them but they made it all about them.

Yes I burned the mpeg2 file with Power2go and when I tried to play it in my DVD player to my tv it said can't play disk, I pressed play on my remote and it started playing. I am going to try it in REAL software Ulead DVD Movie Factory next.

Thank you
Ron
guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
Movie Factory burnt it NO problem, tried it in two DVD players played No problem.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the understanding, I accessed this forum through Cyberlink.com so I though it was part of CyberLink and I had an opinion, but the only ones to respond got all issed off like they owned CyberLink ,it had nothing to do with them but they made it all about them.

So you didn't post on the forum with the intention of seeking help, but to just whinge and complain about CyberLink, wrong place for complaints, you need to complain to Technical Support and they will provide you with all the support you deserve.
This forum is provided by CyberLink for CyberLink product users to seek assistance from other users, the forum is controlled by moderators who are not CyberLink employees. CyberLink do not monitor or post replies on this forum.

Maybe 1 in 5000 users experience burning issues, in nearly every case, it is not the product, but your computer set-up the causes the problem, a clash of codecs because you have other burning software installed, corrupt video or audio files are the main reasons for unsuccessful burning, have you tried producing your movie first, then burning.

Anyway, you have made your position clear in that you do not require assistance from experienced users to try to resolve your problem, you are quite happy to spend the rest of your life whinging and complaining about issues which can be resolved, if you were to provide the relevant information. Oh, by the way, I also have Ulead DVD Movie factory and visit their forums on a regular basis and you know, they have more complaints about burning, than this CyberLink forum.

You won't be back will you, because any future posts you create, will not receive any response from us.

Goodbye and happy whinging on other forums

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

So you didn't post on the forum with the intention of seeking help, but to just whinge and complain about CyberLink, wrong place for complaints, you need to complain to Technical Support and they will provide you with all the support you deserve.
This forum is provided by CyberLink for CyberLink product users to seek assistance from other users, the forum is controlled by moderators who are not CyberLink employees. CyberLink do not monitor or post replies on this forum.

Maybe 1 in 5000 users experience burning issues, in nearly every case, it is not the product, but your computer set-up the causes the problem, a clash of codecs because you have other burning software installed, corrupt video or audio files are the main reasons for unsuccessful burning, have you tried producing your movie first, then burning.

Anyway, you have made your position clear in that you do not require assistance from experienced users to try to resolve your problem, you are quite happy to spend the rest of your life whinging and complaining about issues which can be resolved, if you were to provide the relevant information. Oh, by the way, I also have Ulead DVD Movie factory and visit their forums on a regular basis and you know, they have more complaints about burning, than this CyberLink forum.

You won't be back will you, because any future posts you create, will not receive any response from us.

Goodbye and happy whinging on other forums

Robert

"because any future posts you create, will not receive any response from us."

That remains to be seen, YOUR turn.
ChrisRedfield1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 23, 2010 08:20 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
i think this software is great, i have had no problems with it?? infact its a joy to use!! and with the director zone webpage where u can download all the extra effects is brilliant, i also had no problems burning discs. Infact its the most user friendly software i have used.

If you google top ten video editing software this wins..

This forum is also great i have made 3 posts and each time someone has answered with the right help..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2010 20:21

Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
I have used this software without any problems of merit. Anything I did have an issue with, I posted it here and have gotten tons of help. It's fairly obvious you have anger management issues. First things first.
If you had read through everything, you would have at least posted a name.
Secondly, you get more bees with honey than vinegar. if you come here civilized and ask, their are many folks who WANT to take time from their lives to help us.
I'm sure your issue is something minor, but I'm not inclined to help either after the way you presented yourself and spoke to others who have helped me in the past. Have fun with your other software. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
guest [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I have used this software without any problems of merit. Anything I did have an issue with, I posted it here and have gotten tons of help. It's fairly obvious you have anger management issues. First things first.
If you had read through everything, you would have at least posted a name.
Secondly, you get more bees with honey than vinegar. if you come here civilized and ask, their are many folks who WANT to take time from their lives to help us.
I'm sure your issue is something minor, but I'm not inclined to help either after the way you presented yourself and spoke to others who have helped me in the past. Have fun with your other software.

Well I guess this burning problem won't get answered here for the others that are asking for help, because, I might be watching.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Well I guess this burning problem won't get answered here for the others that are asking for help, because, I might be watching.

This PD software is a pile of SHI*, I paid good money for it and I can't get it to burn a DVD, I have tried producing it in every format that is listed, click burn and the dam* thing burns for 17 seconds the say burn unsuccessful, I have wasted 10 DVD's because of this piece of Shi* software.

I have Ulead DVD Movie Factory 5 but it doesn't do green screen, and it runs circles around this so called movie producing Bull Shi* PD8, whats next putting a gun to somebodys head and taking their money.

So I will do my green screening in this piece of shi* PD8 and burn it with REAL burning software, This is the last time you thieves get any money out of me.

Do enlighten us as to where the request for an answer and the provision of even basic supporting detail appeares in your polite and erudite missives because generally the world works best, if you want/need something from others for free, when you ask nicely and give supporting evidence - otherwise, as in this case - you lose. Playground tantrums become boring to ordinary folk after the first moments of amusement.

Watch away - you might learn something - probably how other folk get and give help here.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.