Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot find Shutterstock music downloads on PC to import to project - MAR 21
Janeth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2022 23:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using AudioDirector 365 with Windows 11. With project open, I have tried to download Shutterstock background music tracks. It says that the file is downloading to AudioDirector, but they do not appear in project's library nor can I find them on PC to import. What directory are they falling into? Can anyone give me suggestion as to where to look?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I just did a quick test and the downloaded clip immediately showed up in the imported media library. There were no additional steps needed:

The downloads themselves are apparently stored in an encrypted format so they can't be used outside of AD.

On my system the default folder is C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Cyberlink\AudioDirector\DownloadedAudio\Shutterstock and the downloaded clips will start with pdz followed by a long hexadecimal string like pdz9d3d1762e1e7defada7ccc8d3ad5053e

There's nothing you can do with those files, so if you aren't seeing anything after importing you may want to uninstall AD (using the Windows uninstaller or by right-clicking on the app from the CL App Manager) and try installing it again. Maybe even reboot just to be sure.
[Post New]
Hello Janeth,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

optodata is correct. When you download something from Shutterstock it should (a) download, then (b) import the audio clip into ADR's library, evidenced in this screen capture:

Unfortunately, it doesn't occur like that on every occasion! surprised e.g. when I first tried to download a particular clip "A Life As One" it downloaded but did not import into the library. I repeated my attempt & it worked.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Stylerod [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2017 22:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Janeth,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

optodata is correct. When you download something from Shutterstock it should (a) download, then (b) import the audio clip into ADR's library, evidenced in this screen capture:

Unfortunately, it doesn't occur like that on every occasion! surprised e.g. when I first tried to download a particular clip "A Life As One" it downloaded but did not import into the library. I repeated my attempt & it worked.

PIX

Thanks for this. The download button makes it seem like something happened, but it really doesn't. The import button is what we need to use.