Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning Unsuccessful error dialog
Bujar
Newbie Location: Prishtina, Kosova Joined: Jul 21, 2010 22:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everybody!

Today I experienced for the first time an unsuccessful burn in dvd. Suddenly Authoring Progress stopped at 20% and it shows an Error Dialog which it says Burning Unsuccessful, and in underline it says eA000000B. I've tried it three times and every time the same thing.

Does anybody had the idea what it should be? I have plenty of free space and it is burning in HQ, though this couldn't be the problem.

Here is the picture of this Error Dialog.
There are only 10 kind of people in this world: Those who understand binary numbers and those who don't.
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Bujar,

It could be there is a problem with a portion of the project at that stage. It could be a corrupt file, or something else in the time lines that is causing the problem. It could also be something in the menu selection and creation module.

To find the problem you will have to do a little investigation.
1 - Try producing the project. Choose a profile that matches your desired output to disc. Make sure 'Enable preview during production' is checked. If it stops we want to see where the problem is. If it will produce without errors that should eliminate the project as the problem.

2 - If you are using a menu, try burning without a menu. In the create disc module choose menu preferences, No Menu.
Set up your disc preferences and go to burn. Deselect Burn to Disc and select Create a Folder. Set the destination for the folder. Click Start Burning. If this goes without problems then the menu you are trying to use could be the problem.

Hope this helps.
Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
VIJAYARAGHAVAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2010 13:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Halcon,

I also face the same problem. Is the problem resolved for Bujar? I do not face this problem when it is produced.

What could be the possible problem in the Menu section? Please help me to understand it more clearly.

Yet, If I convert in the CD Create mode it works......! but with a poor quality. It burns successfully on a CD. I don't know what could be the reason to it.

Help required.....

Vijay
India
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Vijay,

Not sure if the problem was fixed for Bunjar. No response to my last post.

I have, a couple of times, encountered a problem with using a menu on a DVD. Before burning to a disc, I usually burn to a folder only, to be sure the project will burn successfully. If I think the menu is the problem I will burn the project to a folder without a menu, to determine if the project is the problem.

If that succeeds then I will add the menu and reburn to a folder. If this fails I generally change the menu template that I used. Some menus will give problems with some projects.

To save disks I do not burn to disk until I get the finished project to burn to a folder.

There are many things that can cause an unsuccessful burn. Updating your hardware drivers, your software to the latest version, defragmenting your hard drives are some very basic things you can do to help prevent these issues.

I have no idea what type of system you are running. Are you burning to CD or DVD? What are the source files you are using? There are so many variables in video editing.

If you can be a bit more specific about your problem I am sure we can find the solution.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
VIJAYARAGHAVAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2010 13:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Halcon,
Thanks for your prompt reply.

You must be right in saying to look at my hardware areas as well as defragmenting the disk. I use a descent configuration of Duo Core with 2 GB RAM & 500GB+ HDD.

I also found yesterday that some PIP takes more frames and hence more time during my produce. Let me change my Menu and try once today. Will come back to you with the feedback that will help us mutually.

Thanks
Vijay
HalCon
[Post New]
Vijay,

You may find you are asking a lot of a Duo Core processor and 2 gig RAM to do video editing. It will work fine with the simple projects, but as you add PIP tracks etc you are upping the amount of work to be done.

I fried a motherboard and Dual Core chip by asking it to do too much work. I didn't realize it at the time. You can watch the amount of work being done in the Task Manager. My Quad Core will run at 100% capacity if I add enough PIP tracks. You can use a small project to test the limits of your system so that you know what it will do.

This will not limit the size or complexity of your projects. You just have to work on smaller sections at a time, then combine the results into the finished product.

Hal
My YouTube
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Bujar / Vijay
How long is the project duration ?
How many PIPs you have
You should understand adding too many PIP,effects and transitions slows down rendering considerably.
Please try to :
1) Burn at 4x speed
2) Try making the project with fewer PIP,effects and transitions without reducing the project length.Does it burn successfully ?
3) If the answer is yes to 2) then your processor,dual core, is stressed to max. The amount of available RAM affects rendering too.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2010 07:11

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080