Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
With powerdvd 10 ultra I get no sound in cinema mode. *Multiple people having same problem*
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Oliver,
please make sure to use latest audio drivers for the X-Fi

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
ROBERTO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2010 03:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Excuse me but why look for the problem in our systems
when the problem is clearly given in PowerDVD since normal mode works as in cinema mode is not it?
I have to go back pdv9 or TotalMedia Theatre 3 if the problem is not resolved

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2010 05:53

Oliver [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2010 03:57 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
X-Fi drivers are up to date (2.17.000

Oliver
Steven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2010 06:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I also have the same issue as the OP. I have attached my DxDiag.txt for reference as well.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
434 time(s)
Willi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 16, 2010 07:30 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
very same problem here (PDVD10 Ultra MarkII 1830)
No sound in cinema mode.
sound ok in normal mode.

PC (with Realtek ALC889 HD Audio) is connected via HDMI with my tv (Sony Z5500). I get sound in normal mode, but absolutely none in cinema mode.

As many users have this problem, it's an obvious bug in PowerDVD.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16. 2010 07:42

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
@Willi,

are you using latest PDVD patch?

please post DXDIAG as attachement - thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
Joan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 16, 2010 18:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue here. no sound on cinema mode.
On Win7 Ultimate x64
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Dx
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
481 time(s)
[Post New]
Hi Joan,

please update your Graphics adaptor and Audio device drivers (both are dated 2009)
Please make sure to have installed latest PDVD patch to v1830
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_GB.html

Please describe your audio out settings in more detail:
- default audio device in Windows OS
- which Audio fail (dolby/DTS/any)?
- does DVD or BD or both fail
- what speakers are connected (or use HDMI or SPDIF)?

Greetings
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2010 04:42

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Willi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 16, 2010 07:30 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
obviously many people have the same issues with cinema mode while things are ok in normal mode. Why don't you look for this _bug_ in PowerDVD by yourself instead of buggering the users?
[Post New]
Dear Willi,

it may sound strange - but we can not reproduce the reported issue with latest build of PowerDVD 10 (v1830).
we asks for more infos to enable our QA team to setup a platform that can reproduce the issue

Greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
Esteban [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2010 10:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

This is getting ridiculous. Almost five months after Cyberlink was informed of the problem and they don't have a solution yet?

This is the most active thread in the PowerDVD Forum and a Google search can show you many many users experiencing the exact same problem. Cyberlink is not taking this seriously enough.

[Post New]
Dear Esteban,

please let me know which Version of PDVD you currently use when this issue happens? (10.x.xxxx)

please let me know your OS.

BR
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2010 10:57

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Joan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 16, 2010 18:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

a) Please update your Graphics adaptor and Audio device drivers (both are dated 2009) = those are the latest for my system, plus it's clearly not an issue of my laptop but of the software, as it works in classic mode, and I have absolutely no conflict with any other software in my laptop, and this issue wasn't present with my powerdvd dell bundled software
b) Please make sure to have installed latest PDVD patch to v1830 = 30 day trial version
c) Please describe your audio out settings in more detail:
- default audio device in Windows OS = laptop integrated speakers through IDT hd audio driver
- which Audio fail (dolby/DTS/any)? = all
- does DVD or BD or both fail = dvd, I don't have a bluray drive
- what speakers are connected (or use HDMI or SPDIF)? = no matter, through laptop speakers (IDT) and through hdmi (intel hd driver) there's no sound on cinema mode

thanks for your response cyberlink-michael.

...edit...edit2(added more software)...edit3(oliver your posts are not helping at all)
about codec packs I don't think they're an issue, in fact to rule out software conflicts, if the info is helpful to tech support, I installed powerdvd after a clean win7 install, software installed in my laptop before powerdvd10 = vlcmediaplayer, office2007proplus, ccleaner, imgburn, nortoninternetsecurity, 7zip, itunes+quicktime, daemontoolslite, firefox.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 18. 2010 16:48

Oliver [Avatar]
[Post New]
Did the support team tried to install shark codec for windows 7 (shark007.net) ?

Has everybody having this problem tried, before the problem with powerdvd, to install some codec pack or hack to play video on media center ?

maybe some codec or hack could interfere with the cinema mode ?

nevertheless, uninstalling the shark codec pack did not solved the problem for me.

Is there any debug tool/mode/log that could help identifying the problem on the machines having that problem ?
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2009 06:45 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Did the support team tried to install shark codec for windows 7 (shark007.net) ?

Has everybody having this problem tried, before the problem with powerdvd, to install some codec pack or hack to play video on media center ?

maybe some codec or hack could interfere with the cinema mode ?

nevertheless, uninstalling the shark codec pack did not solved the problem for me.

Is there any debug tool/mode/log that could help identifying the problem on the machines having that problem ?

I have never used any codec pack in the computer where I get no audio in cinema mode. So the codec should not be the problem.
Oliver [Avatar]
[Post New]
In that case, maybe it is a windows update that caused the problem....
Oliver [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any news on this problem ?
Derek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2010 06:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also have no sound in PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II latest patch when playing dvd's in cinema mode, It works fine in normal mode but not in cinema mode and it does not matter if i launch it from MCE with remote or go to cinema mode while in normal mode,

I have a Custom built pc i built myself, I have all latest drivers and the latest bios for my mobo, I also have the latest windows updates, Im running this on a 2 speaker analog setup, like the other guy said PowerDVD says Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 0Kbps, Sounds like to me the decoder isn't working! I know a little bit about computers and i'm definitely not stupid by any means and i would call myself fairly advanced at computers but yet i still have not found a solution to this annoying problem, i have only tried for a few hours and came across this thread while searching the internet for a solution. IF you want any other details let me know, I also have another similar pc i built i can test this on but it is a similar setup.

OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Security: Norton NIS 2010
My hardware is

Motherboard - Biostar TA790GX A2+
CPU - Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 95W
Memory - G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 800 (Dual Channel)
Tuner - AVerMedia AVerTVHD Duet (A188 - White Box) pcie x1 card
Sound - Realtek ALC888 8+2 Channel HD Audio
Speakers - Standard analog stereo speakers Logitech brand
Graphics - XFX Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
Monitor - Acer H213H 1080p 21.5 inch Currently hooked through DVI
MCE Remote - AVS Gear MG-IR01BK
[Post New]
Dear Derek,
thanks for the information - I need some more input - can you kindly let me know:

- the original installed Version of PowerDVD 10 ULTRA
- the orignal installed SR (SR is not the Serial or CD KEY - it can be found in the about box and helps me to identify the build)
- where did you buy it (is it BOX Version or from Online Shop - you may provide me the Order number of PDVD 10 ULTRA by PM)
- do you have other PowerDVD versions installed
- do you use any kind of codec pack - please let me know the exact Version! (this is important to setup an environment)
- in case you have already contacted customer support please let me know the CSID number by mail

thanks in advance and greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
MrT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2010 18:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue: Works great outside of Cinema mode, but that's what I got it for.

Brand new HTPC:
ASUS Maximum III w/SurpremeFX X-FI Sound (VIA VT2020 version)
ATI HD5850
Win7 64 Ultimate Clean Install
Latest Drivers for all
PowerDVD 10 Ultra Latest Patch
SPDIF coax output to Sunfire Theatre Grand Receiver (TGR-401)

It's despicable how long this defect has been around...

I'm a Software Architect and Electrical Engineer specializing in real-time embedded systems and I've wasted almost 20 hours on this problem....Cyberlink, are you going to pay for my time?
[Post New]
Dear T,

did you set the "X-Fi" as default audio device in Windows OS - please give it a try if not already done

Br

Werde Facebook Fan