Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Videos Do Not Display
Newbie Editor J [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2021 20:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! I just got Powerdirector 19 and when I open the software it get an error "An error occured while opening this media file in the media library." The sample skateboard videos it comes with does not display (it is just a black picture). I have downloaded and dropped other MP4 files in and I get the same error and issue. Any advice? Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well something's terribly amiss if you can't even see the sample clips.

Try uninstalling PD 19 and then reinstalling it. If you still get error messages when you try to preview clips, please follow the steps to create and share the DxDiag test results in the Read Me Before Posting guide so we can see if there's anything obvious going on with your system.
Newbie Editor J [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2021 20:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Well something's terribly amiss if you can't even see the sample clips.

Try uninstalling PD 19 and then reinstalling it. If you still get error messages when you try to preview clips, please follow the steps to create and share the DxDiag test results in the Read Me Before Posting guide so we can see if there's anything obvious going on with your system.

Whipped the hard drive and reinstalled due to another issue. Then reinstalled Powerdirector but the same issue persists. Diganostic attached. Thanks!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
114 time(s)
[Thumb - Error Message.PNG]
 Filename
Error Message.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Error 2.PNG]
 Filename
Error 2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2021 20:09

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the details. The main issue is that you have Windows 10 Pro N, where the N stands for "No media player" and related support files.

I have no experience with that OS but it seems like you will need to download the Microsoft Media Feature Pack for N. Here's a page you can do that from but you may want to check with your machine's vendor (MSI) first. If installing that pack doesn't help you may need to contact CL tech support directly as the "N" version may not be supported.

Your version of Windows (19H1/build 18363) is also no longer supported (as of May 2021) so you should update to a more recent version like 20H1 which will be supported for several more years.

Finally the video driver for your nVidia GTX1050Ti is almost a year old and you should download the most recent version either from the MSI support site or directly from nVidia.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2021 23:26