Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
nvenc stopped working
MarkB777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2020 17:56 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

I was rendering a approximately 2 hour file using Nvenc. It froze about about 1% into the render. THe file was an avi Canopus DV video codec. I am rendering into an mp4 1920p 11mbps. (Not sure why i didnt do 16)

I restarted powerdirector and fast video rendering tenchnology section is no longer accessible in the menu. I am currently cpu rendering as we speak. My cpu is ryzen 3950x. My Gpu is titan x maxwell. i have never had this problem on myh new system. Does anyonne know why this happens and how to fix it?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello.

I was rendering a approximately 2 hour file using Nvenc. It froze about about 1% into the render. THe file was an avi Canopus DV video codec. I am rendering into an mp4 1920p 11mbps. (Not sure why i didnt do 16)

I restarted powerdirector and fast video rendering tenchnology section is no longer accessible in the menu. I am currently cpu rendering as we speak. My cpu is ryzen 3950x. My Gpu is titan x maxwell. i have never had this problem on myh new system. Does anyonne know why this happens and how to fix it?

Your post implies you lost all of NVENC, not just the ability to use on a specific profile. If that's the case, you might try "Optimize" in pref > Hardware Acceleration or a new clean installation of the Nvidia drivers again.

If just a single produce profile that NVENC is not available, actions would be different.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Please see if this discussion provides the solution.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 25. 2021 15:17

MarkB777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2020 17:56 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Please see if this discussion provides the solution.

The registry thing in this thread worked. Thanks