Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
problem with changing video background! at the end return orginal background
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
Member Location: Swizterland Joined: Jul 23, 2014 16:04 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Hi evrybody!

I discover how to remove background on video and on my new editing thought to use this idea in the way to incruste 2 guys speaking on carnival background.

I follow the information from this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV4y32S8Thw from cyberlinks. It was interesting how he explained how to get the green screen when doesn’t match simply by moving the exposure, brightness and contrast.
Well I follow step by step and could cancel the green screen and so appears the two guys on carnival background and… when start to see the video… what happen after just one millisecond: the original background appears again!!!!!!
I tried many times thinking forgotten something to do… but all steps are exactly same as this tutorial.

I use PD 365

Here some photos where you can see the most important steps matched and the final result!!!

My question is: why?
There is one step I didn’t understand? Which one?
Maybe as the two guys are in front of a painting with many colors instead of a one color curtain by example? But on tutorial the guy have as background trees and different colors of nature…

thanks so much!

you can write me in french or Italian as well
 Filename
IMPORTANT STEPS FOLLOWING THE TUTORIAL.docx
[Disk]
 Description
my steps for changing background and result!
 Filesize
4759 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
110 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi evrybody!

I discover how to remove background on video and on my new editing thought to use this idea in the way to incruste 2 guys speaking on carnival background.

I follow the information from this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV4y32S8Thw from cyberlinks. It was interesting how he explained how to get the green screen when doesn’t match simply by moving the exposure, brightness and contrast.
Well I follow step by step and could cancel the green screen and so appears the two guys on carnival background and… when start to see the video… what happen after just one millisecond: the original background appears again!!!!!!
I tried many times thinking forgotten something to do… but all steps are exactly same as this tutorial.

I use PD 365

Here some photos where you can see the most important steps matched and the final result!!!

My question is: why?
There is one step I didn’t understand? Which one?
Maybe as the two guys are in front of a painting with many colors instead of a one color curtain by example? But on tutorial the guy have as background trees and different colors of nature…

thanks so much!

you can write me in french or Italian as well

Hi,

There are a couple of observations but it would be very useful to get a screen recording of your project, including the timelines to see exactly what happens.

It looks like the chromakeyed clip of the 2 guys changes size? It obviously loses the chromakey but it's not clear why.

However, please make sure your versions of PDR and CDR are up to date.

If you feel happy with sharing this part of your project perhaps you could pack it and share it on onedrive or similar so that others can test the actual project. Please take note of this guideline :
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83642.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
Member Location: Swizterland Joined: Jul 23, 2014 16:04 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

There are a couple of observations but it would be very useful to get a screen recording of your project, including the timelines to see exactly what happens.

It looks like the chromakeyed clip of the 2 guys changes size? It obviously loses the chromakey but it's not clear why.

However, please make sure your versions of PDR and CDR are up to date.

If you feel happy with sharing this part of your project perhaps you could pack it and share it on onedrive or similar so that others can test the actual project. Please take note of this guideline :
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83642.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
rr

Hi thanks for this answer and later will prepare again the project to show you with a video maybe what's happen

suddendly I thought that the problem could be this: as I tried to change the video background of the 2 guys and the video is long around 20-30 seconds i just change the backgroung at the begining without doing all the clip frame by frame, so maybe the problem is there? to have done as it was a simple photo and not a video and continue all the video or at least some seconds to erase che background?

I didn't do all the video because wasn't sure if was able to do it and if was okay with the idea i had.

yes the 2 guys seems smaller as i rezise the image of the 2 guys, so this is not a problem,

on this afternoon I try again and send you all if the problem not resolved

PD365 just yesterday before I started I do all and so was p to date in all porograms!

cheers from Switzerland

I RESOLVE!!!!! I was right! the problem was because when started to try how to change video backgroung I just do only one fotogramm! and now I continue and did some and import to PD365 and it's working!!!!!!!

thanks so much

have nice day

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14. 2022 07:59