Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
With powerdvd 10 ultra I get no sound in cinema mode. *Multiple people having same problem*
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear T,

did you set the "X-Fi" as default audio device in Windows OS - please give it a try if not already done

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
MrT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2010 18:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Yes of course Michael, as well as every combination of driver you can imagine.

I do appreciate you responding, however.

Look at what you do differently to deliver the audio stream in standard mode vs cinema mode. There has to be something different about the code path, driver stack, or interfaces used....

I'm a bit concerned about the nomenclature used for audio "output mode" when in cinema mode. The only setting is "SPDIF bypass" (it cannot be changed) which sounds as if you are literally bypassing the correct output....I would expect something like "SPDIF passthrough".
Dee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2010 15:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i am so disappointed in Cyberlink and their support for such a serious issue. I paid $100 for this POS (piece of Software , and it worked fine for a good while Then it stopped giving audio in Cinema mode....Only varible here is maybe Auto Update with in windows or the Update i did to " myMovies" (not likely at all) Running Vista 64....Issue has to be within a Microsoft Vista update...
Dee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2010 15:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Oh, an additional clue to work with on this topic....When I first noticed that the sound was an issue, it was only the Powerdvd player on DVDs only, (within WMC, Cinema Mode) Blurays worked fine...I tried to fix by un installing and re installijng, when Idid that, both DVDs and Bluray Audio Stopped with In Cinema Mode.
NagyAki [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2010 14:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
and when will a fuc**d patch for this problem??????????????
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: and when will a fuc**d patch for this problem??????????????

Hi,
could you please help by providing your DXDIAG log file - we are still gathring more info about this issue.
Please understand that we take this issue very seriously - but it seems to be related to some specific system configurations that are not easy to reproduce.

please also help to update:
- using PowerDVD 10 full version or upgrade (if upgrade which upgrade)
- install latest patch of PDVD 10 ?
- please try to check the volume on the amplifier (maybe the bitstream is not loud enough)
- please also check the 2FT ui
- please also check to set S/PDIF to default system audio (for check)

thanks and BR
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2010 10:50

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
MrT [Avatar]
[Post New]
More info:

Decided to waste another entire day:

1) Blew away my boot drive
2) Installed Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit (was 64-bit before)
3) Performed all windows updates
4) Installed latest Chipset drivers (Intel P55)
5) Installed latest Video drivers (ATI CCC 10.9) for HD5850
6) Installed latest Audio drivers (8300f for Via 2020 HD audio)
7) Disabled all sound paths except SPDIF. Tested audio extensively
Installed Power DVD ultra 10 HD and patched to latest
9) Launched Media Center
10) Popped in Master & Commander on Blu-Ray

Guess what? No effing sound!

Definitely not a 64bit vs 32bit issue.....

T
[Post New]
Dear MrT,

Installed latest Audio drivers (8300f for Via 2020 HD audio)
==> is this external or onboard audio?

please try this:

1. start PDVD in 2ft UI
2. check the Audio settings - please post a snapshot here
3. did you set the S/PDif as default audio?
4. which amplifier do you use
5. can you please also try a DVD
6. please check audio driver capabilities (please check attached snapshot for your reference)
[Thumb - spdif.PNG]
 Filename
spdif.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
362 time(s)
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
MrT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael,

I'm the same MrT that posted about 5 posts ago, so you can get my system / amplifier hardware from that post.

It's an external audio board (PCI express x 1) branded SurpremeFX X-FI by ASUS and bundled with the Maximus III Formula motherboard, but it uses the VT 2020 (unlike say an Auzentech X-FI board)

I've attached the audio settings.

The results are the same with a DVD as a blu-ray if I select PowerDVD to play the disk. If I select WMC to play the disk, it works fine.

If by 2Ft interface, you mean standard mode, that works fine with all disk types. This problem ONLY OCCURS in cinema mode (or in WMC) 10Ft interface

T
[Thumb - audio.png]
 Filename
audio.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
80 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
327 time(s)
Ushva [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2010 02:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Your are waste of your time !!! I have waiting this fuc"#¤% patch for a long time !!!

Use TMT and everything works fine ... Goodbye CyperLink !!!
[Post New]
Quote: Michael,

I'm the same MrT that posted about 5 posts ago, so you can get my system / amplifier hardware from that post.

It's an external audio board (PCI express x 1) branded SurpremeFX X-FI by ASUS and bundled with the Maximus III Formula motherboard, but it uses the VT 2020 (unlike say an Auzentech X-FI board)

I've attached the audio settings.

The results are the same with a DVD as a blu-ray if I select PowerDVD to play the disk. If I select WMC to play the disk, it works fine.

If by 2Ft interface, you mean standard mode, that works fine with all disk types. This problem ONLY OCCURS in cinema mode (or in WMC) 10Ft interface

T

Hi,

can you please check these things - it may help me to narrow down the issue:

1. when there is no audio - is there a mute symbol in the taskbar and in the PDVD UI?
2. can you please also enable the onboard audio and check if this may work around the issue

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
Steven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2010 06:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Gee give us SOME credit... pretty sure we'd have noticed a mute symbol on the screen of the 10' interface...
[Post New]
Dear Steven,

we are still trying to reproduce the reported issues - in fact no system can reprodcue it in our labs with latest PowerDVD 10 (full Version and also patched versions are fine.)

But we see some other issues - e.g. muting when enter MCE on some systems with some specific VGA and Audio.

so we try to narrow down the reported issues (we are also not sure that all reported issues describe the same problem - whereas the symptoms are identical, the systems and circumstances differ a lot)

In some cases, with similar symptoms, we found that some 3rd party tools casued this issue by deleting some components of PowerDVD - or other resident Tools blocked the audio out.

maybe you are willing to help us and can also provide some detail system info.
espacially we would need more inpout on:
- the detail Audio system setup (used output/drivers/Amplifiers/TV-Sets/default audio device in Windows)
- the detail info about the PDVD 10 audio settings (audio device and output mode)
- info about the originally installed PDVD 10 (Version and SR)
- info about other PDVD Versions installed
- info about installed codec packs
- info about installed other SW (MCE plugins and resident apps)

thanks in advance
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
I solved this problem by using a tool described in this topic (Click). Now I have a working sound in cinema mode in WMC (Win 7). Read the first post, download the tool and apply it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2010 14:11

Steven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2010 06:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
MY original post with my dxdiag info was on 06/08/2010 05:52:42
Also tried on two different laptops with the same result
Ted698 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2010 04:37 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Echospace - Thanks for the info

By changing the DirectShow filters you got it working....

What did you change your DirectShow filters from & to....?
Presumably it was using the default Microsoft Playback Filters orginally....

Also does this affect any other playback of media within Media Center? eg Live TV is *very* fussy about what playback filters it uses....
[Post New]
Quote: I solved this problem by using a tool described in this topic (Click). Now I have a working sound in cinema mode in WMC (Win 7). Read the first post, download the tool and apply it.

Hi,

I do not understand how this can solve the issue in CM of PowerDVD as it sets the codecs for MEdiaCenter... and the PowerDVD plug-in is not using any MCE codecs

Br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
murdo123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2010 08:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I too am having the same issue with the powerdvd cinema view through windows media centre..

Surely the cybelink support should beable to replicate this .. Seems more and more people are getting the no sound error...

Not good enough for a professional piece of sorftware which you purchase specifically for Blu Ray Disks.

[Post New]
Hi,

could you help to answer those questions: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

additionally please also describe your audio cabling as detailed as possible
please also let me know which physical Disc cause this issue
please let me know if you have installed any other 3rd party tools related to audio
Do you use any special workarounds for MCE
Do you use any Codec Packs (if yes - please let us know which one and where to Download)

thanks and Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2010 08:36

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
murdo123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2010 08:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael.

Windows Media Centre HDMI to a AMP > HDMI to a Screen,
In normal Windows the powerdvd plays fine with audio..

In windows media centre with PDVD in Cine,ma mode it plays fine BUT with no sound.. This echoes all the other posters..

Any disk has no audio when in cinema mode.

No 3rd party. Tools
No Work Arounds
No Codec packs.

[Post New]
Hi,

could you please at least post a DXDIAG (to check audio device and drivers to setup an similar system)
I also guess you use PowerDVD 10 ULTRA MArk II v2113? (please check)
Do you use Antivirus on your system?
Do you have installed latest Windows updates?
What amplifier do you use?

Thanks and Br

Werde Facebook Fan