Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Director distortion after production?
Noonan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2007 16:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I recently updated Audio Director and now each time when I adjust the audio of my video using Audio Director the sound is totally distorted when I produce the video file. It sounds perfect in the timeline track. It is also perfect if I don't adjust the audio and then produce the video file. The problem only happens when I adjust the audio in Audio Director. Can anyone help please.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2021 11:35

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Have you ensured that the audio is not over-modulated?

You can't trust how things sound through your speakers or headphones. You need to watch the meters and ensure that your audio volume is not peaking in the red but remains mostly in the green with occasional peaks into the yellow.
Noonan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2007 16:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply.
No the audio is not over modulated.
Everything is perfect if I don't touch the audio.
It only happens when I adjust the audio in Audio Director.
The sound is then terrible.
Problem only started when I installed latest update of Audio Director.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
I recently updated Audio Director and now each time when I adjust the audio of my video using Audio Director the sound is totally distorted when I produce the video file. It sounds perfect in the timeline track. It is also perfect if I don't adjust the audio and then produce the video file. The problem only happens when I adjust the audio in Audio Director. Can anyone help please.

You might try the two audio hotfixes, one for AD and one for PD and see if they address your issue.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85901.page#355600
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/85919.page

Jeff