Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My Custom Titles Disapeared?
KCad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2018 13:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Looking for Help, Suggestions.
After "years" of useing Power DIrector (16 Ultimate) on this PC (with no issues) it recently CRASHED multiple times (Windows Blue Screen and Auto Re-started).

Even though I don't think it should have crashed my PC (it's plenty fast with SSD, HDD for files, 16GB RAM plus GTX1070 Graphics w/8GB memory), I believe it happened because of the way I was using Crop & Zoom (after already making Video Speed Changes).
Adding that 1: while trying to do the exact same edit (to the auto-saved Project), it crashed two more times and 2: it didn't crash anymore after simply un-checking the Speed Change.

So, after finally completing my edits, I noticed that ALL of my Custom (and Favorites) Titles are GONE now?!?!?!
I found my files/folders via Explorer Search (they are in D:\Users\******\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\MyTitles) so I don't understanding why they don't show in the Titles window?
Is there anything I can do to recover them? (I really, REALLY don't want to have to remake and SaveAs 20+ custom Titles again)...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 28. 2023 12:45

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Nothing you do in PD should ever cause a crash, so you should take a look at this post and try the steps exactly as described to see if you can solve the underlying issue.

Next, uninstall PD16 and reinstall it. Please ensure that you still have the original installer before uninstalling it! Otherwise you'll need to contact CL customer service to get a new link as shown in this FAQ, and that may take a day or two.

Once it's reinstalled, it should pick up on the existing custom titles
KCad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you đź‘Ť
I'm very good at keeping/saving things (like all Software and Firmware downloads) but I didn't try a re-instal yet (for the exact reason you stated). It's been so long since the original instal and I wanted to finish some videos before possibly openening a can of worms I don't want to get into right now.

And just JFYI, I have had PD close on me "many times" over the years and it always happens when I'm doing something like Crop & Zoom (and moving, recentering the cropped video clip "many times"). I tried lowering the Maximum Undo Levels but that didn't help (which didn't surprise me because my RAM never gets close to being maxed out).

Thanks again and I'll post how everything goes...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
ok. I suggest you do the diagnostic steps now as they may give you a more stable system while you're working on your current projects.

The only reason I suggested the uninstall/reinstall was to hopefully recover your custom titles.
KCad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote ok. I suggest you do the diagnostic steps now as they may give you a more stable system while you're working on your current projects.

The only reason I suggested the uninstall/reinstall was to hopefully recover your custom titles.

Yup, understood and thanks again (going to be busy Remote Tuning a Drag Bike this weekend so not sure when I'll diagnose)...