Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can 360 video use a motion track to set the current 360 view position
Keith1111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2019 13:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
If you have a 360 video can you use motion track to move the user view position to follow say a person walking around the camera for example? This is in a 360 video mode output not normal 1080 type video mode.

I can not test this on the Powerdirector trial because it does now load 360 videos.

thank you
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not aware of any restriction on 360 videos in the trial version, but it won't let you import any 2K (or higher) clips, or clips that are encoded in HEVC/H.265. In other words, HD AVC/H.264 clips, even 360 degree ones, should work.

As to your main question, I'm not 100% clear on what mode your final video will be produced in.

If it's true 360 - where the user has full control over direction and zoom - then you can't track the viewer position unless you break the clip up into separate sections and set a new starting view on each one. See this post for more details. You can however, add a motion tracked title or object to follow that person around.

On the other hand, if you're going to produce a "flat" (standard) video from your 360 source, then you absolutely can follow the person around and even zoom in or out at will, as described here.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°