Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Keyframes in 360 Videos (365)
OffroadGirl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Westminster, CO Joined: May 21, 2018 20:04 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new to PD 365 so I've been watching tutorials and reading help files for the last two days. I have a 360 video shot on a GoPro Max attached to my vehicle, and I want the focus to remain on the road ahead of me, keeping it a 360 video so viewers can pan around on their own. After hours of research, I'm no closer to figuring out how to do this. All tutorials seem to mention menus and screens I don't have.

How do I set focus points to keep it forward on straight roads, and then work around corners on the curves?

Thanks for your help!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The short answer is you really can't do both. You either choose between showing your viewer specific content or letting them have full control. See this discussion and the two others that I link to in my post there for more details.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I should add that it's possible to track objects in full 360 videos but there's obviously no way to guarantee that your viewer will see any of them if they've manually changed their viewpoint. See this disccussion and linked threads.
OffroadGirl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your quick responses @optodata -- it's information I didn't stumble on, so you've been very helpful.

Looking at this in another way, I have 13 clips in this video. Would you recommend I set the start position for each clip facing forward along the road, or does that automatically happen? The camera didn't move throughout all 13 clips, so the front of the GoPro Max was always facing the road. I'm concerned that if I set the start position for each clip and if a viewer is watching in the opposition direction when it changes clips, then they'll be violently dragged back to the forward position. What do you think? Thanks!
optodata
[Post New]
PD will set each clip to the default camera view when you place it on the timeline. If that happens to be the view you want, you don't need to take any other steps.

However if it's off to one side or the other, you'll want to use the 360° Start View Setting tool to place that area in front of the viewer.

(It can be tedious to manually put in the same start settings for every clip, so the easiest way to repeat that setting for all the other clips is to actually make a copy of the first clip and paste 12 more many copies on the timeline.

Then drag each new clip one at a time onto the timeline copy and choose Replace so that the new clip inherits the start view settings. Note that you'll need to manually lengthen all the clips that are longer than the "master" clip, since using Replace will automatically trim each clip to the same length as the "master" copy. You're free to change the length of any clip at any time, I just wanted to warn you about the possibility of the ends of longer clips being auto-trimmed.)

As far as planning your viewer experience, each time you place a clip (and if you split a clip into 2 or more sections), you have the opportunity to reframe the center view - but if you align all clips facing the same way there's no transition for the viewer because the individual timeline clips will all become one seamless produced video.

In other words, if the viewer has decided that they want to look out the left window, that's the view they'll keep seeing throught the entire video until and unless they decide to change the view.
OffroadGirl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote ...if the viewer has decided that they want to look out the left window, that's the view they'll keep seeing throught the entire video until and unless they decide to change the view.

You're a wealth of information! Best tidbit I've read, thank you.