Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
With powerdvd 10 ultra I get no sound in cinema mode. *Multiple people having same problem*
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

could you please at least post a DXDIAG (to check audio device and drivers to setup an similar system)
I also guess you use PowerDVD 10 ULTRA MArk II v2113? (please check)
Do you use Antivirus on your system?
Do you have installed latest Windows updates?
What amplifier do you use?

Thanks and Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Quote: I do not understand how this can solve the issue in CM of PowerDVD as it sets the codecs for MEdiaCenter... and the PowerDVD plug-in is not using any MCE codecs

Sorry for bad english

I dealed with another WMC plugin that did not work, the plugin only works when playing files using ffdshow. On one forum I read that WMC blocks third-party codecs, and uses only its own codecs. And indeed, when playing files in WMC, ffdshow icons did not appear in systray. On the forum suggested to manually change the registry settings to use third-party codecs in WMC. I did not want to do it manually (laziness) and then I found the tool that I wrote in previous post.

I applied the tool like on pics

I got working plugin. Now WMC plays files using ffdshow. And then I thought. Can be WMC blocked Cyberlink codecs? I uninstalled PDVD9 and installed PDVD10 and Oh! miracle. I got working sound in cinema mode in WMC.
ROBERTO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2010 03:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
The problem is PDVD9 whith PDVD10?
I have same problem and i have pdvd9
[Post New]
Quote: Echospace - Thanks for the info

By changing the DirectShow filters you got it working....

What did you change your DirectShow filters from & to....?
Presumably it was using the default Microsoft Playback Filters orginally....

I switched all videocodecs to use ffdshow except native Microsoft formats such as wmv wma. See pics in my last post.

Quote: Also does this affect any other playback of media within Media Center? eg Live TV is *very* fussy about what playback filters it uses....

I don't know about affect for Live TV, I never used it. But all videofiles now play using ffdshow.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
This os off topic as it only changes the codecs for MCE - it does not affect PowerDVD which is using own codecs

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Quote: This os off topic as it only changes the codecs for MCE - it does not affect PowerDVD which is using own codecs
Michael

I agree, it does not affect PDVD. But it works, it helped me. And I think it will help another users while you understand the problem of no sound in CM.
[Post New]
Hello,

we are highly concerned about this issue - but as already described we can not reproduce it in our environment.

To investigate we need 4-5 users who still can see this issue and send us some files (or upload to our FTP)

If you are interested to help - please let me know and I will contact you by PM

thanks and BR

Werde Facebook Fan
TorsteinHaga [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norway, Grimstad Joined: Jul 29, 2010 05:09 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
I have two different computers, and see the problem on both. Cinema mode = no sound, Normal mode = ok
My 30 day trial is used long time ago, and i won't buy this software before I get it working. I know this is over the limit (sorry for that), but I have actually downloaded an illegal copy to be able to continue testing. I've spent probably 30 + hours on troubleshooting, but without satisfying result. I will of course buy the software if i can get it working. I hope you understand my reasons for doing this.
I'm willing to help with information if that can help solve this issue.

Please see attached DxDiag files for Laptop and Stationary

Laptop:
Asus UL30VT

PowerDVD full Version
- Powerdvd 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2113.51
PowerDVD Trial Verison?
-Please se above about illegal copy
PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!)
-DVD100826-02
PowerDVD TR Number (if shown)
-TR100913-063
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version)
W7 home premium x64
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW?
-Please se above info about illegal copy
Used VGA
- Nvidia GEFORCE G210M Cuda 512 MB
Used VGA driver version
Used Audio device
-Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Used Audio device driver version
Used Display(s)
-Laptop monitor
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI)
-N/A
Are you using single or dual monitor environment
-Single
Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)
-N/A
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using
-Microsoft Security Essentials
The detailed issue description
-When in Cinema mode I get no sound, while in normal mode sound is fine. I have shark007 codecs installed, but there is no difference with codecs uninstalled. I use AnyDVD HD version 6.7.1.0 and Daemon tools lite version 4.35.6.0091 to mount ISO files, because this laptop does not have a DVD player installed.

Stationary:
Custom made

PowerDVD full Version
- Powerdvd 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2113.51
PowerDVD Trial Verison?
-Please se above about illegal copy
PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top - SR NUMBER IS NOT THE CD-KEY!!)
-DVD100826-02
PowerDVD TR Number (if shown)
-TR100913-063
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version)
W7 professional x64
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW?
-Please se above info about illegal copy
Used VGA
- ATI radeon 4870
Used VGA driver version
Used Audio device
-Onboard Realtek high definition audio
Used Audio device driver version
Used Display(s)
-42” plasma screen Hitachi
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI)
-hdmi
Are you using single or dual monitor environment
-Single
Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)
-N/A
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using
-Microsoft Security Essentials
The detailed issue description
-When in Cinema mode I get no sound, while in normal mode sound is fine. I have shark007 codecs installed, but there is no difference with codecs uninstalled. I use AnyDVD HD version 6.7.1.0 and Daemon tools lite version 4.35.6.0091 to mount ISO files. No difference if I play a hard copy DVD or Bluray either (original disks). I play sound via analog 5.1 to a Yamaha receiver. VGA card sound is disabled and digital sound is disabled

I live in Norway, and will have access to my computers during evenings local time.

Best regards Torstein
 Filename
DxDiag laptop.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
387 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag stationary.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
305 time(s)
W7 pro x64
Ati 4870
Core i7 920
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, X58
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 6GB ram
ViRGE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2010 17:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael;

I have a newly setup HTPC that's running in to this same issue with PDVD10 v2113. I have a Windows 7 box with an NVIDIA GTS 450 directly feeding a Samsung PN58C680 via HDMI. I'm getting audio in Classic mode, but when I switch to Cinema mode it goes silent.

I have the DXDIAG results on hand; please PM me and let me know where you want them sent along with any additional information you'd like. I'm more than glad to lend a hand to get this resolved.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2010 18:30

VirtualNic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2010 09:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have NOW (!) the same problem: PowerDVD 10 Ultra works fine in Classic Mode, but no sound for DVD as well as Blueray when using PowerDVD within MS Media Center.

Why now? I built up a brand new PC with individual components, around 4 weeks ago. I installed a Windows 7 system from scratch, and PowerDVD worked fine, even within Media Center! After around 2 weeks my system drive, a SSD, crashed, I received a new SSD (exactly the same model), and re-installed the complete system, using exactly the same installation CDs; the only difference might be a slightly different sequence. And after that re-installation I suddenly had the problem with no sound when using PowerDVD in Media Center.

As soon as I click on PowerDVD within Media Center the Mute icon appears, and in the Windows control bar the icon of the Realtek Digital Output also shows the Mute icon. Turning the sound on again using the Windows control bar does not work as long as I do not close the Media Center. After closing Media Center I can unmute, starting Media Center again, sound is back as long as not entering the PowerDVD plugin.

- TV programs, radio, MP3 with Media Center: Works fine.
- Playing DVD with Media Center alone: Works fine.
- Playing DVD or Blueray with PowerDVD Classic Mode: Works fine.
- Playing DVD or Blueray with PowerDVD within Media Center: No sound.

Again, it worked with the first installation, but not with the second, even it's exatcly the same hardware, same connections, and it should be exactly the same software (maybe installed with a slightly different order).

During the the second installation I created a log, so I exactly know in what sequence I installed which software component (if that's relevant, I can send it via e-mail). Dxdiag already attached.

If oyu need anything else please let me know.

Thank you.

Best regards, VirtualNic

Software Configuration:
- PowerDVD 10 Ultra, full retail version purchased, current version 10.0.2113.51 (first installed from original CD, no idea what version number, already had the problem with the original installation, PowerDVD showed a patch is available, installed this patch and ended up with the mentioned version number).
- Antivirus: Norton Internet Security 2010.

Hardware configuration:
- Mainboard Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4
- Grahic card Gigabyte GV N98TSL-1GI (GF 9800 GT)
- Blueray player LG BH10LS.
- Case (with touchscreen): Silverstone CW03.
- Display: Main display Philips 46PFL9704H.
- AVR Denon 3808.
- PC connected to AVR Denon 3808 via HDMI, AVR connected via HDMI to TV, sound always via AVR, disabled TV speakers.
- Dual monitor environment, case has a 7" touchscreen build in, connected via VGA. Extended Mode.

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
370 time(s)
[Post New]
Hi Virtual Nic,

can you kindly check:

- uninstall PowerDVD
- install again the Version from DVD
- let me know the SR-Number (not CD-KEy) and full version from the about box of PDVD?

I will forward your info to our RD team for their investigastion.

thanks and BR

Werde Facebook Fan
VirtualNic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2010 09:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Virtual Nic,

can you kindly check:

- uninstall PowerDVD
- install again the Version from DVD
- let me know the SR-Number (not CD-KEy) and full version from the about box of PDVD?

I will forward your info to our RD team for their investigastion.

thanks and BR
Michael

Michael,

that worked for me. Uninstalled PowerDVD, re-installed again from the DVD, resulting in version 10.0.1516.51. Sound is fine within MediaCenter. Then downloaded the patch again from the website, installed it resulting in version 10.0.2113.51, sound works fine within MediaCenter (and of course the classic view of PowerDVD).

Since it must be the same software can only be a matter of the sequence of the installation?

Thank you.

Best regards,
VirtualNic
[Post New]
Hello,

we are looking for customers who report this issue and can still see it on their system and want to help us in narrowing down the issue.
This would include Remote Access to the PC - if you are interested, please drop me a PM

thanks and Br

Werde Facebook Fan
TorsteinHaga [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norway, Grimstad Joined: Jul 29, 2010 05:09 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

Any progress on this one? I still have no sound...

Best regards Torstein W7 pro x64
Ati 4870
Core i7 920
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, X58
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 6GB ram
[Post New]
Hi,

would you mind to provide your mail by PM?
Our QA and RD team would like to get in contact with you

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
KHOON SIAH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2010 21:57 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to installed version PowerDVD 10.0.2113.51. I meet the same problem. Mind to keep up update on the solution as well.
[Post New]
Hi Khoon Sta,

please post me your mail adress via PM if you are interested to help in this issue - our RD would like to contact you

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
SimonMaltby [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 10:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also have the same issue.

Playback via HDMI sound is fine in normal mode my missing nothing in Cinema mode.
1ne2woBe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2010 18:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I have been searching the net, and found this site.

I am having a problem similar to the OP's with my PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.1830.51. I am only able to hear the audio of my M2TS movies via S/PDIF. When I try to switch to (8 Speaker), I am not able to get any (voice) audio from the actors. The rest of the audio sounds superb coming from all 8 speakers. It is just the voices that I am unable to hear.

Any ideas as to what may be the problem? If you feel you need any specs, please just ask.

Thank you so much in advance.
Rowanze [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2010 18:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I too am having the same issue with BluRay ISO's. I am running PowerDVD10 and I have an ATI 5450 streaming sound and video over the HDMI port. In classic mode all is well and I get full HD audio decoding to my Onkyo NR807 receiver.

In cinema mode, I get no sound. I tried setting the sound in powerdvd's options. I tried both the passing undecoded sound option and tried letting PowerDVD do the encoding and stream PCM. Neither worked. In both cases, when I tell PowerDVD to display info, it corretly lists the right audio format (ie DTS-HD, DTS, etc.) but the data rate is 0 k/sec. This same 0 k/sec is there regardless of whether I try and pass the audio stream as is or let PowerDVD try and do the encoding.

I have tried both the ATI HDMI driver and the Realtek driver, and get the same results with both.
mangofan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2010 03:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
If it's not reproducible, it might be just an issue with pirate copies. I downloaded the trial and it works fine in cinema mode.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 05. 2010 05:06