Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder SE
TheFNGee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2021 15:14 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
When I was loading PowerDirector 20, I watched it attempt to uninstall SR 4.0, and replace it with SR SE (?). I stopped it and have heard nothing else about SR SE?

With the moniker like SE, it implies to be a stripped-down version of SR.

What IS SE and should I have let it remove my SR version 4?

Thanks,

Steve
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
In this case I believe SE stands for Standard Edition as opposed to Deluxe Edition. It's still SR 4 though. I have PD365 and this is the SR version that was most recently installed:

A couple of years ago, this discussion showed some of the differences between the versions but now there only appears to be a single version for sale, which is SE.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 20. 2021 14:24

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote A couple of years ago, this discussion showed some of the differences between the versions but now there only appears to be a single version for sale, which is SE.

Don't believe that is a true statement, it's really hard to tell with Cyberlink Sales information. To me, there are 3 versions.
1) Essentials, a ScreenRecorder 4 version which you can download from CL for free and get access to premium features for 30 days
2) Deluxe, a ScreenRecorder 4 version sold by CL as a standalone app.
3) SE, a ScreenRecorder 4 version bundled with PD20 purchase
Pic attached with CL propaganda to somewhat justify the 3 versions exist.

What's the difference, who knows, CL never clarifies the details that I see. My guess would be limited record formats, limited stream formats, or something along those lines that may not be that obvious unless you know what to look for. They may all have the same patch number too perhaps, version one has just defines what features are exposed.

Jeff
[Thumb - SR_Versions.png]
 Filename
SR_Versions.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
204 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Don't believe that is a true statement, it's really hard to tell with Cyberlink Sales information. To me, there are 3 versions.
1) Essentials, a ScreenRecorder 4 version which you can download from CL for free and get access to premium features for 30 days
2) Deluxe, a ScreenRecorder 4 version sold by CL as a standalone app.
3) SE, a ScreenRecorder 4 version bundled with PD20 purchase
Pic attached with CL propaganda to somewhat justify the 3 versions exist.

What's the difference, who knows, CL never clarifies the details that I see. My guess would be limited record formats, limited stream formats, or something along those lines that may not be that obvious unless you know what to look for. They may all have the same patch number too perhaps, version one has just defines what features are exposed.

Jeff

It appears one difference with the Deluxe version is a built in "Edit with ScreenRecorder's video editor" functionality. If you have the SE version your only option is to edit in PD, The Deluxe appears to have its own built in mini editor.

Jeff
[Thumb - SR_Deluxe.PNG]
 Filename
SR_Deluxe.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)